BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 31/8/22

Great result, lots of positives...

Kaminski - had nothing to do, dodgy distribution , solid enough.

Travis - Solid at right back, think he was up against a winger who didn't really test him too much. Wondered out of position quite regularly which I think better teams could punish. Got forward well.

Pickering - Really good game, handled Bowler really well. Distributed the ball well. When we play deep like we did today it really suits him. 

Hyam - Quality, didn't miss Ayala at all

Carter - See Hyam above. Two centrebacks comfortable in the air and on the floor was a joy to see. 

Morton - Great forward passing. Linked the game up nicely, made a couple of good challenges too. However also some loose passes which Blackpool should have made more of. 

A Wharton - wowzers... he's going to play every game for us this season. Absolutely fabulous player. Tackled, passed, shot, dictated. Best player on the pitch... Looks the real deal. 

Hedges - looked well off it really, nowhere near as effective as first three games of the season. Hard to pick out exacly why, just made the wrong decision over and over again. 

Brereton - great goal, worked so hard, created a load of chances for himself. Absolutely murdered their right back. Unlucky not to get two or three. 

Dack - Didn't see too much of the ball, but when he did he was classy. Great assist for the goal.

Dolan - As always worked really hard but again struggled to get anywere near beating his man. Could have scored with an early shot. Looks like whatever he had a year ago is slipping away from him. 

Vale - I'd written him off but he was a lot stronger and more direct today. Nearly scored. Got an unfair yellow for similation I think. Maybe there's more to him.

All that said Appleton bizarrely set Blackpool up in a way that really suited us. Only two centre mids and two centrebacks, and they pushed right up giving us loads of room in behind. Really daft. Was absolutely perfect for us. So... I will wait on getting too carried away until I see us play well against teams that sit a bit deeper and are physical and try to hit us on the break.

• Like 5

We looked a lot more threatening tonight than recent performances. Very pleasing to see, and equally pleasing JDT acted on the lethargy. 

Adam Wharton looked to be an extra second ahead with every touch he had. Very composed. How can he be dropped on that performance. Who needs Ross Barkley.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sverrehh said:

What did he say?

Loosely…

Q: Deadline day tomorrow, what are you expecting?
A: Whilst I’m wearing the shirt I’ll be trying my best. 
Q: What are you being told will happen tomorrow?

A: I’ll be getting on the bike at training and doing my cool down. 

• Like 1

Wharton wow. Buckley watch and learn; They share a lot of the same attributes but young Adam really showed him how to play tonight.

A lot of positive performances and Hirst will fit in nicely through the middle in this team. Just hope Brereton stays and we can beat anyone on our day. 

• Like 1

Excellent win and much deserved by our players. We played very well. Best team overall should scored 4 or 5 tonight. 

Adam Wharton was MOTM but I thought Hyam was very good at the back and organised them and talking throughout the game. 

Great ball by Dack for the Cool finish by BBD. 

Well played Rovers tonight 🔵

• Like 6