BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

I remember on the day the squad was announced somebody on the radio said Maddison won't play a min in the world cup,he said Southgate has no  intention  of  playing him hes only going to stop the backlash that would have come if he'd been left out and he was right.I can't recall who it was but it might have been Jason Cundy on Talksport

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t understand why we didn’t go man to man on Greizmann. Everything went through him.

Agree Griezmann was impressive. Kane wants to do the same thing by dropping deep but it leaves the team lacking up front, which was an issue. If he would lead the line, a Foden or Maddison could, perhaps, have more space.

I don't think moaning about Grealish is justified. He's been a defensive sub for England and hasn't done much going forward from what I have seen - admittedly, not every minute. I'm more disappointed that Maddison, who's been is such good form, didn't get used.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We had 3 or 4 excellent chances. The better team lost

Only chance bar the pens of note was the Maguire header. Bar that, we had a lot of the play, but France took their chances, that’s the difference. Hard to take, but them’s the breaks.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mbappe was goading kane when he missed 

Didn't see that, but don't care tbh. That's in the heat of battle.

I judge people on how they act when the final whistle goes (or in boxing final bell).

E.g. Argentina acted like absolute tits, I thought the French were quite sporting and gracious tonight. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He produced 2 or 3 saves plus we hit the woodwork 

If you mean when Maguire's effort scraped the outside of the post... sure.

Ultimately France gifted us two penalties. You can't ask for much more than that. 

Still, no shame in going out to France. It is what it is. We still just don't have the mentality to go all the way.

• Like 1

England the better side tonight, really unlucky to lose, but the future is bright. We have been one of the best sides, if not the best side in this tournament. 

Southgate keeps his job, he keeps this side together and we win the Euros.

Having been to a number of World Cups and Euros myself, I feel for the fans, but as an armchair fan tonight I’m proud of the efforts.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 4

What gets me is France a country with a tinpot league and who half of them prefer Rugby to football are going to win a second World cup in a row while we a country that lives and dies with football are stuck waiting until at least 60 years since we won it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

Didn't see that, but don't care tbh. That's in the heat of battle.

I judge people on how they act when the final whistle goes (or in boxing final bell).

E.g. Argentina acted like absolute tits, I thought the French were quite sporting and gracious tonight. 

I wonder about the full context. The Sun's banners in Paris was goading and, though nothing to do with the team, it might be misrepresented that way. Likewise, who knows what was said between Netherlands and Argentina during their game, during which, I believe, some confrontations occurred. The media like to present scenes out of context to engender emotion.

Edited by riverholmes

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

England the better side tonight, really unlucky to lose, but the future is bright. We have been one of the best sides, if not the best side in this tournament. 

Southgate keeps his job, he keeps this side together and we win the Euros.

Having been to a number of World Cups and Euros myself, I feel for the fans, but as an armchair fan tonight I’m proud of the efforts.

Onwards and upwards. 

We’ll never win anything with Southgate. Keep him if you like.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bullshit, with respect, his record speaks for itself.

He’s a contract until the Euros, which we will hopefully win.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's had 3 tournaments and failed,we love to award failure in this country,oh but we got so far in the 3 tournaments they will say,the mentality should be you dont win after more than 1 world cup try you leave and give someone else a go.

10 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

What gets me is France a country with a tinpot league and who half of them prefer Rugby to football are going to win a second World cup in a row while we a country that lives and dies with football are stuck waiting until at least 60 years since we won it.

Yes you’re right and guess which league gives most of these Johnny foreigners the opportunity to play at a higher level at the detriment to our own young players! But money talks and we all go back to supporting our beloved premiership teams and have no regard for the long term effect on our national team. You can’t have it both ways. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I wonder about the full context. The Sun's banners in Paris was goading and, though nothing to do with the team, it might be misrepresented that way. Likewise, who knows what was said between Netherlands and Argentina during their game, during which, I believe, some confrontations occurred. The media like to present scenes out of context to engender emotion.

Haven't heard about some of that. Was just a recent throw away example tbh.

Was more focusing on that it takes a certain character to commiserate with the loser in those moments, rather than getting caught up in the win. Probably is more rare, I'm thinking Flintoff on his knees with the Aussie batsman. And he's the biggest wind up merchant of the lot: "Mind the windows Tino!"

But not once the contest is over. A switch flicks then. No need to goad.

I know Lloris is his domestic teammate, but just though it was a nice moment to see the two of them with him.

But I'm probably trying to extract some granule of joy out of this miserable day. 😪

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Haven't heard about some of that. Was just a recent throw away example tbh.

Was more focusing on that it takes a certain character to commiserate with the loser in those moments, rather than getting caught up in the win. Probably is more rare, I'm thinking Flintoff on his knees with the Aussie batsman. And he's the biggest wind up merchant of the lot: "Mind the windows Tino!"

But not once the contest is over. A switch flicks then. No need to goad.

I know Lloris is his domestic teammate, but just though it was a nice moment to see the two of them with him.

But I'm probably trying to extract some granule of joy out of this miserable day. 😪

It’s not hard to be a good winner. Some players seem to struggle with it though.

• Like 2