BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What was the game where Portugal played someone and the presenter went on a rant about this being the most disgusting game of football he's ever seen? Was that Uruguay or was that Argentina also

Don’t remember Portugal, but my first memory of a World Cup was 1962 in Chile. Chile v Italy was so disgusting that it became known as the Battle of Santiago. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It also missed a stamp on Suarez.

It's not all one way.

This ref is fecking useless.

The issue for me is that the officials are happy to allow VAR to make a big decision as it takes the pressure away from them. In Rugby League when a decision is referred to the video referee the on field referee has to commit himself to a decision and that is heard by the supporters. In football the on field officials are non committal and happy to pass the buck.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Yeah, Uruguay going home is no big loss. Perhaps they should look at how they performed against South Korea rather than scream at the officials like a group of petulant children. 

A good tournament so far for the African and Asian teams. 

• Like 5

• Backroom

That was a pen for Cavani imo, so I understand the anger.

But you cannot verbally, and pretty much physically, attack the referee and linesmen like they did at the end.

They should get decent bans for that,  and I'd think the same if England players did it. 

Also, Suarez's tears are always fun to witness. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

It really is awful when a player tries to be clever as he strolls and stutters up to the ball. It just makes it easier for the keeper. And it looks like the shocker is going to cost Ghana now. As you say just belt the bloody thing.

Whenever I did that it went Beamo-style over the crossbar.

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

What was the game where Portugal played someone and the presenter went on a rant about this being the most disgusting game of football he's ever seen? Was that Uruguay or was that Argentina also

Thing is Uruguay are the Wales of South America who consistently produce good players from such a small population.

They play hard and push the line but no more than many others including European teams.

I'm trying to work out why a German ref was so anti them .....

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thing is Uruguay are the Wales of South America who consistently produce good players from such a small population.

They play hard and push the line but no more than many others including European teams.

I'm trying to work out why a German ref was so anti them .....

They're absolutely vile. The antics they produce not just this game is out of order. Probably only Spain could rival them but they make Spain look like angels 

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

As mentioned above, Chile vs Italy in 1962 where the presenter (a young David Coleman?) used those words, but you may be thinking about Portugal vs Netherlands in 2006 - the battle of Nuremburg:

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

They're absolutely vile. The antics they produce not just this game is out of order. Probably only Spain could rival them but they make Spain look like angels 

no one in the game is snow white anymore,there are no corinthians and fair play went out with stanley mathews,tom finney and tommy lawton

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You need to watch Racing Club v Celtic in the world club championship.

This was War - The Battle of Montevideo, and excellent video on YouTube with scenes from the battle and interviews with Celtic players.

Parental guidance is needed for younger viewers and it's not for the faint hearted.