BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

has`nt been much in the game,though the dutch are far more battle hardened than the usa when it comes to football

Agreed.

The Dutch just have that that little bit extra which the USA don't quite have yet. The first goal was high quality.

Netherlands will give most teams a good game.

19 minutes ago, Giant said:

A classic example of a bunch of athletes lacking technique and football nouse versus a football team with players who have both in abundance. 

Does thus dutch team have an abundance of technique? It's a long way off the days of seedorf kluivert Bergkamp davids robben

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The best player I ever saw. You can argue about who was the second best.

He played in a pub league with pub players all his career, but on the international stage he could play, superb player, but just behind Maradona and Super Atko for me. 

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The best player I ever saw. You can argue about who was the second best.

I agree and he always gave credit to opposition players who he considered the best in their position. Bobby Moore and Gordon Banks being two of them. 

I’m also glad the USA are out. Anyone who plays the wonderful game and still call it Soccer don’t deserve to be in a FIFA World Cup tournament. Do you see the letter S in the governing bodies title Yankee boys? 
Stick to playing your brand with crash helmets and lots of padding. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

He played in a pub league with pub players all his career, but on the international stage he could play, superb player, but just behind Maradona and Super Atko for me. 

brito,everaldo,clodoaldo,piazza,carlos alberto.gerson,rivelino,jairzinho,tostao

all pub players😆give your head a wobble son

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Brazilian 1st Division when hardly any S. American footballers played overseas is hardly playing in a pub league with pub team footballers. Ok, he finished his career playing for NY Cosmos, but Pele was equally good with both feet, unlike Maradona and Messi, and he was a brilliant header of the ball. Three World Cup winner’s medals, youngest player ever in a final. The best player ever.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

He played in a pub league with pub players 

Did he? I’m far from an expert on the Brazilian top flight in the 1960s and 70s but the Brazil national team was obviously the best of that era….and all of the 1970 team, for example, played their club football in Brazil. For a variety of clubs. So my guess it was pretty strong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

brito,everaldo,clodoaldo,piazza,carlos alberto.gerson,rivelino,jairzinho,tostao

all pub players😆give your head a wobble son

20 teams in group A and group B - 600 players in those squads and you had to Google the 1970 Brazil team which says it all.

Its all about opinions, Pele is a great man and a great player, but he played in a pub league.

29 minutes ago, frosty said:

Did he? I’m far from an expert on the Brazilian top flight in the 1960s and 70s but the Brazil national team was obviously the best of that era….and all of the 1970 team, for example, played their club football in Brazil. For a variety of clubs. So my guess it was pretty strong.

Would you say the same about the German league and Argentinian leagues when they won the World Cups?

I wouldn’t, but it’s all about opinions my friend, hope you’re well by the way  👍

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

I agree and he always gave credit to opposition players who he considered the best in their position. Bobby Moore and Gordon Banks being two of them. 

I’m also glad the USA are out. Anyone who plays the wonderful game and still call it Soccer don’t deserve to be in a FIFA World Cup tournament. Do you see the letter S in the governing bodies title Yankee boys? 
Stick to playing your brand with crash helmets and lots of padding. 

I'm genuinely curious as to why it being called soccer bothers people? A term invented in Britain and primarily only used by those from country whose leading form of football isn't Association Rules...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

20 teams in group A and group B - 600 players in those squads and you had to Google the 1970 Brazil team which says it all.

Its all about opinions, Pele is a great man and a great player, but he played in a pub league.

Some of us are old enough not to have to Google the 1970 Brazil team and you are making assumptions that Simon is doing that. 
He may well be but do you know that for sure? 
Anyway for an inclusion into your knowledge bank, the best World Cup team I’ve ever seen was Brazil in 1970

• Like 1