BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

19 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

A question, given that we had three Aussies playing at the top level, are any of them involved with the Australian WC squad?

Not sure about that but if it hasn't been mentioned, Jamie Maclaren, on their bench, is a striker who spent something like 4 years at Rovers as academy and reserve player.

On a different note, Argentina's play exemplifies what I find really frustrating about the modern game. Back in the day, we would have aimless crosses at every opportunity. Now, teams get the ball out wide and aimlessly pass it back in field and back to the half way line. It's mindless possession play and so dull to watch. I suppose it might be argued the opposition is being made to run and worn down but without actually trying to create, it is pretty ineffective, at times. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Obviously Messi is class but I hate that every match he plays in becomes an absolute jizz fest before, during and after the game. Dime pundits are cringeworthy

You’re quite right but that’s not the fault of Messi. He might be at the end of his career and he is nowhere as good as he once was but I feel blessed to have seen him in his pomp. 

• Like 3

For many he’s the greatest to have ever played the game, and he’s playing his last WC - the one prize which has evaded him to date. The media frenzy was always going to be there. It’s the same for Ronaldo in this tournament (perhaps ever so slightly less as his powers are fading quicker). Enjoy it for one final time.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Would Danny Murphy be seen as such a deplorable commentator by Rovers fans if he hadnt had the spell here that he did? I think via red button you can get alternative commentary.

I fancy Holland to get to the semi finals, they play pragmatic football but have really good defenders, De Jong is a great midfielder and they have lots of pace and quality up front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Danny Murphy be seen as such a deplorable commentator by Rovers fans if he hadnt had the spell here that he did? I think via red button you can get alternative commentary.

I fancy Holland to get to the semi finals, they play pragmatic football but have really good defenders, De Jong is a great midfielder and they have lots of pace and quality up front.

giphy-11.gif

44 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Some of us are old enough not to have to Google the 1970 Brazil team and you are making assumptions that Simon is doing that. 
He may well be but do you know that for sure? 
Anyway for an inclusion into your knowledge bank, the best World Cup team I’ve ever seen was Brazil in 1970

Totally agree. They were magnificent and just blew teams away (apart from England who imo were the best of the rest at that time)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Some of us are old enough not to have to Google the 1970 Brazil team and you are making assumptions that Simon is doing that. 
He may well be but do you know that for sure? 
Anyway for an inclusion into your knowledge bank, the best World Cup team I’ve ever seen was Brazil in 1970

Great side Ian, no doubt about it, the Tv coverage was exceptional too, taking it to the masses.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Messi rolling back the years here, great to watch and the Argentinian fans are by far the best so far in this tournament. 

Are the flights cheap from Argentina? Massive numbers and vocal support. 

• Like 1