BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

2 minutes ago, booth said:

That's exactly what boring Arsenal did in the 90s. I do think JDT will rely on the defence less if we have better attackers to call on, and it's good that the players can do it. Under Mowbray I had no faith in the defence at all.

For 65 minutes we were dominant and should have scored but as we have seen we go ultra defensive and invite pressure unnecessarily. I think it's only a matter of time before this tactic backfires and we throw away points. And we don't have Dixon, Adams, Bould and Winterburn as a defensive unit.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

A few wins like this one wouldn't have gone amiss after Christmas last year.

We now have around half of what we'll likely need for a top 6 spot - which is an impressive achievement for the management team given the tricky situation they inherited.

As a pointless bit of trivia - when you look at our results this season compared to the same fixtures last term, we're 14 points up.  Obviously you can't read too much into that, but it's good to see that we're picking points in games that we didn't last time out.

Speaking (or typing) as someone who witnessed wins like that under Dalglish, I'm hoping we're seeing a similar canny and intelligent manager who is learning about what his players are capable of when pushed. And hopefully not just luck. It didn't feel like it against Coventry but feels like it today.

The first half was lack lustre and pedestrian apart from the goal. All that tip tapping at the back got us absolutely nowhere. Then a simple ale house ball opened them up like a kipper. We need to do more of that. We started the second half brightly but that last 30 minutes was beyond poor. We played almost all of it in our last third. They bypassed midfield and just launched it forwards whilst flooding our box with players.  We’d no out ball because all our players were in the last third also. Our shape went to pieces. Why play Brererton out wide after Gally had to go off ? We’d hardly any presence up front after that.

On another day we could have easily lost that game. Any neutral turning that on at half time and not knowing the teams would have assumed we were the bottom of the league team and not Huddersfield. Our central midfield was next to non existent in a creative sense. I thought Morton was really poor, if that’s the future for Liverpool God help ‘em. Travis is just a blunt instrument I’m afraid. Hedges did ok and Smodics work hard. But he lacks the vision and X factor to play in that position. Gally didn’t look fully fit and BBD, inspite of a well taken goal, isn’t quite up to his previous sharpness.

As somebody else said we need a midfield playmaker. Oh for a Berkovic or a Bohinen or Cowans. Somebody to direct the traffic and calm things down. Play like that with no midfield next week and it could get embarrassing. That’s were the dingles are strongest.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, booth said:

Speaking (or typing) as someone who witnessed wins like that under Dalglish, I'm hoping we're seeing a similar canny and intelligent manager who is learning about what his players are capable of when pushed. And hopefully not just luck. It didn't feel like it against Coventry but feels like it today.

I’ve seen us lose 3-0 in the past and play better than that. The last half an hour was excruciating.

• Like 2

We utterly controlled the first half and 15 mins of the second half with confident, attractive, possession and should really have had at least one more goal. For the last half hour we did what we always do in this situation, which is drop deeper and tighten up. It doesn't make for comfortable viewing but is a clear policy and is working so far. I honestly don't know what game some of you are watching to warrant such relentless negativity.

• Like 8

Another great win we are clearly drilled in the art of hanging on once in front rather than looking to kill games off.

Looked for all the world like we would get another but a few break away chances for Hudds and a bit of a knee jerk sub imo.  Defender on, striker off so early in the second half handed all the initiative to them rather needlessly. 

Like i said though that's obviously plan A that is drilled into them no matter the opposition and it's working. Good job they were so poor in the final third though i assume also JDT has more faith in our defensive players than the counter attacking ones.

We aren't half good at making teams look better than they are but who cares.

Job done again, another 3 in the bag and we move on

• Like 4

Last 10 we played with 9, Dolan and Vale added nothing except to.give the ball back...it took the knackered BBD to show the way by relieving pressure...amazing decision to replace Hedges unless he had an injury.  Especially to replace with those types.

2-3 good signings in Jan and we have a real chance here.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first half was lack lustre and pedestrian apart from the goal. All that tip tapping at the back got us absolutely nowhere. Then a simple ale house ball opened them up like a kipper. We need to do more of that. We started the second half brightly but that last 30 minutes was beyond poor. We played almost all of it in our last third. They bypassed midfield and just launched it forwards whilst flooding our box with players.  We’d no out ball because all our players were in the last third also. Our shape went to pieces. Why play Brererton out wide after Gally had to go off ? We’d hardly any presence up front after that.

On another day we could have easily lost that game. Any neutral turning that on at half time and not knowing the teams would have assumed we were the bottom of the league team and not Huddersfield. Our central midfield was next to non existent in a creative sense. I thought Morton was really poor, if that’s the future for Liverpool God help ‘em. Travis is just a blunt instrument I’m afraid. Hedges did ok and Smodics work hard. But he lacks the vision and X factor to play in that position. Gally didn’t look fully fit and BBD, inspite of a well taken goal, isn’t quite up to his previous sharpness.

As somebody else said we need a midfield playmaker. Oh for a Berkovic or a Bohinen or Cowans. Somebody to direct the traffic and calm things down. Play like that with no midfield next week and it could get embarrassing. That’s were the dingles are strongest.

Excellent analysis there, that's exactly how I saw the game.

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Last 10 we played with 9, Dolan and Vale added nothing except to.give the ball back...it took the knackered BBD to show the way by relieving pressure...amazing decision to replace Hedges unless he had an injury.  Especially to replace with those types.

2-3 good signings in Jan and we have a real chance here.  

I know you don't like Dolan but I thought he did ok after he came on. I would have bought Dack on for Gallagher but if you discount him on the basis he is completely out of favour, Dolan should have been the one to come on. 

Vale I was less impressed with. JDT must see something in training from him every day we're not seeing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first half was lack lustre and pedestrian apart from the goal. All that tip tapping at the back got us absolutely nowhere. Then a simple ale house ball opened them up like a kipper. We need to do more of that. 

Tip tapping at the back…. Was Ayala playing by any chance? I wouldn’t pick him 

Ale house football created our few chances at Coventry too after 70 minutes of pointless passing

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Vale I was less impressed with. JDT must see something in training from him every day we're not seeing.

Anyone that can see anything in Vale knows a lot more about football than me. 

Rovers deserved the win and we controlled the first 60 mins. First half we kept possession of the ball and we played with confidence. We had 2 very good chances in the first 2 minutes. Pickering played a wonderful ball over the top to BBD who does what he does best and score goals for Blackburn Rovers! We should have been 3 nil after 60 mins. Then Huddersfield came into the game and had to couple of chances, after that JDT change formation and took Gallagher who was shattered for Scott Wharton, which I think was wrong move cos I would have brought Garrett in for Gallagher and gone to control the midfield battle instead. Bringing on Scott Wharton just give them the ball more and we sat back far too much for my likely. I agree with Vale and Dolan subs. 

Brittain was my man of the match. He was outstanding today and show why Rovers wanted him for over 12 months and why I said he was the right signing for the right back slot. Pickering and Morton were good aswell. 

I would pick the same starting 11 against the dingles next week. Gallagher and Hedges shown today why we missed them so much when they aren't playing. Bring the dingles on now. 

second in the league and 6 home wins on the bounce is an excellent start. 

JDT's Blue and White Army!!! 🔵

Edited by chaddyrovers

I thought Travis had the worst game he’s had in a rovers shirt. He was really poor today. A wins a win and aslong as they keep coming no complaints from me. 

I do echo a lot of what others are saying though . Huddersfield never looked like having a chance never mind scoring so to sit back at home and invite pressure is suicidal and it’s not the first or last time this season we are going to see us sit back and defend for life And we will be punished for it. To do it at home against the bottom of the league is disappointing and all the talk pre season of not passing for the sake of it, the Dutch disease, is on show for the majority of every game. 

im delighted we are where we are but I absolutely hate watching us play this way and if results turn I don’t think JDT will have much support from the fans . 

Anyway let’s get the dingles beat and then see where we are after the World Cup. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would pick the same starting 11 against the dingles next week. Gallagher and Hedges shown today why we missed them so much when they aren't playing. Bring the dingles on now. 

We absolutely must not play 4 at the back against those with 6 fingers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

3 Points, but another poor performance from the manager.

Hudds deserved at least a point. Not surprising crowds are so poor with this guy in charge.

It's JDT fault why attendances are so poor? 

over 13k Rovers fans on. 

2 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

It won't last if he carries on like he is.

Why won't it last? second in the league, 6 home wins on the bounce and 8 clean sheets so far. 

1 hour ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Dack.

to do what today? 

47 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

But he really needs to up his own performance, because his luck won't last.

Why is it luck tho? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyone that can see anything in Vale knows a lot more about football than me. 

im`e struggling to see anything in him that suggests he`s even a lower league player,looks totally out of his depth whenever he`s appeared,to me he looks like a production line academy product who looks great in the non contact world of the u23`s but when it comes to proper football he`s just not cut out for it

• Like 2