BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Really thought we would of have at least the GK in today 

Really need that undav deal to go through next week..we desperately need a striker who knows where the net is ..relying on Vale, Gallagher etc against Bristol City is only going to end one way

Last I heard there was a bit of confusion/chaos because the goalkeeper deal was on the basis of Pears going to Pompy on loan.

Pompy have signed another keeper today who they were originally told wasn’t going to be sent out on loan (so moved for Pears), then suddenly yesterday was allowed to go on loan. Source is the local Portsmouth Sports Writer on Twitter.

I’d hope finding a new home for Pears won’t be a stumbling block and they can find another club to pay his wages. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Last I heard there was a bit of confusion/chaos because the goalkeeper deal was on the basis of Pears going to Pompy on loan.

Pompy have signed another keeper today who they were originally told wasn’t going to be sent out on loan (so moved for Pears), then suddenly yesterday was allowed to go on loan. Source is the local Portsmouth Sports Writer on Twitter.

I’d hope finding a new home for Pears won’t be a stumbling block and they can find another club to pay his wages. 

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ok I'm getting sick of this false narrative that everyone wanted rid of him before the 21/22 season. I already tried to dispel it, at length, but I suspect the length of the post put many off reading it. Here's the simpler version:

June 2021. Here are some comments from that page, during or just after a Chile match.

'Play the lad up front. Fuck Armstrong.

Barcelona bound 😆 '

'BB Diaz should have been playing for England tonight, better than anything on show at Wembley. '

'At this rate, he’s going to be lifting the Jules Rimet Trophy in 2026. '

'Majestic - first time we’ve all smiled this much at anything rovers related for a long while.

He looks like a quality player and absolutely made up. Arturo Vidal slapping him on the back instead of Corrie Evans. '

'Brereton does seem to be thriving in the Copa America. Let's hope he gets used properly by Blackburn next season, now we've seen what he can do in the right environment. '

Some of those are a bit tongue in cheek, but not all, and still not how people who want rid of him would talk. Also includes JB successfully raising £375 towards a giant Diaz flag. That's all on just one page. Going back a bit further to page 190, 30th May 2021, I see Tyrone asking if people would give him a new contract, and I see three people responding (Chaddy, Exiled Rover and TheRoversReturn) - all saying yes.

So, can we all stop pretending everyone wanted rid of him that summer? Please? Some serious Mandela Effect shit going on here, and whilst I like balance, I'm even more a fan of accuracy.

IIRC he came back after the first Covid lockdown and finally looked like a footballer. So last few months of 19/20 season which was from about June 2020 to August 2020. Before that he was shite. I think they put something in the vaccine!

I can't imagine Pears going on loan to League One frees up a whole ton of money, enough to permanently sign a new GK, so why does it slow the deal's conclusion? I sure hope we aren't signing this guy just so Pears can go on loan as some kind of favour to him. We already did him a huge favour - signing him in the first place.

Just now, J*B said:

Have we heard from @unleaded this window?

Funnily enough I was thinking about him earlier, and nearly mentioned him in the post, as I saw an old post of his in the BBD thread. Where he called it a waste of money because 'watch him leave for free' or something like that. Quite an accurate prediction it's looking like...

Someone (I think Exiled) also predicted the club would do bugger all to take advantage of the BBD buzz in Chile.

29 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Down to 6th at the minute! If we are serious about the playoffs surely we need to get a couple decent additions in ASAP.

Not sure we will deal with a new year capitulation too well again this time around! 

We need a goal scorer more than anything else.

Brereton-Diaz didn't return from the World Cup break and everyone else is missing golden chances. We beat both Boro and Rotherham if ANYONE could take the golden chances we created.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ok I'm getting sick of this false narrative that everyone wanted rid of him before the 21/22 season. I already tried to dispel it, at length, but I suspect the length of the post put many off reading it. Here's the simpler version:

June 2021. Here are some comments from that page, during or just after a Chile match.

'Play the lad up front. Fuck Armstrong.

Barcelona bound 😆 '

'BB Diaz should have been playing for England tonight, better than anything on show at Wembley. '

'At this rate, he’s going to be lifting the Jules Rimet Trophy in 2026. '

'Majestic - first time we’ve all smiled this much at anything rovers related for a long while.

He looks like a quality player and absolutely made up. Arturo Vidal slapping him on the back instead of Corrie Evans. '

'Brereton does seem to be thriving in the Copa America. Let's hope he gets used properly by Blackburn next season, now we've seen what he can do in the right environment. '

Some of those are a bit tongue in cheek, but not all, and still not how people who want rid of him would talk. Also includes JB successfully raising £375 towards a giant Diaz flag. That's all on just one page. Going back a bit further to page 190, 30th May 2021, I see Tyrone asking if people would give him a new contract, and I see three people responding (Chaddy, Exiled Rover and TheRoversReturn) - all saying yes.

So, can we all stop pretending everyone wanted rid of him that summer? Please? Some serious Mandela Effect shit going on here, and whilst I like balance, I'm even more a fan of accuracy.

Thanks for adding the proof to what I was trying to explain earlier. Can go all the way back to 2020 in that thread and see nothing but praise for him, over 2 years ago.  

Complete nonsense from the lot saying everyone wanted rid until he scored 20

0EAFB536-BFE8-45AC-9FB8-92EA0448FD2D.jpeg

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can't imagine Pears going on loan to League One frees up a whole ton of money, enough to permanently sign a new GK, so why does it slow the deal's conclusion? I sure hope we aren't signing this guy just so Pears can go on loan as some kind of favour to him. We already did him a huge favour - signing him in the first place.

Squad size and yea we don’t want to be paying 2x backup keeper wages , we are that restricted 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Squad size and yea we don’t want to be paying 2x backup keeper wages , we are that restricted 

It's been claimed before that Pears is on something like 5k pw. Might be false (hopefully!), might be true, but if it's true then surely we will be paying at least 1.5x backup keeper wages anyway? I can't see Pompey covering the whole of a wage like that.

8 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Very much a hindsight post. Most on here wanted him gone for 'anything we could get' for him.

I don't remember it that way. I think most of us thought there was little point gettting rid of him at that point because we wouldn't get much if anything for him!

As soon as he starts to look more like it, his contact should have been extended, or at least the attempt should have been made. But we don't do quick!

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ohhh jeez - They offered him a contract and he didn’t sign it. He wasn’t worth a wank until last Christmas and even then no one wanted to stump up the cash for him!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if Venkys had known we were going to implode last Christmas then selling BBD and Rothwell for £15m combined would’ve been a solid call. Truth be known, they woulda been lynched for it back then.

It’s very very unfortunate how this has turned out. But as early as Sep 2021 most of wouldn’t have given a shit if Brereton had gone on loan and never come back…that’s 18 months ago and we’d have been perplexed had he been offered a new contract.

It is what it is. The club don’t have a crystal ball and can’t even pay the wages of the likes of Boro and Bournemouth - we must move on.

Once again its not just Diaz we have lost/will lose for free is it? Inconvenient to recall the others? Which club has done worse?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

why are we messing around with goalkeepers when we don`t score goals and don`t create many chances,get midfielders and strikers in ffs,im`e leaning towards the view that jdt and broughton don`t have a scooby doo

It's called forward planning and for once actually having a plan. Our 3rd and 4th choice keepers are not being offered new contracts, the new guy is cheapish and available now. It is a good bit of business and exactly what we should have been doing with our forward department for the past 2 seasons.

If a player is available that improves the squad/team we should sign when we can and not when we are desperate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Once again its not just Diaz we have lost/will lose for free is it? Inconvenient to recall the others? Which club has done worse?

The thing is with the way investment signings such as Rhodes, BBD and Armstrong were financed, we never receive any cash from their sales so it doesn't matter if they go for free.

The only player who has been sold and funds reinvested has been Raya and that's it.

All these arguments about selling are valid in a normal club but for us it doesn't matter we don't see the funds.

Hopefully Greg and JDT can change this with the new signings we are making and we will become a trading club again.

• Like 1

Yeah regardless of how his rovers career started. The fact we spent SEVEN MILLION POUNDS on him should've been enough to make sure that he didn't leave on a free. Or that his contract could just be ran down. He should've been tied down well before entering the last year of his deal. With the one year option (which I know he originally had). Regardless of how he was playing or the form he was in. I think people get so hung up on how much we could've got or the fact he could leave on a free. This isn't like Lenihan, rothwell or nyambe were they came through the academy or cost only 500k. We invested a huge amount in signing this player. Only for him to leave on a free despite the bad start. It's absolute insanity. We aren't man city.

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The problems at Ewood are definitely down to the people that work there.

Sadly, if you under resource any organisation, and try to get by with the bare minimum, you end up having to cut corners. This is never fair on the people at the front end, customer facing, or behind the scenes battling the system imposed on them, rather than having enough (good) people to do the job properly. 

The people at Ewood don't own the club and can only run with what they are given. The people that own the club don't run it day to day (or season to season it would appear) other than to inject cash on a regular basis to prop it up.

I know none of us like the tune that has been playing continuously for so many year now, but we can't blame the monkey, when the organ grinder has gone awol on another continent.

Now, please can we have some news on signings?

7 hours ago, phili said:

The thing is with the way investment signings such as Rhodes, BBD and Armstrong were financed, we never receive any cash from their sales so it doesn't matter if they go for free.

It matters hugely as it affects our income which affects FFP which affects how much headroom we have to spend.

• Like 1