BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It is a semi valid point. Even if this lad isn't very good he's still likely to be considerably better than Gallagher. 

That's if he's picked. Our head coach seems to have a weird infatuation with SG.

Nah it's a nonsense point. Gallagher is basically an average Championship player. On his day he can cause problems with his attributes and score, on his bad days he couldn't trap a bag of cement. The league is littered with inconsistent players like him. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been told a new player couldn't be worse only for them to, indeed, be worse. I don't know what your bar for 'isn't very good' is. If you mean someone who isn't very good by Prem standards, sure, somebody like that could turn up and be considerably better than Gallagher. If you mean it by Championship standards, I'd say any such player will be similar or worse than Gallagher, and certainly not 'considerably' better. For someone to be 'considerably' better than him I'd say they need to be decent or fairly good for this level.

There's just so much hyperbole on here it can be hard to tell what people actually mean. I get that Gallagher is often a frustrating player to watch, but truthfully after a while we'd get just as fed up of the next guy if he 'isn't very good' either.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

If Ike Ugbo signs have we ever had a player with a shorter name (only counting those with at least a first and surname)

Jon Stead finally usurped???

Let's hope Ugbo has at least as good a 6-month spell.

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

morton was built up like another harvey elliot when he signed,it`s  turning out he`s not very good,thats why there are barbed comments,i don`t think he`s that much better than garrett or adam wharton,given the fact he`s supposed to be ahead of them in development it`s not acceptable,he`s not our player and he`s stopping the two of our players from gaining experience

I'm pretty sure that no-one from Ewood or Liverpool has ever built him up like another Harvey Elliott. Judging every loanee against Elliott is like judging every striker against Kane.

See my comment above as to why he's here & starting ahead of Morton. Wharton & Garrett both got their debuts in the EFL this season, Morton had played in the Prem & Champs League. He's  clearly further on in his development.

All this said, I would like to see us play Wharton played more this 2nd half of the season, so he can hit the ground running more next season.

47 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Shame to see some of the comments on Ugbo. Clearly a lot of the comments are being based off stats rather than people who follow Ligue 1. I watch a lot of ligue 1 being half French and support Lyon over there as my French team. Troyes is connected to Manchester City but Ugbo is very highly seen at the club and a player for the future to develop. The squad itself has not had an overly incredible season, the way the team plays doesn’t fit Ugbo strength either which the manager has admitted in the past. Ugbo has taken a similar path to football like Mavididi. Personally, he makes sense as a signing he is a powerful player who can hold the ball up well, and he knows how to header unlike Gallagher. Thomas will fit in perfectly into the this I actually think this is not a wow signing but a very sensible signing. 

The reason people are going off stats is because we need goals right now. Someone who can put the ball in the net, because our main guy for doing that is off form so we are relying almost solely on Dack. The only way to see that is with stats of goals records. Maybe he comes along and does a Gestede, or a Brereton Mk II, who knows, but we can't really get excited about something so hypothetical, as that happens less often than it doesn't. When you say he knows how to header, do you mean on anything like a Gestede level? As that, linking up with Thomas' crosses, could be a weapon. But since Shearer the only player I've seen for us who could header like Rudy was RSC. They're rare beasts in modern football.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Sharpe isn't convinced it is Ugbo.

"The Lancashire Telegraph has been told however that links to Troyes striker Ike Igbo are wide of the mark."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23283825.blackburn-rovers-need-work-clever-transfer-market---tomasson/

🤣🤣

Oh dear, built up by various posters like Mbappe or Messi and it might not be him after all!

All of J*B's and OTG's hours spent poring over the plane timetable potentially gone to waste as well. 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The fact that Gelhardt was one of our wanted options perhaps lends itself to the theory that our recruitment is a bit haphazard considering how different he is to Undav.

Don't agree there cos we don't know who are first choice targets were. @JoeHexplained how you would have a number of names on a list for a striker but its what you want. Gelhardt wasn't even available until recently when they signed a striker for 30 mil 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You think that Morton has warranted being essentially the first name on the team sheet? Ok.

I think Morton has deserved to start as many games as he has. Suits how we want to play and performed well overall. If you disagree fine but plenty of people agree with our different viewpoints

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yep, seems to be nonsense.

based on what? 

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some Over the top comments about Ike Ugbo on here without most of us even seeing much of him playing. He has scored goals in Belgium, Holland and France plus he was in Canada world cup squad and played minutes in the World cup for them. I just don't get why people are so negative about the potential signing. Players like Gestede didn't score much when he signed for Rovers to similar criticism on here if memory served me right. Neal Maupay's Ligue 1 scoring record was only 7 goals in 59 games before Brentford signed him. Look at the hit he was there before a move to PL club. 

I hope Ugbo is a permanent signing not a loan

But you don't get why people are so negative ever, in any scenario. Because your own reaction to any Rovers news is almost invariably to view it positively, whether it is or it isn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

But you don't get why people are so negative ever, in any scenario. Because your own reaction to any Rovers news is almost invariably to view it positively, whether it is or it isn't.

And what's my opinion on this potential signing? neutral cos I have no knowledge of him. How many of us having seen him play regular? 

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

🤣🤣

Oh dear, built up by various posters like Mbappe or Messi and it might not be him after all!

All of J*B's and OTG's hours spent poring over the plane timetable potentially gone to waste as well. 🙂

And all that time you spent researching him so that you could tell us he was no good has gone to waste as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't agree there cos we don't know who are first choice targets were. @JoeHexplained how you would have a number of names on a list for a striker but its what you want. Gelhardt wasn't even available until recently when they signed a striker for 30 mil 

I think Morton has deserved to start as many games as he has. Suits how we want to play and performed well overall. If you disagree fine but plenty of people agree with our different viewpoints

based on what? 

You would think that a well organised recruitment team would have a number of options all of the same style to fit the profile they want. Strange to have a big target man and more of a number 10 type on the same list.

• Like 2

It’s the same old transfer window at Venkys Blackburn Rovers. A string of failed targets, I’m not convinced any of the good rumoured are ever on the list, probably put out in the media to give the impression they’re doing something. Then as things get desperate folk are happy just to see a new face any new face.

I’m 99% sure they targeted hyam under the old regime who’s been the only decent addition over the summer with a range of totally useless for hirst and looking decent for brittain but never fit. So the new regime have a very iffy record with players bought in this window doesn’t look like changing anything positively. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Every chance Sharpe could be wrong as well tbf. It does happen. It’s silly season, owt could be happening…

But rest assured, as it’s Venky’s, whatever is happening, will be happening slowly, as they are terrible owners.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I completely disagree on your first point, and particularly on recent form. I’m not even talking about the glaring mistakes, his general play has been very poor for a while, and in certain games (Rotherham being a very recent example) he has been disgraceful. I think he’s had more games where he’s stood out as being poor than good.

Very harsh to lump Johnson in with that lot. We got a couple of good years out of him. For every Goodwillie there is a Graham, Best a Downing, Stokes a Conway, Brown an Ayala, and plenty in between.

Vale has a lot less good will than Wharton and hasn’t contributed to the same degree when he has had a chance, he’s also 4 years further on. I don’t think Wharton would make as many costly errors as Morton, but he has a poor game and he’s right back down the pecking order despite having shown more ability to control a game than any other option we have on occasion. I think Travis has a right to feel a bit aggrieved - he was rightly dropped for his poor performances, but a loanee retains his place when he’s becoming a liability. He’ll certainly think he deserves his chance again.

I didn't see Rotherham so can't specifically  comment, though it seems from what I've read that no-one covered themselves in glory there. I think he's the type of player though where a lot of his good work goes unseen whereas his errors are glaring.

Take your point re Johnson, but he certainly flattered to deceive more often than not & failed to live up to his promise. The others you mention, Graham & Conway I grant, but most will be happy see to let Ayala leave in 3 months as generally having been underwhelming, and Downing was as good in his first season as he was bad in his second.

Anyway  Wharton has been injured last few weeks, and with Buckley suspended there's been little option for JDT but to persist with him. As I've said elsewhere, hopefully the succession plan includes giving Wharton more game time 2nd half of the season.

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Who the hells are these supposed ITK’s contacts?? I’ve said after every fail that I wouldn’t fall for it again and you’ve caught us…again.

@J*B @unsall 

Tbf, Sharpe could very well be wrong. 

Sometimes it feels like he's the clubs mouthpiece, could very well be playing it down in an effort to keep it under the radar.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Tbf, Sharpe could very well be wrong. 

Sometimes it feels like he's the clubs mouthpiece, could very well be playing it down in an effort to keep it under the radar.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

As a journalist he’s got to be 100% certain before announcing somethings “wide of the mark” surley, no? 

Does anyone have an example where he’s wrote a report saying somethings not happened & it actually has?

Edited by BankEnd Rover