BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

41 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

So the FA have turned down Rovers registration for the 2 players, I wonder if they would turn down the red devils and the other hot shots registering a £50,000,000 player, probably not with the backhanders they would recieve. Players don't want to play for clubs like Rovers because it's the state the games in, money counts not football. Let's give it our best shot with what we've got, and finish in the top 6.

If the big boys were stupid enough not to sign the paperwork then I’m sure the outcome would be the same. Perhaps we’re the first and only club stupid enough to make these mistakes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My mum comes home from the hairdressers one day. She says - “ One of the girls in the shop would like a date with you “. I already a girl I was seeing off an on so I didn’t pay her much attention.

About a year later my mum and I are walking down the main street in town when I see this absolute stunner walking towards us. She was a girl I’d lusted after for ages but never had the courage to make a move.

She smiled at my mum and when she’d gone my mum said - “ That’s the girl who wanted a date with you ! “

I feel like we have blurred the line between hypothetical and actually real life?😂😂😂

Edited by BigBar

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He has to accept that though and mix it up more which i think to be fair he has recently, however we know how these guys work. Often revert to type very quickly.

I think a problem with modern managers is that they have their way of playing and expect the players at their disposal to adapt to this - I think this is the wrong way round because some players can do this but far more cannot. (Particularly the lower down the leagues you go)

I think you need to work out the best system(s) for the players you have and then this can be evolved as and when you sign the players that fit your desired system/style

Edited by wilsdenrover
Reworded bits
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

(if only for the distraction) We need to have a poll for the Top 10 biggest/stupidest mistakes of the Venky era!!

Only 10? - that will take some narrowing down.

We’d be close to 10 if we only looked at managerial appointments

Edited by wilsdenrover
Added second line
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

(if only for the distraction) We need to have a poll for the Top 10 biggest/stupidest mistakes of the Venky era!!

Great idea.

Someone might pick say 20..and make 5 banners, listing four in each...Sky TV coming lol

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s what happens when you wait 14 years to make your first contributions! (only been a reader until today)

Keep that Gallows Humour coming - I have a feeling we are going to need lots of it over the coming weeks. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If the O'Brien deal had gone ahead were Rovers covering his full Forest PL level wages?

I have it in mind that I read that somewhere but it may just be hallucitory due to sleep deprivation.

I read that somewhere too.

Just ignoring the ridiculous, patronising content for a moment here, but that 'Club Statement' is offensive on a grammatical level, and it's stunning that's what they produced to break their silence.

Reads like a first draft, but then they just thought fuck it lets get out of here and hit publish.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I read that somewhere too.

I just did a Google. It shows him on 65k per week......

I think I'll wait for confirmation that the proposed deal included us paying the full wages before commenting more on that ..........

Maybe Alan Nixon will know.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

In no particular order:

1 hiring king rat and not sacking him

2 employing Jerome Anderson

3 signing above son 

4 driving out Williams, Finn and Goodman

5 hiring shelf boy

6 promoting Agnew beyond his abilities of programme dogs body

7 hiring swag

8 trying to turn the academy into housing

9 the chicken advert

10 running down the contract of a player of value

11 not strengthening jan 2022

12 amassing £250 million debt

13 forgetting to sign a players contract

14 sacking fat Sam

15 allowing the stadium to become almost derelict

16 Ronaldinho bullshit

17 hiring hunt

Just off the top of my head and a couple of mins typing. I bet there’s 50 stupid things. 

forgot this one the annual fiasco with season tickets/ ticket prices. Must be in any top 5. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Not having a pop but a decent striker would have made a successful window.  Also ur point about technicalities.  It's only a technicalitiy if it's some minor blip not some major clusterfuck

I didn't mean to minimise the error,this would have been a fantastic signing,to lose it on a clerical cock up is a real shame for the recruitment team. 

I wasn't as hung up on signing a forward, I could have seen OBrien and Thomas getting the team ticking. They scored plenty last season, and with Dack firing again, I doubt we could have improved on what we have with no money to spend. 

It's Tomasson's remit to work with what we have and we've at least 5 forwards on the books. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In no particular order:

3 signing above son 

5 hiring shelf boy

7 hiring swag

9 the chicken advert

14 sacking fat Sam

16 Ronaldinho bullshit

17 hiring hunt

Just off the top of my head and a couple of mins typing. I bet there’s 50 stupid things. 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I think It's time for another protest gav but how many have the balls for it unlike last time

It’s set up nicely for a protest, as the next game is on Sky. Maybe some sort of fan lead protest, such as everyone wearing bright orange or empty the ground at 40 mins, by all heading my for the concourse. Sky being told what it’s all about, so that the commentary team announce I and shame the culprits 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

In no particular order:

3 signing above son 

5 hiring shelf boy

7 hiring swag

9 the chicken advert

14 sacking fat Sam

16 Ronaldinho bullshit

17 hiring hunt

For this weekend's Art homework. Get your felt pens and crayons and make banners on the theme of "Sins of the Raos"..

We can mark them at home, watching TV on Monday evening

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rock steady said:

Just ignoring the ridiculous, patronising content for a moment here, but that 'Club Statement' is offensive on a grammatical level, and it's stunning that's what they produced to break their silence.

Reads like a first draft, but then they just thought fuck it lets get out of here and hit publish.

For a club of our stature, it's staggeringly amateur.

You can picture GB sat at home / wherever he is, head in hands and rocking back and forth after the last couple of days.

Made me wonder if it was Silvester, in an attempt to save his own skin (and, somehow, making a cock up of that as well)...