BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

JDT seemed quite subdued compared to his usual self. He didn't seem to be joking to me - at least not in his usual light-hearted way. Just my take on it. Here is the video (as well as Atkins' review of the game). The bit is right towards the end of the JDT interview.

https://twitter.com/BBCLancsSport/status/1617122143703031811?s=2

Thought JDT looked angrier and more pissed off on the sidelines yesterday too, which is good to see.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t take Geldhart simply because Leeds forced us to pay 20K / week towards that bum right winger they gave us last season despite him being injured and rehabbing at Leeds. They’ve got a high esteem issue over at Leeds, I’d much rather work with Brighton. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, goozburger said:

JDT is not impressed with the speed of the recruitment at Rovers if his post-match press conference is anything to go by. He seems quite dejected. When asked if he thinks it'll go down to 31st January to get business done: "Yeah, but not 2024, huh? Hmm... Not 2024. Hopefully this year." Without the usual joking and laughing he sometimes does after saying such things.

Will JDT tolerate this every window while we're still in this league?

That works both ways , will the fans and possibly the club , tolerate the dire football , served up by JDT ?

Cos it's bloody awful , week in week out .Don't forget Hirst was number 1 target ..

Edited by Waggy76

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Is JDT gaslighting the recruitment team by publicly stating that we've bid for Porteous? I have this overriding feeling that it won't happen. If a bid has been accepted then Porteous and his representatives are stalling for other suitors. If a club like Watford come in, I don't think we can compete on wages.

Lots of sources claiming the move to Watford/Udinese will be completed after today’s game, 

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So looks like we have missed out on undav aswell as Porteous, few mumblings from baggie fans he's agreed a deal to go there 

Not seen that anywhere? Got any screenshots?

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So looks like we have missed out on undav aswell as Porteous, few mumblings from baggie fans he's agreed a deal to go there 

I'd probably wait till players are signed rather than listen to other team's fans who have as much of a clue about where players are going as we do 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

He has no option, the squad is cut to the bone and many of those  young players are not ready for Championship football.

Bollocks Gav. Have you actually listened to the Gregg Broughton podcast where he talks about a squad 22 players with 6 up and  coming players training with the squad but Phillips and Adam Wharton played more football in the opening weeks and became part of that 22 man squad? 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Unbelievable we haven't made a single signing yet - other clubs have.

Good players who would improve our starting line up only become available in the last couple of weeks of the window after their club sign a player. Who have we really missed out that would improve us in this window? very few players. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

IMO, the whole management structure needs feckin sacking.

People like you saying the management structure needs sacking is baffling and tbh I do wonder what type of people skills you had given you said you used to managed people in your line of work

47 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Porteus playing for Hibs this afternoon v Hearts

I would guess any move isn't set in stone yet and he will decide which club he will join after this game. Problem is what happens if he pick up an injury which keep him out for period of time would put teams off the deal and meaning Hibs get nothing

Fully agree on just because a few fans saying it dosnt make it true but this is rovers, i always think the worst haha wouldn't surprise me if we did miss out on targets again 

As for screenshots how would I do that? Take them with my phone and upload attschment?  Il go look for the tweet and posts after the arsenal game and take screenshots

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would guess any move isn't set in stone yet and he will decide which club he will join after this game. Problem is what happens if he pick up an injury which keep him out for period of time would put teams off the deal and meaning Hibs get nothing

Unless Porteous is playing a risky game of hoping to have a blinder and give himself an extra strong card at the negotiating table.

Hibs 1-down, largely because Porteous failed to win his header. Watford can have him. 🙂

If Porteous goes to Watford over Rovers then that's a big statement about the quality of players who Gregg and co can bring in, and how we've fallen as a club.

If the club really wanted him they'd have gone and got him. They won't pay the money and we'll end up rushing to sign a shit alternative on the cheap.

Then everyone will blame the manager for losing/drawing/talking about projects.

Same happened in the Summer. Ended up with Hirst, Szmodics and Mola when I'd imagine our first choice was a much higher calibre of player.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

The one big positive is jdt is giving youngsters  chance unlike Mowbray 

Absolue rubbish.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we can't sell BBD if he has agreed a pre contract can we? 

Given that he is playing for Hibs today would suggested he hasn't decide anything yet and why would that buying club allow him to play for Hibs today if terms were agreed?

Its seems that we had our bid accept and we had Porteous for talks. JDT was talking about him at Thursday press conference which is strange for him to talk so openness about a signing. 

No, we have left it too late. We should have sold him in the summer.

If he has agreed with Villarreal, they are letting Danjuma and maybe Jackson go so I would try and negotiate an early release for a fee.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, booth said:

If Porteous goes to Watford over Rovers then that's a big statement about the quality of players who Gregg and co can bring in, and how we've fallen as a club.

If the club really wanted him they'd have gone and got him. They won't pay the money and we'll end up rushing to sign a shit alternative on the cheap.

Then everyone will blame the manager for losing/drawing/talking about projects.

Same happened in the Summer. Ended up with Hirst, Szmodics and Mola when I'd imagine our first choice was a much higher calibre of player.

Unfair to lump Szmodics in with the other two. He has 3 goals and an assist in an injury plagued season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J*B said:

All comes down to income and that’s Waggott’s department, not Broughtons. 

Not enough home fans because the pricing is unaffordable. 

I'm not defending him because I can't stand him either, but didn't he say ST receipts were highest since we got relegated? That's his remit achieved.