BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

15 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I really hope JDT gives it the whole "do you know who I've played for, do you know about my career" etc etc and now having to deal with people like Steve Fucking Waggott. 

It wouldn't surprise me if press warned not to cover window due to appeal (bollocks reason)  and told not to ask those questions. Its very common at rovers to do this

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That remains to be seen. Admitting your mistakes is one step. Not repeating them is another. Time will tell if Broughton is being sincere.

That said, he's got far more money in the bank than Waggott as far as I'm concerned.

Not in the literal sense though I shouldn't think...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Agreed. Steve will be ushered into a slightly earlier retirement and Ian will be asked to resign.

It might almost be worth the whole debacle if this were the outcome...until you remember they'll just be replaced with another couple of shady shysters.

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

GB: "The process this year was no different to how the club has always done it for the last 10 years. We followed that process absolutely to the letter, ultimately its been shown that the process hasn't been good enough."

No shit. Been polishing the same turd for over a decade. You're supposed to be here to make a fucking difference/improvement, not just follow in the footsteps and rely on the methods of previous useless idiots.

Broughton Out.

Ps. This website is borderline unusable on a Samsung Mobile. 

I had the same problem. Forget Samsung Internet and log in using Google Chrome.

6 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

In his pre match presser, JDT is his usual self, no signs of suggested toxicity.

He talks of frustrations and disappointment, says it's "not great but not a complete waste."

He says we need to stick together.

And just to add, he clearly states he believes in his current squad and although there's been a missed opportunity, the whole club needs to stick together for the rest of the season.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Also, could this work in Broughton's favour if behind the scenes he says those he isn't responsible for fecked this up and they get potted.

If anything, this whole sorry saga might just trigger supporters turning on Waggott. One or two on here have already said that's misguided, but when you step out of the box and look at how he continually winds this club down for the sake of a short term balance sheet, I don't really care. It's about time Waggott felt some heat.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Notice how Gregg goes into great detail about the planning for the window, did he say 6 weeks they were talking to the agents of O'brien? 

Make it out that the planning was impeccable then pull the wool over people's eyes so they think it was just unlucky we missed out. 

Get fucked honestly, some of us have a brain cell or 2 🤣

x1000.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nope they were having a meal in Manchester until 9pm.  Ethan Brierly left Manchester at 8.30pm, the others a bit later..  doesn't leave much time to sort out.

Broughton Out.

That is negligence, what about getting the deal sorted and then getting some tea, FFS 😡

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

And just to add, he clearly states he believes in his current squad and although there's been a missed opportunity, the whole club needs to stick together for the rest of the season.

Another good leader steps up.

I’m beginning to see the beginnings of a silver lining coming from this, maybe even a turning point. And who knows, O’Brien might’ve done an Ardilles and got crocked straight away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

I hope so. Does Broughton have a line to the owners without SW being involved? I agree with @Tugay Et Labore, Broughton has always behaved professionally. 

Idiots online and on here calling for GB's head are shameful, some of the comments are childish at best. We get rid of him, and we're still left with the same shite backroom staff. He had the balls to front up about it, you can tell he's furious - he left a simple admin job to the staff and they fucked up. And anyway, who do you get in as a magic replacement, as if a new DoF is suddenly going to procure 4-5 signings per window of quality players and solve all the issues with the owners.

People calling the "project" - of course it's a fucking project, due to FFP we can't sign anyone and we have to develop our own lads and make the odd shrewd signing. I get it we're used to the classy operation of John Williams - but GB at least is trying to sort the club out on the footballing side. I get the criticism of Hirst, but GB didn't miss that penalty against Cardiff did he? Imagine if Hirst had put that in, who knows.

For me, the main thing he is guilty of is underestimating the level of competence of those already at the club. The other thing is perhaps panicking and pushing the boat out for O'Brien which seems to be at odds with anything they've said before with regard to "the project", but the chance arose and they went for it, so I don't blame them for taking the opportunity to get a class CM into the club. 

I’m certain you mean overestimating… 

11 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

A final point, Gregg understands BBD has not signed a contract at Villareal.

I suppose there's an outside chance where everything is agreed with Villarreal but he's waiting to see if promotion is on the cards before actually signing the contract (it isn't)

Edited by AspRover

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

That is negligence, what about getting the deal sorted and then getting some tea, FFS 😡

No it ain't - the DoF should be able to trust his staff to fill a form in FFS - like I've said he'll have overestimated the ability of the club. You could argue GB taking a young player out for a meal as part of the welcome to the club a really good thing, that's part of his job, not doing basic admin tasks.

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

And yet he followed it.

The worry is how reactionary Broughton is to all of this. Common sense would tell you to get your skates on throughout deadline day in case anything goes wrong. From telling Forest to pull O'Brien out of his training RIGHT NOW if they want this to happen, to foregoing VIP treatment in Manchester and saving it until later, the process seems ridiculously relaxed.

I'm half-hoping the EFL don't overturn their decision because it would at least mean justice is served. The only hope Rovers have is to state the adverse effects this has on the two players. I doubt that is going to wash.

I think it's understandable to a degree for Broughton to be reactionary. He's new in the role, let alone at the club, so it was probably always sensible to go through the club's processes for now until he was fully used to the role and had at least a year of experience to accurately identify shortcomings in the process. If he came in thinking he knew better as a rookie DoF and fucked it up, that'd be worse I think. And yes, this is also a reason it would have been far preferable to appoint an experienced DoF and not a rookie to the role, for a club of our stature. Recruitment has been let's say flawed for years, we needed somebody who knew exactly how to fix it, with a proven track record.

That said, there is such thing as initiative, and as you rightly say, one of my first instincts when watching the interview was 'why the fuck did O'Brien finish his training at Forest?'. As soon as he said it that was my reaction. If he isn't going to play with them for 6 months he doesn't need to train with them. Pull him out of the training as time is of the essence on deadline day. Forest should have been pulling him aside anyway, but if I were Broughton I would have definitely been asking them to take him out of training. Perhaps another sign of him being a rookie, not being sure if it was his place to tell the big Prem club what to do.

12 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Another good leader steps up.

I’m beginning to see the beginnings of a silver lining coming from this, maybe even a turning point. And who knows, O’Brien might’ve done an Ardilles and got crocked straight away.

Christ, do you take valium or does your body naturally produce it?

• Like 2