BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

45 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Nixon has apparently reported that the fee we were paying for Brierley was £80k. No wonder Broughton said "every penny counts for Rochdale"!

Decent fee for a League Two club that. Highest fee paid this window for a L2 player was only just above that

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

I quote, word for word:

"Obviously Lewis had only just been told by Nottingham Forest, so I had to make sure he was OK, we'll make sure he'd had food, all of the stuff you needed to do to look after him, and then we left Manchester..."

They f*cked around in Manchester for too long, didn't they? 🤦‍♂️

Surely they could have bought him a meal deal from a M & S outlet of a cheese and ham sandwich, packet of cheese and onion crisps and bottle of Iron Brew for £4.95 and eat it in the car on the way back to Blackburn.

It would save on expenses if nothing else.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

That is negligence, what about getting the deal sorted and then getting some tea, FFS 😡

Greggy grandstanding with the Premier league boys....probably forgot about the nitty-gritty paperwork.  Schoolboy error and a stackable offence.  I expect Tesco will be rubbing his hands together and having a nice cuppa and a slice of the old drizzle....

• Like 2

Exactly. A club like Forest with their transfer activity can't be throwing stones! I don't know which forum member said this but it summed it up superbly for me:

“We've battled to the 5th Round of the FA Cup which, so far, has been worth £333k in prize money for us which isn't an insignificant sum. It's just over a month's salary for a player Forest deem surplus to requirements 6 months after spending £9m acquiring him.”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Get a chant going 🙄

It's a sack-able offence, Joe. Strictly speaking, both Waggott and Broughton should go because the system at-large didn't work and it's their responsibility between them.

Broughton says that they used the same procedures they've always used. So who made those procedures? And why has neither Waggott nor Broughton reviewed them and tightened them up? What has Waggott been doing these last five years to make the signing process watertight? Broughton didn't arrive at the club just yesterday. He's already been through a transfer window and had six months to understand the club's operations.

Hell, this isn't even about procedure. Broughton's interview smells to me as though urgency and common sense took a back seat to complacency.

This window could cost Rovers tens of millions when we're looking at players of the quality of O'Brien that have the ability to help us to promotion. I believe Gregg's version of events, and while it shows some honesty, it also shows incompetence. That is unacceptable, and he's now on thin ice for me.

It's wholly amateurish at the end of the day. I'm now unconvinced by Broughton, but Waggott's card has been marked for years. I would at least hope the latter will get the boot. Broughton is extremely lucky to be employed by Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

That is negligence, what about getting the deal sorted and then getting some tea, FFS 😡

Don't listen to Sparks. He didn't say they were 'having a meal', he said 'we wanted to make sure he was okay and had had some food'. Whilst those might technically be defined as the same thing, there is a large difference in inference. I took it as they brought him some butties or a pizza or something, probably whilst waiting on something else, rather than they went and had a nice cosy meal on Curry Mile. I'd be astonished (and annoyed) if it were the latter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Surely they could have bought him a meal deal from a M & S outlet of a cheese and ham sandwich, packet of cheese and onion crisps and bottle of Iron Brew for £4.95 and eat it in the car on the way back to Blackburn.

It would save on expenses if nothing else.

I should think that's exactly the sort of thing they did. Nothing in the quote says or implies otherwise.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Don't listen to Sparks. He didn't say they were 'having a meal', he said 'we wanted to make sure he was okay and had had some food'. Whilst those might technically be defined as the same thing, there is a large difference in inference. I took it as they brought him some butties or a pizza or something, probably whilst waiting on something else, rather than they went and had a nice cosy meal on Curry Mile. I'd be astonished (and annoyed) if it were the latter.

Then you are niave. 

Bought a millionaire Premier league footballer some butties🤣🤣  

Must have been a big Butty from lunchtime to 8.30pm....do subway have a 15 footer on the menu?

Probs Greggy was pissed up too, been on the sauce all day

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

A final point, Gregg understands BBD has not signed a contract at Villareal.

Interesting. Take whatever we were paying for 6 months of O'Brien and slap it on top of BBD's contract offer. Unlikely to make any difference but might as well try.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

“Really frustrating. Lewis is a player we like and a player who works very hard, and he’s a good guy,” Cooper said.

Didn't like him that much did they.

Shipping him out 6 months after signing him for £9m, but they like him and they'll treat him like a professional, apparently.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Once you make the decision for our player, you expect it to be respected by other parties. Let’s just say, I hope we treat our players better."

A damning indictment on our club from one of the game's professionals. In a nutshell, the people at Rovers didn't know what they were doing. This club needs a huge rinse out because too many are still in their comfort zones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Then you are niave. 

Must have been a big Butty from lunchtime to 8.30pm....do subway have a 15 footer on the menu?

Why are you on such a wind-up?

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I know we’ve let him down, but haven’t they done the same by trying to ship him out only six months after signing him?

And cocked about all transfer window trying to get clauses in contracts where they can make a profit for doing absolutely sod all with a player for a year.

Not absolving our lot of their incompetence. 

But if Forest really wanted to do what was best for the player, they could have offered more favourable terms to Championship clubs earlier in the month. He would have been snapped up quickly, no doubt. They're at fault too. Not interested in any whining from them, no matter how sorry I actually feel for the player. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Then you are niave. 

And I think you're reading into it what you want to. Why would anybody, and I do mean anybody, be stupid enough to go and have a sitdown meal a couple of hours before the deadline when they still need to travel? Extremely unlikely it was something like that.

Eating from lunchtime to 8.30pm? Wtf are you talking about? He was in Nottingham at lunchtime...they only got the memo that the wanted to join us at 1.30/2pm. Then obviously he had to travel to Manchester, and do a medical. Stop making things up. He made a passing reference to making sure the lad had some food in his belly, you're trumping it up into something it's very unlikely to be. The whole process has been enough of a fuckup, there isn't any need to fabricate things in order to criticise it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Then you are niave. 

Are you for real? 

Just now, goozburger said:

"Once you make the decision for our player, you expect it to be respected by other parties. Let’s just say, I hope we treat our players better."

A damning indictment on our club from one of the game's professionals. In a nutshell, the people at Rovers didn't know what they were doing. This club needs a huge rinse out because too many are still in their comfort zones.

Forest have no room to talk. 

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

I’m not defending us but you can’t sign 29 players in six months and be respecting them all at the same time.

You must be signing some of them with little intention of playing them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And I think you're reading into it what you want to. Why would anybody, and I do mean anybody, be stupid enough to go and have a sitdown meal a couple of hours before the deadline when they still need to travel? Extremely unlikely it was something like that.

Eating from lunchtime to 8.30pm? Wtf are you talking about? He was in Nottingham at lunchtime...they only got the memo that the wanted to join us at 1.30/2pm. Then obviously he had to travel to Manchester, and do a medical. Stop making things up. He made a passing reference to making sure the lad had some food in his belly, you're trumping it up into something it's very unlikely to be. The whole process has been enough of a fuckup, there isn't any need to fabricate things in order to criticise it.

It's obvious they've spent too long having something to eat or he wouldn't have mentioned it.  My opinion 

3 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

1) GB takes full and sole responsibility.

2) Brierley to be completed in the summer with an agreement in place with Rochdale

What a load of absolute and utter bollux.

"Takes full responsibility" - but doesn't walk I notice.

"What went wrong" - "I can't tell you"

"What do you think the chances of winning an appeal are?" "Not very good" (but we're doing it anyway because we're the good guys in this scenario)

FUCK OFF!!!!  Christ they're even trying to take the moral high ground and extract some credit out of the entire debacle. The most hollow of hollow apologies after the furore caused by the original Club Statement was so great that it must have dawned on even those knobheads that they had to try and do something. There wasn't a hint of contrition before everyone kicked off!

Absolutely clear listening to that that no heads whatsoever will roll unless there's a very token sacrifice much lower down the food chain. They're collectively trying to save their arses and highly paid jobs.  I wouldn't mind betting that they've drawn straws over who's going to front it upand  he's been assured his job won't be in jeopardy if he goes out and pretends to take responsibility. They're obviously hoping that by coming out with this late apology of sorts the whole thing will quickly blow over and then it'll be back to business as "normal". (For us)

Funny how this "process" he keeps referring  to, and hinting was at fault, and which by his own admission has been in place ten years, has never let us down previously on transfer deadline day isn't it? And an outward transaction also went through without a hitch on the same evening. Funny that!

Having listened to that I'm more convinced than ever that Broughton needs extracting from the Club as urgently as Waggott.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

And cocked about all transfer window trying to get clauses in contracts where they can make a profit for doing absolutely sod all with a player for a year.

Not absolving our lot of their incompetence. 

But if Forest really wanted to do what was best for the player, they could have offered more favourable terms to Championship clubs earlier in the month. He would have been snapped up quickly, no doubt. They're at fault too. Not interested in any whining from them, no matter how sorry I actually feel for the player. 

and possibly giving him more than 13 games (some from the bench) to prove his worth to you before trying to get shot of him.

Edited by wilsdenrover

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Yep, sounds pretty pissed off at us, and he's right to be. That said, I think he's foolish to assert it isn't their fault whatsoever. It's at least 90% ours, probably more like 95% or more, but why would you keep your player in training when an offer has come in on deadline day that he needs to decide on, and travel, do a medical and sign forms?

• Like 1