BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They've not been particularly good in an attacking sense because JDT has set the team up to nullify them... and it's worked.

Up till the two saves Kaminski has had to make. He won't keep saving them for 90+ minutes. They've got Tella to bring on yet.

What was Travis doing to concede that free kick?!

We've no midfield, no width, we haven't passed the ball well, slow on the counter. I can't see us getting anything out of this. We've been set up to defend a point and hope for a lucky bounce/counter.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

Adam Wharton has to be injured. Coming off at half time at West Ham and now not even in the squad. Speculation but seems the wrong call to have played at West Ham. No way Garrett would be selected ahead of him, if he selected no youngsters for this game you could justify it but he has and Wharton has featured far more than Mola and Garrett so he clearly favours him and rates him..like us all.

• Like 1

As much as you'll take 0-0 at half time, we need to do better. Suicidal play at times sprinkled in with good solid defending and daftness.

They are not in Fulham 2021-2022 quality. Burnley 100% should have a penalty and a worldie save from Kaminski - all brought on by brainless foul on Travis. Brereton WAS fouled, but you never get those.

Garrett and Morten struggling. Front 2 look capable, someone needs to realise direct football is how you beat these bastards.

Benson currently playing like Reda Khadra is helping us here.

Can we survive, will we improve?

Edited by Angry_Pirate

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

They've literally crafted one chance from a free kick in 45 mins... how much better do you want the plan to work?!

Would be nice to have a shot mate. You can't win the game without having at least one. Keep in mind we're 3rd in the table, not 23rd. 

Positives

We have worked hard and kept them at bay by and large

Kaminski

It's 0-0

Negatives

We are offering nothing going forwards

We need more.l of the ball to take some of the pressure off. 

I can see why he went for the first ram he did but I think getting Pickering on and Hedges forward may help us a lot and give us better balance without losing too much defensively. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We've had absolutely nothing from this ref.

Blatant foul (and a red card) for a penalty on Brereton not given... then books Travis for less than Barnes did?

Give over.

Stopped us taking a quick throw when looking like breaking and we still took it from the same position...🤷‍♂️ guys a dickslap

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Adam Wharton has to be injured. Coming off at half time at West Ham and now not even in the squad. Speculation but seems the wrong call to have played at West Ham. No way Garrett would be selected ahead of him, if he selected no youngsters for this game you could justify it but he has and Wharton has featured far more than Mola and Garrett so he clearly favours him and rates him..like us all.

Garrett is thought of as a class defender. JDT clearly going into this with a defend for 90 min mentality. 

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Up till the two saves Kaminski has had to make. He won't keep saving them for 90+ minutes. They've got Tella to bring on yet.

What was Travis doing to concede that free kick?!

We've no midfield, no width, we haven't passed the ball well, slow on the counter. I can't see us getting anything out of this. We've been set up to defend a point and hope for a lucky bounce/counter.

If we get a point booth its a good result from what Im witnessing!

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Does David Dunn not know we are called Rovers, never Blackburn? 

Not the sharpest tool in the shed either is he? Some of his punditry here is cringeworthy.

When asked about what the game meant he said 'it's full of rivalry'. What the hell does that even mean?

Probably not the popular opinion, but I think this was more than ok. We're away from home to a recently relegated PL team, our bitter rivals and probably a better squad. Give me 0-0 away and 1-0 at home and I'm more than pleased!

Still think we can nick this one though. Think we have better finishing qualities up top. Give Brereton-Diaz one real chance and he'll score. Seems up for it.

• Like 4

I seem to be in a minority of one but Garrett didn’t stand out as our worst player for me. I’m disappointed in how little involvement hedges and brittain have had, I think hedges touched the ball once in that first half. BBD showing some flashes, Gallagher apart from the early chance has been mostly anonymous. 

We definitely came into the game more towards the end, I think because Burnley committed to a more direct passage of play which gave us good chances on the counter. 

Overall not too disappointed, we’re playing a better team at their place. Could easily improve things by slowing the game down and getting it wide to stretch Burnley. Our passing has been very poor, I think because we’re trying to pass through the middle and it’s just not working against the Burnley press. Would Hedges and Brittain perform better on their natural sides? Could Dack bring some unpredictability and magic to the midfield battle in place of Travis or Garrett? A yellow at this stage is a ticking time bomb for Travis, agree with those disappointed in him for picking one up. 

Hyam has been very good when called upon - physical and aggressive, and positionslly aware. Kaminski is basically the reason we are not at least one down, two incredible reaction saves. 

Burnley definitely have the advantage but I don’t think we’ve been awful. Our play has been lacking in a creative sense but we’ve been solid. I think we’ll see a bit more from Rovers in the second half and I’d settle for a draw right now. 

• Like 1