BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

10 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Rich Eisen an NFL commentator has a feature called ''Overreaction Monday'' where they discuss the weekends actions and you hear bold claims, both ways positive and negative. The comments from some fans I feel are born out of the frustratingly poor performance against our local rivals (who also happen to be the best team in the league at this moment in time).

JDT out? JDT written warning? JDT on a par with Mowbray?

3rd in the league, a point off second, five clear of seventh. Youngsters blooded, contracts signed (albeit not by BBD, but thats not going to happen without promotion), six wins in a row at Ewood, more points than at this stage last season.

Lets try and keep some prespective. Yesterday was very disappointing and lessons MUST be learned, but its been a very good start to the 2022/23 campaign. Nearly halfway through the season, we've given ourselves a real shot at a playoff spot, maybe even more.

Take the banter/stick today, lets move on. Trust the process.

Despite the league position he blotted his copybook with some massive blunders yesterday. Difficult to ignore such dumb errors.

• Like 1

Hand on heart don't mind losing when we put up a good fight, yesterday we didn't even lay a glove on them.

Just felt like a weird set up from the off and at no point felt like we were fighting in a Derby.

Are we good enough to sustain a play off push only time will tell, but we certainly need some more grit in the middle of the park. 

Edited by Rover_in_the_South
  • Like 3

Just another game for JDT. The agenda is elsewhere. Make young players attractive to higher clubs for money –every team by and large now uses the ubiquitous blueprint of passing out from the back.

All starts with the Venkys. We all know this. £1.75m spent on incoming or thereabouts and it shows. The squad is midtable at best imo and frankly I’ve been amazed at our league position. Burnley -2 good wingers (among others) beyond anything we have, £4 mill apiece. Just look at the midfield we had on the pitch. Yes they may develop (well not so sure about Travis) but not ready for a Derby like this yet. So heavily reliant on Diaz for something to happen-better hope that if he goes, we get the cash to spend on player and the choices –for once-are wise.  Back room staff still in place, players not hearing anything new.  3 good players leaving for nowt etc etc. Who does the buying and scouting? Not easy but one wonders.

We know all this above. And yet, surely, for any given game, we can be adaptable in shape and method, play the right players in the right positions (Whartons/Pickering and so on). Once we went behind, nothing changed really –the same dour, ineffectual passing, hoping Diaz might pull something out of the bag. Even the set pieces (Morton for a player from a top club is woeful here) promised little –and they can be a lifesaver even if you are playing poorly.

JDT has little to work with really but could be achieving more (edit -yesterday that is before anyonoe cites league position). Seems the ‘project’ is all about development and doing just enough to placate fans and find one jewel to sell on –just another Mowbray but with a more smiling face. Some more passion yesterday would have helped.

I know it’s not easy to contain emotion when we looked so abject but I’m afraid you are not part of the agenda - so long as things are ticking along, nobody is causing a revolution, no bad publicity is laid at the door of the V’s and middle management survive, all is hunky dory. And we unearth a Diaz every so often. J

Edited by aletheia
being more specific about yesterday
  • Like 3

Birnleh have a better squad. Burnleh were at home in front of their baying fans. Burnlee have a massive chip on their collective shoulders from all those years in our shadow (they still haven't won anything in recent times or even in not so recent ones).

Birnlee were up for a scrap. 

Rovers were out for a Sunday stroll as if it didn't matter what the result was.

It hurts much more than it should and we all know why. We are Blackburn Rovers, and we expect those who pull on the famous Blue and White shirts to feel some responsibility towards us and not lie down meekly and surrender when the going gets a bit tough.

Buhnlee got it right on the day. Rovers as a team, sadly, got it all wrong.

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

Well they had the two headers and there Barnes chance that went into the side netting. Plus they had all of the play in our half and were making us defend. I'd hardly say untroubled. The general consensus at half time was change things or it was only a matter of time before they scored. And that was correct.

And when they scored we didn't change a thing other than personnel. We carried on with the same side-ways passing at the back and kept giving the ball away. 

I don't get why we are set up to just defend, defend, defend anyway. As I said, every team which has gone to Burnley this year has managed significantly more goal attempts than we did, including Shrewsbury and Lincoln. 

That is indeed a worry for you because neither of those two clubs has played at Turf Moor this season 🤷‍♂️

57 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Birnleh have a better squad. Burnleh were at home in front of their baying fans. Burnlee have a massive chip on their collective shoulders from all those years in our shadow (they still haven't won anything in recent times or even in not so recent ones).

Birnlee were up for a scrap. 

Rovers were out for a Sunday stroll as if it didn't matter what the result was.

It hurts much more than it should and we all know why. We are Blackburn Rovers, and we expect those who pull on the famous Blue and White shirts to feel some responsibility towards us and not lie down meekly and surrender when the going gets a bit tough.

Buhnlee got it right on the day. Rovers as a team, sadly, got it all wrong.

Burnley won the play-offs in 2009 .. Promotion in 2014 and were Champions in 2016 .. meanwhile Rovers have yet to finish in a play-off position since relegation in 2012.  If I were you I’d be more concerned with that than whether your neighbours have chips on their shoulders 😉… PNE next enjoy 😂

6 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Burnley won the play-offs in 2009 .. Promotion in 2014 and were Champions in 2016 .. meanwhile Rovers have yet to finish in a play-off position since relegation in 2012.  If I were you I’d be more concerned with that than whether your neighbours have chips on their shoulders 😉… PNE next enjoy 😂

You be must forgetting the time we came second to back into this league. Not a play off position though is it ? Am I teaching you some history ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Alan Pace spent any of his own money yet?

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How do you think that will go down with the poor bastards who are having to decide wether to put food on the table or put the heating on or maybe treat their kids to a trip to Ewood over Xmas ? I was thinking of taking my grandson to a game. It can wait now.

99% of footballers not at the World Cup and on a break will be on holiday now as we speak. It is what it is unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, blondie said:

Same points as last season at 21 game mark.

Position higher.

Goals scored 11 less.

Goals conceded 5 less.

Not quite the best in years.

We were a better team and a far more entertaining team last year - exactly the same points and a better goal difference (even including the 7-0 Fulham drubbing)

We’ve won 2 more but lost 4 more.

Will still continuously hear the “But we’re 3rd in the league, nobody expected that” 

As predicted the "3rd in the league" mantra has been widely adopted and will gain more traction during the period no Championship football is played.

It will be used as the main defence against any criticism, real or perceived.

Thing is it is currently true and it's adherents will naturally give no attention to the quality in the league, our overall match performances or our high number of losses.

The fact that we actually can play so poorly so often and still be 3rd should send warning signals but ignored by some.

We also do sometimes look very good and these highs and lows in performance levels are down to tactics, formation changes and what is becoming a tombola like team selection process and that is down to the manager and his assistant, the one who sits by the side of JDT as still as a sitting statue.

We will find out over time if our current playoff position can be maintained or if the better financed teams who have started this season below par can get their act together.

None of the above is any excuse for the Turd Moor Disaster which lies at the door of team management and the brainwashed posing as Rovers players 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

99% of footballers not at the World Cup and on a break will be on holiday now as we speak. It is what it is unfortunately. 

Fine with them going on holiday, but they've just been part of the worst result against our bitter rivals since the 60s - I wouldn't be posting on social media for weeks if I was them, never mind the next day.

22 minutes ago, superniko said:

We were a better team and a far more entertaining team last year - exactly the same points and a better goal difference (even including the 7-0 Fulham drubbing)

We’ve won 2 more but lost 4 more.

Will still continuously hear the “But we’re 3rd in the league, nobody expected that” 

Did you expect to be in third?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Oik

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You be must forgetting the time we came second to back into this league. Not a play off position though is it ? Am I teaching you some history ?

Never forget that Burnley history teachers are the most bitter history teachers 😉

D8ARrrkXYAEmjhv.thumb.jpg.3f6e16429ba1b0ea109b0f7ff649092f.jpg

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Did you expect to be in third?

Nope and I didn’t at this stage last season either, but it’s a meaningless point to me. Variance is huge in this league (as we see every year team A drops off or team B comes from nowhere - eg Ourselves, West Brom and Forest last year)  

We’re in a false position right now as highlighted by every stat, predicted model / simulations out there (eg 538 model has us rated 17th in the league - finishing 8th thanks to our overindexed start). Add to that, we’re extremely boring to watch - 1.14 goals a game

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

Nope and I didn’t at this stage last season either, but it’s a meaningless point to me. Variance is huge in this league (as we see every year team A drops off or team B comes from nowhere - eg us and Forest last year)  

We’re in a false position right now as highlighted by every stat, predicted model / simulations out there. Add to that, we’re extremely boring to watch - 1.14 goals a game

So we are doing than expected?