BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

If that’s a sending off for violent conduct, then every time two players square up and have a pushing match in any game they should both be off because “That’s the law. “

The ref could have had a word, or even booked him, and not one person would have said he got away with a red card. 

It was a double whammy, as most of those long balls that opened Boro up time and again in the first half were coming from Buckley.

How shit must Hirst be if we are down to 10 men and need a goal and he still doesn’t even get a cameo.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tired of this long term project bollocks.  Mowbray has Sunderland in the play off positions in just a few months.  Carrick has boro in the play off positions in just 9 games.  Its just another way of saying I'm here for a jolly up and we have no ambition 

And we are sitting third…?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

So you think Rankin-Costello has been useless in the last 3 matches (plus West Ham)??Do you actually watch these matches or just sit at a keyboard? And Brittain is out injured.

He's had a decent couple of games but importantly he's not a fullback. We know this because as you mention he's not our first choice? I've certainly been to enough games to know that JRC cannot play consistently well over a number of matches. I've seen Pickering have a couple of good games but I'd replace him in a heartbeat.

Also steady on, I had to endure JRC's terribly sedate performances earlier on the season. Then again I have a memory that stretches back further than two or three matches.

Better to also take into context the discussion was about over the matches played so far, not just the last three.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alcd said:

So you think Rankin-Costello has been useless in the last 3 matches (plus West Ham)??Do you actually watch these matches or just sit at a keyboard? And Brittain is out injured.

JRC had another good game tonight I think. Its been a testing few weeks but that's been a major positive. 

• Like 3

Disappointing, was set up for a good second half before Buckley’s unprofessionalism. Not a red but what a daft thing to do. 

Pickering not good enough for this team for me. JRC has been a very good stand-in (never thought I’d say) but Britain poor signing and more injury prone than Nyambe. 

Need one or two more players with goals in them. Garrett not a player for me. Travis is a poor man’s Richie Smallwood. 

ultra tight league, anything can happen. Lost a couple of big games lately though. 

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m almost a bit ashamed to admit this, but as soon as we went 2-1 down, having gone down to ten men, I walked out and back to my car. I didn’t want to waste any more time in the cold watching the inevitable unfold. I walked out early in the PNE game too. Before this season, I’d always stayed until the end. They’ve finally managed to find a way to break me I think….

Don't blame u one bit. I'm growing pretty tired of football in general.  It's becoming monotonous.  Most games are bland and most footballers are dire personality-less robots

• Like 4

Was my post deleted for calling the more delusional amongst us nutters? I think it was more than justified given the disparity between where we are and where anyone expected us to be this season given the loss of players and change of manager.

JDT will need at least 2 or 3 windows to sort out this team and play a side he actually believes in.

• Like 4

Sunderland will be nowhere near the play offs for Christ's sake. People really ought to stop looking at the league table for a while. I'd be amazed if the top 2 change all season. The next 4 positions most certainly will!

Being 3rd in December means absolutely fuck all, fortunately for JDT it's saving him from more stick than he's already getting though. 

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I've said it before but I think this squad of players would do better without this manager, just let them play.

Too many passengers in the squad, not enough goals, midfield is paper thin.

Many of us knew this last year, why the club doesn't know is beyond me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Was my post deleted for calling the more delusional amongst us nutters? I think it was more than justified given the disparity between where we are and where anyone expected us to be this season given the loss of players and change of manager.

JDT will need at least 2 or 3 windows to sort out this team and play a side he actually believes in.

Until he does get a side he “ actually believes in “ he better get the lot he took over playing better than this.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

This bit right here, can’t be insulting posters, never mind en masse!

(It’s against the rules). Also, any queries about hidden posts in future, need to be in ask admin, or sent via private message to a moderator.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

This bit right here, can’t be insulting posters, never mind en masse!

(It’s against the rules). Also, any queries about hidden posts in future, need to be in ask admin, or sent via private message to a moderator.

Fair enough, although I thought the discussion here was generally robust enough to cope. There are certainly plenty of strong (if wrong) opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

The referee went to Carr Hill school, lives in Freckleton. Rumours of him being a Nobber. His brother played for B'pool. 

Bit too close geographically for comfort really. 

He checked with the fourth official who must have said it was a sending off offence.

• Like 1

I think I’m done. Since Venky’s took over it’s been nothing but misery. The only high point was promotion from League One after that nobhead took us down. Same old shit season after season. There’s no enjoyment. It’s just Groundhog Day. 

I’m wondering if I could get hypnotised to completely careless about football. Be one of those fuckers that says “it’s just a game”. 

• Like 7