BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

1 minute ago, Drover said:

One of the very few interesting things that happened in the game- JRC coming inside and playing centrally seemed like an interesting proposition...... One to think about.

JDT sounding very unhappy in his interview with the board. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked you know.

Yep, I reckon he’s off.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Did enough to beat them comfortably. Most did ‘ok’, the standouts were Sorba, Trav and JRC. Vale (non-entity) Brereton (might not get a club at this rate) and Gally (Stump) absolutely dog shit…we’re just waiting for them to turn up again before we can win a game.

JDT musr be going out of his mind!

He’s not the only one. Luckily, he doesn’t have to pay to watch the shite his teams serve up.

• Like 5

This was FAR worse than anything Mowbray put out ….and , believe me…I was no fan of Mowbray ..

as it stands..we have a manager who is finding this job far too big for him..

we have players not good enough for this league ..BBD was an embarrassment ……..Gallagher needs to find another sport……. Buckley is VERY limited in guts……. Travis runs like he’s in thick  mud ( but tonight was one of his better games ) …….Morton is world class in his own head…..Dack is carried when we haven’t got the ball…Vale ..where do I begin?

I feel sorry for JRC, both Whartons , Dolan , Pickering and others too ordinary to mention

Thomas ( our best player until he cramped up ) will be very sorry the paperwork was done….O’Brien will be very pleased the paperwork wasn’t done .….

and  the pitch ???? 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

I thought it was grim. We were woeful up-front, lacking in class ,ideas and power. We will limp to halfway in the table if this was any guide. Dack---the only class player on the pitch, Thomas---promising debut. We should have had a pen at the end but that would only have hidden the problems for another week. Can't beat the bottom of the table at home or even score---speaks for itself, but they signed 6 players in the transfer window and have a new manager---gives them a lift in vast contrast to us.

A team lacking in ideas and spark. Looks really bad for us for the rest of the season. 

And for next season. 

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

The regression of our squad and style of play is scary. It's going from bad to worse. Bottom of the league in xG means it's more than just our strikers being bad, we barely create any decent chances either. What concerns me is that the way JDT wants to play might be beyond the reach of our club with the resources available - both in terms of money and staff.  

Great point, a lot of talk about ‘if we had a decent striker we win that’ or that ‘we’re just missing a number 9’.

As you say, we’re creating barely anything. What 2 or 3 decent chances against the worst team in the league at home? A top 6 creates at least double that.  

• Like 1

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Yeah, Mowbray didn't give a shit either.

Yep because he was happy to assemble a team of no hopers.

At least Tomasson wants to bring in better players, and aspire to better the club. Is it his fault he’s working with some terrible players? Especially the ones who score goals and win games.

From his manner in the interview I think he’ll walk, so you’ll get your wish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Good grief man, how can you possibly feel sorry for JDT ?

He's admitted he's not interested in the top 6 , he didn't want to win the game tonight, it puts him

under more pressure , he'd rather just saunter around for the rest of the season and if asked about poor form he'll

just mention the project being a long term thing.

Utter nonsense. 

• Like 6

• Backroom

JDT has likely realised he can't implement his style of football with these players. Not only that, but he and his coaching team seem to be making these players worse. Meanwhile, the people above him are so incompetent they are unable to get any transfer deals over the line and can't even submit forms properly. It's a bit of a nightmare scenario for him, as every game is making him look less capable as a manager, at a time when he's still having to prove that beyond his native country. 

With the utter embarassment of the transfer window, he now has a good excuse for quitting Rovers if it's brought up at his next job interview. 

• Like 2

There is no point in playing BBD for the rest of the season. His head is obviously elsewhere so we may as well play with a team without him, it will be good practice for when he isn’t here which on tonight’s effort it would appear he’s already gone. 

• Like 5