BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

JDT and Remy deserve credit for the second half, tactically and the players for the effort. Very effective, totally nullified Swansea to playing on the break and hanging on at most points in that half.

If we intentionally sat deep first half, to encourage Swansea to push/compromise in the second, all the more credit to the coaching team. A really good team performance in my book, even if individual performances were patchy.

edit: Russell Martin is a pound shop Chris Hughton, criminal he’s in a job at all. Best placed at one of the oil money academies, teaching 8 year olds how to pass sideways.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Blowing out your hamstring (and him looking like he was holding back tears on the walk to confirm that suspicion) a few minutes after coming on, having been through two consecutive cruciate ligament injuries, managed through the recovery and subsequent to your first intense run of starts… but you’re right, I guess, random occurrence, could happen anytime.

So if he's feeling the pace, why even put him on the bench? Surely you leave him out the squad. 

...or he didn't warm up properly...

or coming on cold has caused the issue. 

Either way, if he's fit, he should start.  If he isn't then don't play him at all.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

JDT and Remy deserve credit for the second half, tactically and the players for the effort. Very effective, totally nullified Swansea to playing on the break and hanging on at most points in that half.

If we intentionally sat deep first half, to encourage Swansea to push/compromise in the second, all the more credit to the coaching team. A really good team performance in my book, even if individual performances were patchy.

Nonsense.

• Like 2

So we're 7th, level on points with Millwall (who have a game in hand) and Sunderland, both above us on GD (by 10 for Millwall, 16 for Sunderland! We won't be beating anyone to a spot on GD this year)

Only 1 point (and GD of course!) separating 4th and 7th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Only downside is potential injuries to Brereton and Dack, our top two scorers.

Someone said stick Ayala up top...we might not have much choice soon at this rate!

I hope this doesn't mean Vale will be back in the team on Tuesday,i'd rather play anybody up top than seeing him back 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So if he's feeling the pace, why even put him on the bench? Surely you leave him out the squad. 

Either way, if he's fit, he should start.  If he isn't then don't play him at all.   

Sorry, I’m still looking at where the goalposts were, where it was criminal he didn’t start. Where are you putting them now?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

edit: Russell Martin is a pound shop Chris Hughton, criminal he’s in a job at all. Best placed at one of the oil money academies, teaching 8 year olds how to pass sideways.

Completely agree.

I was going to make the point that the game plan worked well, however shit it was to watch.

• Like 2

Nothing better than a "last-minute" 1-0 win on a Saturday! Poor first-half, but we deserved it on our second-half showing.

Ayala MotM, undoubtedly for his two crucial contributions at the death - a goal and a smart foul. Otherwise would have gone to Travis for putting in a very good shift.

Sour notes are the two injuries to Brereton Diaz and Dack, but hopefully they aren't severe.

Bonus note is taking six points from the arrogant Russell Martin this season. 😁

• Like 4

COYB! Absolutely buzzing, great result and given Norwich and Sunderland drew and Luton lost it could be a big week going into Blackpool. 

On the match, I thought we were dreadful 1st half, as bad as it could be. Credit to JDT though 2nd half I thought we were really really good. We pressed better, we competed more, we got the ball into wide areas and all the 45 was played in their half. 

Pears excellent again, Carter brilliant (all defenders were to be fair). Thomas gives us bundles of energy. Just all of them were so much better 2nd half. We play like that half all the time then we certainly have a chance of playoffs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

I hope this doesn't mean Vale will be back in the team on Tuesday,i'd rather play anybody up top than seeing him back 

Leonard maybe?

Disappointed about Dack as he obviously had him on the bench to keep him fresh for Tuesday night.

Now potentially there's no Brereton or Dack.

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Sorry, I’m still looking at where the goalposts were, where it was criminal he didn’t start. Where are you putting them now?

If he is fit.  He should start. 

If he isn't, don't play him at all.  

That's the manager's call.

No point saying you want to rest him, but bring him on anyway. 

If he started today.  He may have pulled a muscle or he may not.   

I'm not sure what you are missing? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it will mean. I'd much rather see Leonard given the shirt, but I can't see it happening.

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yep - really bizarre argument. If it was right not to start him then he’s still done a hamstring so was hardly right bringing him on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm confused that you see 20 minutes of football and 90 minutes of football as being the same in terms of strain on the body. You've played football, right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This started because I asked how the “Dack not starting is criminal” brigade were feeling seeing him clearly overstretched. That extends beyond this board, to the fans booing JDT midweek and chanting his name while he’s on the bench.

I’m not an expert in current sports science, but I can add 2+2.

You started off by saying “that could happen any time 😂” or similar. You’re now implying the coaches have been irresponsible. He’s clearly an important player who needs a lot of management.

Given the complainers got what they wanted, I was asking how they felt about it.

I haven’t missed anything, you might just be getting obtuse in your old age.

• Like 1