BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

6 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Preston give many season tickets away for free with adult tickets.

Should do too. No 6 year old is gonna make a trip to ewood by themselves so throw it in with the adult ticket and work on other revenue streams around the ground to make money off it. Kids always want a drink and food so there’s your income source.

29 minutes ago, M_B said:

The problem is, from Waggott's point of view, that if tickets were half price, we wouldn't sell twice as many. You're then gambling that the shortfall would be made up from food sales and so on. It's his job to make money for the club, I'm not condoning it or otherwise, but that is the conundrum. 

Personally,I think the main problem is that a whole generation got into going to Rovers because they were good. In short, and to put it bluntly, if you're under 45,you probably wouldn't remember Rovers being crap. 

This isn't what that generation signed up for, it would be interesting to know the figures from the Shearer gig. How many of those going to that, don't actually go any more? 

It might tell a tale. 

Who says they should be half price? That would’ve been £188 for a BEnd early bird. Nobody expects that.

All we are after is not to be some of the dearest in the whole division and we might actually hit the heady heights of five figures.

Your Shearer stuff is neither here nor there, nobody expects PL sales, but to be merely back to where we were in those heady days of 2019 would do for now (I.e c10,000).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I have just received an E-mail asking me to renew my season ticket, this is the first comunication I have had. It will not persuade me that the season ticket price is value for money, so I won't be renewing, that ship has sailed.

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who says they should be half price? That would’ve been £188 for a BEnd early bird. Nobody expects that.

All we are after is not to be some of the dearest in the whole division and we might actually hit the heady heights of five figures.

Your Shearer stuff is neither here nor there, nobody expects PL sales, but to be merely back to where we were in those heady days of 2019 would do for now (I.e c10,000).

Nobody is saying they should be half price, it was a simple example of the correlation between sales and prices. 

The Shearer stuff is absolutely relevant, I've heard it myself loads of times, although it's usually disguised as a Venky thing, ( which is also a load of bollox). 

I'm just giving an opinion from what I hear regularly. 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

The problem is, from Waggott's point of view, that if tickets were half price, we wouldn't sell twice as many. You're then gambling that the shortfall would be made up from food sales and so on. It's his job to make money for the club, I'm not condoning it or otherwise, but that is the conundrum. 

Personally,I think the main problem is that a whole generation got into going to Rovers because they were good. In short, and to put it bluntly, if you're under 45,you probably wouldn't remember Rovers being crap. 

This isn't what that generation signed up for, it would be interesting to know the figures from the Shearer gig. How many of those going to that, don't actually go any more? 

It might tell a tale. 

Don't recall anyone mentioning 'half price'?

That would be £215.

Sensible pricing say £329 with the RS £299.

What planet does Swag live on?

Edited by damo100

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

Nobody is saying they should be half price, it was a simple example of the correlation between sales and prices. 

The Shearer stuff is absolutely relevant, I've heard it myself loads of times, although it's usually disguised as a Venky thing, ( which is also a load of bollox). 

Absolutely irrelevant.

It would only be relevant if we were expecting to see PL-esque sales. Nobody is as we are a middling second division club, so the fact some long lapsed fans are only interested in the PL and using Venky’s/it’s not the good old days anymore as an excuse has nothing to do with getting ST sales back to 2019 levels (that’s 2019 not 2009) - as those folk would’ve had those exact same complaints and wouldn’t have been bothering then either.

We aren’t not selling 10,000 STs like we did in 2019 because glory hunters are pining for Alan Shearer.

Edited by Mattyblue

14 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Does nobody check this?

Fuck sake. It's just amateur.

Sympomatic of the way the club operates from top to bottom. No care or attention given to anything.

After the very public 'paperwork' cock up in January you would think every single peice of information coming out of the club would be scruitinised very carefully but no, nothing has changed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Sympomatic of the way the club operates from top to bottom. No care or attention given to anything.

After the very public 'paperwork' cock up in January you would think every single peice of information coming out of the club would be scruitinised very carefully but no, nothing has changed.

Indeed you would… (sorry, I couldn’t resist 😁)

Regarding this latest ‘fuck up’ - wasn’t Leeds’ relegation confirmed after Bolton were knocked out of the play offs?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, M_B said:

So people who express concerns about Venky's ownership and are worried about the future of the club while they are in charge are just talking bollox and are really moaning about the quality of current players compared to 30 years ago?

Unbelievable statement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Indeed you would… (sorry, I couldn’t resist 😁)

Regarding this latest ‘fuck up’ - wasn’t Leeds’ relegation confirmed after Bolton were knocked out of the play offs?

There you go - shows the importance of proof reading. Rovers should take note

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

That's on a par with Mowbray's "it's not 1995 anymore" comment, imo, and quite frankly, to hear/read it from a fan, as a seemingly indirect attempt at defending these season ticket sales and the berks running the show, is incredible.

You are aware, I presume, of the damage that the owners have done to this club and the fanbase? 10,000 fans walked away in 2012. Some because of relegation, yes, but many in disgust at what was going on at the club in terms of who was running it and how.

John Williams himself felt he had no choice but to walk away, we've had Salgado openly talking about a beautiful club being ruined, we've had Morten laying into people for furthering their own agendas at the club.

The club and the fanbase has never recovered from those days. Some still question what might be happening at the club. Yet the "venky thing" is bollocks? The real reason for low ticket sales is Shearer isn't playing here anymore? Unbelievable.

I don't doubt you have heard people mention Shearer to you, but that doesn't apply to the thousands who have walked away and who refuse to return.

The very essence of the club has been ruined and dismantled since 2010, the club turned into a shell with a big cloud hanging over it, most of us hoping we can make it back up to the Prem somehow, hoping that might result in the cloud deciding to piss off.

You've admitted yourself that Rovers isn't a normal club under these owners. The situation isn't normal, nothing has been normal about the last 13 years.

So why then, are you using a £10 ticket deal against Reading as a stick to beat the fans with? That's exactly what swag and Co are doing to justify current prices.

I'm in little doubt that such lines are being fed to the owners too by people seeking to cover their own backs.

"Oh those fans? They aren't happy because Shearer and Sutton aren't here anymore, we can't do much about them sadly, but we do have an 82 percent renewal rate and are on track for the best sales in years".

Crack on.

Shit fans.

Aye.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Let’s be honest there aren’t thousands ‘refusing’ to return because of Venky’s, over a decade later most of said fans have just moved on in life.

If Venky’s sold tomorrow the dial would hardly move.

No, I get that. There likely aren't thousands waiting for Venky's to leave before making a return. But they are the primary reason why thousands walked.

The response to relegation in 2012 lies squarely at their door. It was anything but a normal response, in terms of the numbers that said enough is enough.

The minute they sell up, the whole atmosphere around the club will change.

• Like 1