BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

4 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

This has quickly gotten very deep. All I want is a cheaper season ticket 🤣

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Can someone not get rid of this boring fucker he's purposely taking this thread round in circles for his own amusement.

Far from it. You choose to ignore the opposite side of the debate. No need for obscene language...

16 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Far from it. You choose to ignore the opposite side of the debate. No need for obscene language...

You're repeating questions that have already been answered and refusing to acknowledge others perfectly reasonable takes on how to cover or at least contribute to any loss.

Plus you've admitted you're a wum, a poor one but one nontheless and you're trying to make out that what is possible at PNE and Bolton isn't possible at Rovers.

That's complete hogwash, leaving out the well earned obscene language.

Have a day off.

• Like 1

He actually agrees that the tickets are overpriced, he said as much a while ago.

But I worked out a few days back that he’s since spotted that a few of us in this thread are very passionate about the topic and he’s been enjoying the wind up ever since.

However you get your kicks, I suppose…

• Like 1

All he needed to say was in HIS opinion Waggots crude squeeze what you have to the hilt and take a hit on the numbers, whilst hoping a good season, cup run, away followings increase the takings makes sound business sense.

That's all he needed to do instead of going around the houses, over the hills and trying to paint fellow fans in a poor light because a lot won't/can't commit at our prices for Championship football.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Doogs said:

So who pays for the cost of cheaper season tickets?

Nobody. It’d be covered by a modest increase in sales, as seen by local examples and our own historical examples.

But you know that already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

As I said previously, make a day at the football a service and not just a product. Keep people happy, keep people around the ground, and make money off them in the long run. Give them good food and drink, build the atmosphere with decent music before hand, put more than two taps in the fanzone, open more than 2 windows to collect tickets, get a discounted pint and a burger at the local pubs if you show a match ticket, have a half time show that actually keeps peoples interest, HAVE SHIRTS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE!!!! 

If the only product you offer is the football, if you're out of form, or the price isn't reflective of the product on the pitch, then people don't buy. Make it an experience, and give people plenty of opportunities to spend money when there.

half time show? 

8 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Booze with 2 taps...

not everyone is interest in Booze btw. 

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

I know a dozen off the top of my head, who could’ve afforded to attend at the lower price, but haven’t taken the plunge at the more expensive price.

can I ask why they didn't buy when it was at lower price? 

This is again why the price should remain the same all summer as I said previously. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

*chaddy isnt interested in booze

some people don't want a beer at a game of football and plus people have to drive to games plus other reasons, etc. Not everyone like you is interested in booze but I can see why some people are interest in this tho. Getting better food options should also been priority but with Rovers outsourcing to Sodexo most is unlikely to change in the short term 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

some people don't want a beer at a game of football and plus people have to drive to games plus other reasons, etc. Not everyone like you is interested in booze but I can see why some people are interest in this tho. Getting better food options should also been priority but with Rovers outsourcing to Sodexo most is unlikely to change in the short term 

Some people dont eat at games either, I never do. But still, would certainly be behind revamping things on that front. Food and drink are key areas of improving the matchday experience AND earning more money.

The drink situation is shit. Limited choices, and queues that often make it impossible. Revamp the food menu, revamp the drink menu and totally revamp the process. Pre pouring drinks, bottle bars, maybe using outside space for extra bars/food kiosks.

They also stopped allowing people to go out and smoke in the Blackburn end. Why, I do not know.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some people dont eat at games either, I never do. But still, would certainly be behind revamping things on that front. Food and drink are key areas of improving the matchday experience AND earning more money.

The drink situation is shit. Limited choices, and queues that often make it impossible. Revamp the food menu, revamp the drink menu and totally revamp the process. Pre pouring drinks, bottle bars, maybe using outside space for extra bars/food kiosks.

granted, But I like something to eat at games the same way you would like a drink. I don't go into the concourse at half time and I tend to purchase my food around 1.45/2pm and watch the dinner time kick off game. 

We won't earn more money as Rovers outsource the food and drink kiosks to Sodexo.  

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They also stopped allowing people to go out and smoke in the Blackburn end. Why, I do not know.

don't smoke so no idea. 

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

half time show? 

This is again why the price should remain the same all summer as I said previously. 

Not everyone is interested in a Biryani but hey ho

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

half time show? 

I meant the lower price that the original poster quoted, around £275-350. Anything higher than that prices people out, as a family goes from costing about £700 to well over £1000.

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

When did they stop allowing that? Must have been late on in the season?

Yeah it was.

If nothing else, it helps to alleviate the congregation of people.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

granted, But I like something to eat at games the same way you would like a drink. I don't go into the concourse at half time and I tend to purchase my food around 1.45/2pm and watch the dinner time kick off game. 

We won't earn more money as Rovers outsource the food and drink kiosks to Sodexo.  

don't smoke so no idea. 

We dont know if we get a commission % on sales but either way, obviously I am suggesting moving away from Sodexo.

Again, not all of the ideas are targeted at you. I dont eat at Ewood but I still would support any attempt to make the overall matchday experience better.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

obviously I am suggesting moving away from Sodexo.

suggested it a few weeks again

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, not all of the ideas are targeted at you. I dont eat at Ewood but I still would support any attempt to make the overall matchday experience better.

I have agreed with you about the beer point didn't I? 

On 13/06/2023 at 20:26, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we all know Waggott has financial targets to meet but they are a different ways he could meet them.  

I see them as value for money as I can make every game, enjoy going to watch Rovers and its my only main social activity nowadays. Financial I can afford it easily. 

Please could you explain what would make the match day experience better?  

there are so many things that could make it better, from the PA to a proper fans zone, the stadium being maintained and developed, the crap overpriced goods in the club shop, rubbish beer, rubbish tea and coffee as well, i'd actually flip that back to you. What is actually good about the match day experience.

14 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

there are so many things that could make it better, from the PA to a proper fans zone, the stadium being maintained and developed, the crap overpriced goods in the club shop, rubbish beer, rubbish tea and coffee as well, i'd actually flip that back to you. What is actually good about the match day experience.

The amount of urinals is fairly adequate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Watching my team play