BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

From the latest report from Deloitte.

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-leads-european-financial-dominance-but-championship-clubs-living-beyond-their-means-12902315

And an extract from the article.

"Following the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, fans' pent-up demand gave rise to record matchday and commercial revenues across Europe.

Ha he does I believe, he did take me off for a while, it’s great for getting the last word in, which is verrry important on a message board. 😁

Generally though as long as it’s not abusive (and the Mods should clamp down on that sort of stuff anyway), anyone that does that obviously doesn’t have the courage of their own convictions…

• Like 1

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 8,143 (+6)

Notes:

• The estimate is based upon the total number of saleable seats to home supporters (18,210), minus the amount of unavailable (sold) seats.
  • (+xx) represents the difference in season ticket sales from the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 seats in block W01 are marked as unavailable (sold), but are not saleable due to being cordoned-off. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • 376 seats for supporters requiring ground-level font-row access are marked as unavailable (sold), but appear to be block-reserved rather than fully sold. These are therefore excluded from the season ticket estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

so in essence nothing then, as with all due respect thats an incredibly predictable reply 

I'm mentioned about lack of quality food options at kiosks in BBE and needs a wider options. Apart from that nothing else that's interests me. 

But the overall/main point I'm there supporting Rovers and hopefully getting 3 points at Ewood Park. 

Match day experience isn't something that bothers me myself personally but it clearly does to others hence why I asked messageboard what could Rovers do better the overall match day experience for people who want that's 

@chaddyroversout of interest, if you go on a plane, as long as you get to the destination, you're happy? Doesn't matter how long it takes to get there, how long you wait for a ticket, how long the queues are, how strange the seating plan is, how much it costs, as long as you get to your destination, the fact you have Jess Glynne blaring in your ears for half an hour at 400 decibels, that you can't get anything to drink, all is well and you'd repeatedly go back to that airline?

EDIT: another one for you. If all you're bothered about is watching your team, and not about the matchday experience, why do you go at all and not watch at home?

Edited by Mellor Rover

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

If the Ewood match day experience is of no interest, then we may as well watch them play on Feni Rec!

Good point, edited my post 😄 

13 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

...and at least we'd get a decent pint down there 🤣

NOT EVERYONE IS BOTHERED ABOUT BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

From the latest report from Deloitte.

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-leads-european-financial-dominance-but-championship-clubs-living-beyond-their-means-12902315

And an extract from the article.

"Following the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, fans' pent-up demand gave rise to record matchday and commercial revenues across Europe.

Trouble is we had Mowbrays going nowhere football that finished 15th and his dour i don't care about league positions i'm only bothered about individual players attitude.

Then we had another price hike.

• Backroom
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watching my team play

So there’s literally no reason for you to go to games. Just stay at home and subscribe to RoversTV, save yourself the travel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think you need a drink mate, it might calm you down a bit 😉

I drink exclusively at Rovers home games, so been sober for 3 years now seen as I can't bloody get one 😄 

Just as another note, £209 is also too expensive for 18-23 year olds in my book. Unless subbed by their parents I didn't have £209 readily available whilst at Uni, I'd come home in the summer 2 grand into my overdraft (yes on booze, maybe I do have a problem) and working all summer to get back into the black. ready to do it all over again. 

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If the Ewood match day experience is of no interest, then we may as well watch them play on Feni Rec!

Have you tried to get served when the games on Tv? Nightmare! 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Trouble is we had Mowbrays going nowhere football that finished 15th and his dour i don't care about league positions i'm only bothered about individual players attitude.

Then we had another price hike.

We did but lots of teams who were in similar positions reported an increase. As the report says many clubs came out of Covid into a stronger position primarily because fans were eager to get back to watching football and had some spare cash. We simply didn't. I recall vividly some dialogue I and several others had about refunds for the aborted season. These were dismissed out of hand by Waggott who felt that an iPlayer subscription would provide an adequate alternative. Lots of clubs reduced the price of season tickets for the following season accordingly and reaped the benefits. Again we didn't and that falls straight into the lap of Waggott. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Just as another note, £209 is also too expensive for 18-23 year olds in my book. Unless subbed by their parents I didn't have £209 readily available whilst at Uni, I'd come home in the summer 2 grand into my overdraft (yes on booze, maybe I do have a problem) and working all summer to get back into the black. ready to do it all over again. 

The glory days

Supernoodles on toast for dinner, 70p Becks for dessert

Still a better food and drink offering than at Ewood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

We did but lots of teams who were in similar positions reported an increase. As the report says many clubs came out of Covid into a stronger position primarily because fans were eager to get back to watching football and had some spare cash. We simply didn't. I recall vividly some dialogue I and several others had about refunds for the aborted season. These were dismissed out of hand by Waggott who felt that an iPlayer subscription would provide an adequate alternative. Lots of clubs reduced the price of season tickets for the following season accordingly and reaped the benefits. Again we didn't and that falls straight into the lap of Waggott. 

Where Waggott really got me was his treatment of young adults during the Covid season and the season after. I paid £179 for a season ticket and didn't see a single live game. When the next season rolled round, any adult or senior who bought a season ticket in 20/21 got a decent wedge knocked off. Young adults got absolutely nothing, because we got iFollow. No consideration given to either any games on Sky, or households with more than one season ticket (or how easy it was to watch games without an iFollow subscription, but that's a fine line to tread). It stank. 

• Like 1

The fan zone has great potential.

It's already OK booze wise - Blues Bar, Fanzone Bar and the bottle bar shed.

It's just needs more food options as not everyone wants a curry. Some of the away grounds have a good mix of catering in theirs. 

As for the concourse, it's just overpriced and poor quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

The fan zone has great potential.

It's already OK booze wise - Blues Bar, Fanzone Bar and the bottle bar shed.

It's just needs more food options as not everyone wants a curry. Some of the away grounds have a good mix of catering in theirs. 

As for the concourse, it's just overpriced and poor quality.

The away end at Bristol City practically has a food court at the back. I don't really eat at games but it looked decent grub too, certainly not Sodexo shite. 

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 1