BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Our lads should turn away and show them their backsides.

That'll learn 'em!

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, burnley ****s.

They've got enough threads going on this site right now, lets not turn this into a homage as well. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, burnley ****s.

They've got enough threads going on this site right now, lets not turn this into a homage as well. 

What Gav said.

You can't fault their on-field achievements this season but begrudging admiration doth not maketh a guard-of-fucking-honour. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

All my life ! But seriously I would like to think our club could act with a bit of class. Let's face it the people running the club for the last dozen years haven't always done so and perhaps just as things might be turning our way on the pitch we could show our better side.

I doubt ‘the club’ would be arsed either way, it’s the majority of fans who would go bananas…

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Genuine question as I’m struggling to remember - when did the guard of honour become a thing?

One of those things cringey that has crept in, like not celebrating against your old club.

Where’s that ‘things you hate about football thread’…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

One of those things cringey that has crept in, like not celebrating against your old club.

Where’s that ‘things you hate about football thread’…

Not celebrating against your old club is another sign of a bit of class. That all time great Denis Law scored the goal that relegated Manchester United in 1974 but didn't celebrate.

That was seen as a novelty and repeatedly shown for years, as every other player did celebrate until recent times, and quite right too. 

Though thought you’d have an alternate view on that too. Football seems a bit too raucous and uncouth for you most of the time, Masher 😁

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Not celebrating against your old club is another sign of a bit of class. That all time great Denis Law scored the goal that relegated Manchester United in 1974 but didn't celebrate.

Nah, he just cashed in on it as an after-dinner speaker for decades

Allegedly

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That was seen as a novelty and repeatedly shown for years, as every other player did celebrate until recent times, and quite right too. 

Though thought you’d have an alternate view on that too. Football seems a bit too raucous and uncouth for you most of the time, Masher 😁

Yes, I suppose I am a cut above...........

The guard of honour thing, clearly a wind up merchant. I don’t even know why it is a thing at all, regardless of any rivalry.

Celebrations - give me Adebayor style every day over this ‘hush hush I played 5 games for this team 4 years ago so I’m not really happy to have scored’

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

Looks like they've all gone now. Went online to get one and the option is no longer there

The lad in the ticket office was expecting them to go before close of play to online sales. He said there was a total allocation of around 2600.

20 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Its a myth that his goal relegated Man Utd,they needed Birningham to lose against Norwich to have a chance of staying up but Birmingham won so it didnt matter what happened at a Old Trafford

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Its a myth that his goal relegated Man Utd,they needed Birningham to lose against Norwich to have a chance of staying up but Birmingham won so it didnt matter what happened at a Old Trafford

All games off at the same time in those days so he wouldn't have known what was going on elsewhere. Law was an all time great.

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Plot twist. He didn't celebrate because he wanted to be the one that relegated them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

All games off at the same time in those days so he wouldn't have known what was going on elsewhere. Law was an all time great.

Not disputing that.i'm disputing you saying he scored the goal that got Man U relegated

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The lad in the ticket office was expecting them to go before close of play to online sales. He said there was a total allocation of around 2600.

Was this not an initial allocation? Don’t you get 15% of the capacity, which would be about 4.5k?

16 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

2,250 tickets sold out. What happened to the 25% of capacity allocation rule for FA Cup games? Has our incompetent CEO made another blunder?

Bearing in mind we may have to pay for unsold seats, and the seats will be released in blocks, the fact we’ve sold out the taken allocation on the eve of the game means we’ve probably got this one just right. Anyone that wanted to go is surely going.

Edited by Hasta

9 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Paying for "unsold seats", when did this come into play? If not a full house, the more the better surely???

Different completion of course.

But the reasons John Williams never took up the 7/8k seats at Celtic all those years back. He didn’t get much wrong during his time here, but taking the smaller allocation was a mistake, thousands missed out that night.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Paying for "unsold seats", when did this come into play? If not a full house, the more the better surely???

Not sure if it applies in this game, but your allowed 15% of the allocation. However sometimes at some grounds (usually ones who can sell out the home ends) the allocation is offered in ‘blocks’. You can take as many blocks as you want up to 15%, but the away club pays for the tickets taken whether they sell them or not.

It’s to stop an away club taking thousands of tickets they can’t sell which could be sold to the home fans. 

edit - Gav gives a perfect example above.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Thank goodness! It’s on ESPN+ here, I’m getting nearly 1/2 of Rovers’ games. 

It is awesome friend for sure!Living in North Carolina myself so am enjoying it as well. Having a few fellow Rovers over for the game tomorrow. Pizza and wings at the ready(Alcohol too of course lol) and ready to see us move on in the cup.

Supposed to be at a teacher workshop tomorrow, but gonna call out haha.

• Like 1