BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Aye, it’s full of fans upset that we lost. Who’d have thought it?

I understand the upset part - but some of the reactions are still extreme.

I think if we play like that for the rest of the season (well barring the last few minutes) we’ll be in the play offs

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 6

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I think we'll really struggle with 8 games in April - we don't have the squad to perform at a high level twice a week.

I'm just hoping we can hang onto the Playoff spot now.

I think we do have the squad for the final games and games like today and performances show this

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He’s cost us a fair few goals this season and the one today, with everything on the line, for him to feign injury and not bust a gut to get back and win the ball back, when we are one game away from Wembley, no, I’ve no idea why that would anger people….

His tackle made the Szmodics goal tbf.

Generally he was excellent today. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Bit of an overreaction on morten imo. He showed bravery going for the second goal, he is a young lad and he got a poke in the eye and stopped playing, he will learn. 

im disappointed but more so I’m proud of the lads today, stood up to a hostile environment and gave it their all, showing that they can play under pressure. Feel this will put us in good stead for the rest of the season and they won’t want to suffer the same disappointment in our ultimate quest. 

lets get a bit of perspective albeit I know everyone will be disappointed about not going to Wembley 

Why on earth do you say that @Bbrovers2288? Isn’t that where the Play-off Finals will be held this year? Wouldn't it be sweet if we got the lot we've just played in that competition?

Wouldn't mind a different Ref than today's, mind!

Edited by R0verb0y

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think we'll really struggle with 8 games in April - we don't have the squad to perform at a high level twice a week.

I'm just hoping we can hang onto the Playoff spot now.

A Wharton and Garret going to have to play a role next month. Trav and Morton can’t be relied up in a two man midfield for that many minutes 

17 minutes ago, XLM said:

I completely disagree, but fair enough. I'm not a huge Morton fan, but when he's played in the last month I think he's been very very good.

Your post about them being excellent to a man is rubbish.  Gallagher was garbage.  Diaz poorish. Morton was inconsistent 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, XLM said:

So what? It's what I think. If it angers people then they need to grow up.

9/10 the ref stops play, foul or not. That's the law of the game. If he gets up the ref stops the game 0/10 times and he's out of position.

That wasn't my point anyway, he was good before hand and made a mistake.

You said you didn’t understand the anger, so I explained it to you? People being angry about a player feigning injury in a cup quarter final instead of winning back the ball he lost was justified, I’d say!

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

It may sound trite to say it, but at least we can concentrate on the remaining league games.

I'm amazed how JDT manages to get the performances out of this bunch of players, so despite a possible miscalculation today, he deserves enonormous praise. 

If you look at the quality of some of their players, our lot did an exceptional job today. Like you say, JDT deserves enormous credit. Very few of these players are of his choosing, but he's still getting some very good performances out of them. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Watch his performance back second half - especially off the ball. 

Can't say I'll be re-living that pain again in a hurry!

I know you probably aren't meaning to be condescending, but maybe I just have a different opinion to you, and it's not that I need two viewings to "realise" what you saw in one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alcd said:

The usual crap coverage for us by ITV. No manager interview either before after the match. Absolutely no back-stories about Rovers, just a brief pre-match interview with Brereton. At least it helps in keeping this season's achievements under the radar. McCoist was fair but otherwise absolutely rubbish punditry in the studio. 

There was an interview before the match with JDT. It was live too on the side of the pitch. 

Gutted…hate, hate hate  defeat ..however…

POSITIVES ..I saw a fight / pride in the shirt that I haven’t seen for some time..….

Travis, Szmodics have returned to form  at the perfect time…

Hyam will prove to be a brilliant signing , JRC played like I never imagined possible , young Carter has a  bright future , Pears justified his selection …

We gave a great account of ourselves on national TV…and rather be beaten by a top goal than penalties….( and dreadful referee)

NEGATIVES……a young lad who’s more concerned with himself( how he looks, how he struts )  than the shirt …gave away the goal… NOT for the first time this season . Surely JDT had observed  their midfield were gaining strength by the minute and weak Morton was not the answer…

How Gallagher continues to pull on a shirt and gets  praise on this message board  😳 the “ man” is weak, no football brain, no killer instinct…just bad!

Brererton ….a myth of a man …if only he had guts …

What turned out to be shocking substitutions from JDT ..Dolan should have been on ( for Gallagher ) as soon as we went 2.1 up ..

I’ve felt FAR FAR worse when defeated this season …so, two weeks off …regroup, go again….we NEVER said this with Mowbray or the lesser lights before him…let’s learn and move on …it’s been a great ride ..

• Like 4

What scares me most is Yes this was just a cup quarter final and i dont fancy seeing us get pummelled by the likes of man city, united... at Wembley. 

BUT what if this was a playoff game with the clubs future and mega millions of pounds in tv money at stake and we went out that way due to poor naive tactical changes 🫣🫣🫣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am gutted and heartbroken after that game. We played very well today and overall we were the better team. Beaten by great strike by Doyle. 

I thought our starting 11 played good and played to a plan. BBD took his pen well and it was deffo a pen by the rules. Szmodics finish was class and Gallagher with another assist and good pass. 

I thought JDT got his subs wrong and change tactics to back 5 very badly wrong today. I can understand why he wanted another centre back on cos of their front 3 they had on top, but I do feel that Wharton and Brittain couldn't get up to speed and tempo of game and that cost us badly. 

I am very proud of the players and JDT for this FA cup run and the way we played in the cup competitions. Its would have been great to reach Wembley for semi finals but now focus on getting a playoff place and reaching that playoff final under JDT. 

JDT is doing a great job here and above most people expectations this season. 

COYB! 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!

Agreed on the subs. If anything we needed another man in midfield. Maybe Garrett or Wharton for Szmodics. The game was so open in the middle with us consistently out numbered it was only time before Trav or Morton made a mistake. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

• Many times we see the ball hit hard at an arm in an unnatural position but not given as a penalty because he had no chance of getting out of the way. Rightly so IMO.
  • Anyway. I thought Rovers were really, really good today. Sheff U will know that too.
Edited by den

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Your post about them being excellent to a man is rubbish.  Gallagher was garbage.  Diaz poorish. Morton was inconsistent 

We've got a side that - odd atrocious game aside - put everything into it. Might be a minimum requirement, but a lot of teams (including our own for most of the last 10+ years) don't. Some players are rather limited (like Gally), but I love watching them put the shift in. That's what made them excellent for me

• Like 7