BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

11 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was watching on a continually buffering stream, but even that couldn't hide the fact that much of our possession was in our own half/final third even.

71% possession? Where is Fr Merrin, when we need him?

I spoke to Birmingham supporting colleague on Friday who said they like to play on the break, good from set pieces, but don't have the quality to hold the ball for long periods of time.

Rovers having 71% possession seems to have born that out, did they score from a set piece anyone? I never followed the game yesterday? 

Like our many defeats we were often over-run in midfield yesterday and shows a signing like O'Brien was badly needed. The failure to sign such a player and of course the lack of options up front could yet cost us a playoff place.  Similar to last year, the lack of transfer business in January could be our undoing

Norwich is important because we must not lose it. A win would be great but losing to the team to below us would be a big blow from which we might not recover. 

• Like 3

Easter has been our downfall on a few occasions. 

Bowyer era, 95th minute SWFC equaliser at Hillsborough followed by drawing at home to fecking Yeovil on Good Friday (now on the verge of relegation to National League South, by the way.) pretty much torpedoed our play off chances.

Peterborough last Good Friday pretty much put the final nail in the coffin.

So, Norwich is definitely a must not lose.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Like our many defeats we were often over-run in midfield yesterday and shows a signing like O'Brien was badly needed. The failure to sign such a player and of course the lack of options up front could yet cost us a playoff place.  Similar to last year, the lack of transfer business in January could be our undoing

Norwich is important because we must not lose it. A win would be great but losing to the team to below us would be a big blow from which we might not recover. 

Let down by the transfer window "errors"-absolutely!

They said the same on Radio Lancs and JDT has alluded to it more than once. 

If we do miss out, the blame will be deafening.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

My mate observed yesterday that our subs were reactive and I do agree. We were absolutely over run in midfield and Morton does love the safe 5 yard pass. Rarely does it ever go forwards from his boot. I’m sure his passing stats are unreal though and that’s apparently what matters….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

My mate observed yesterday that our subs were reactive and I do agree. We were absolutely over run in midfield and Morton does love the safe 5 yard pass. Rarely does it ever go forwards from his boot. I’m sure his passing stats are unreal though and that’s apparently what matters….

We will be a stronger and more effective squad next season, with not having Morton available.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I was pulling my hair out at the number of long cross field balls that got cut out. The ball the was in the air that long they’re meat and drink to defenders. 
The thing about Gally is he never gambles. If the ball isn’t played directly to him it’s lost.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Easter has been our downfall on a few occasions. 

Bowyer era, 95th minute SWFC equaliser at Hillsborough followed by drawing at home to fecking Yeovil on Good Friday (now on the verge of relegation to National League South, by the way.) pretty much torpedoed our play off chances.

Peterborough last Good Friday pretty much put the final nail in the coffin.

So, Norwich is definitely a must not lose.

Coventry City at home in 1967.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

We will be a stronger and more effective squad next season, with not having Morton available.

At least the end of this season is going to have one definite plus.

Good riddance to the rubbish he has been practicing for Liverpool on our time and cost and not just in ££££

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lraC said:

I am beginning to wonder what is happening with Adam Wharton. The rumors about his spat after the Burnley game, are perhaps true, as he simply seems to have been frozen out ever since. I know he has had an injury, but why was he not at least on the bench?

From the limited times I have seen him, he deserves another go and think he could well have done a better job than some in this game and definitely want to see him play some part in the next two.

If there has been a fall out, surely that can now been forgotten and forgiven. Let’s get him involved and see if he can build on his good, albeit limited start. 

Not involved for the u21 game yesterday either I don't think? Unless he wanted to go the City game, again?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At least the end of this season is going to have one definite plus.

Good riddance to the rubbish he has been practicing for Liverpool on our time and cost and not just in ££££

I've started a separate thread on Morton.. seems like it's required 😃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Think we will see him again this season?

I'd say yeah in some capacity, little cameo or in a dead rubber if we are involved in one. Sad state of affairs when our midfield is so weak. Buckley and Morton should not be ahead of him.

• Like 2

You can tell with JDT’s body language whenever he’s asked about him. That sunny disposition/perma-smirk quickly disappears.

Obviously something has/is going on. Either an actual fall out or possibly issues with his attitude etc.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Ask yourself why he's not playing?

The manager knows Adam better than any of us, he's not afraid to play youngsters so there's clearly a reason.

My understanding is that both Adam and Ash Phillips were given bit of time off after a heavy schedule with England the week before. Neither of them were in the senior or under 21 squads yesterday

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

My understanding is that both Adam and Ash Phillips were given bit of time off after a heavy schedule with England the week before. Neither of them were in the senior or under 21 squads yesterday

Sounds feasible. JDT seems to know when to bring in youth. He doesn't shy away too much about Adam so things may be resolved. Or maybe Adam just needs to work harder in training?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You can tell with JDT’s body language whenever he’s asked about him. That sunny disposition/perma-smirk quickly disappears.

Obviously something has/is going on. Either an actual fall out or possibly issues with his attitude etc.

A few weeks JDT said Wharton needed to 'do more' when he was asked about him getting back in the 1st team squad. He said the same of Garrett recently too. Maybe they don't work hard enough in training? 

JDT repeats the 'team comes first' mantra often. Maybe it hasn't clicked with some of our talented youngsters yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

A few weeks JDT said Wharton needed to 'do more' when he was asked about him getting back in the 1st team squad. He said the same of Garrett recently too. Maybe they don't work hard enough in training? 

JDT repeats the 'team comes first' mantra often. Maybe it hasn't clicked with some of our talented youngsters yet. 

JDT isn't afraid of playing young players as we seen with Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale this season, but what we also know and seen that JDT doesn't have his favourites and every player needs to have the right attitude in training or games otherwise you won't play under JDT. 

As you say The team comes first whoever the player is under JDT. 

• Like 3