BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

I can’t see anything other than a defeat here and at better than 2/1 it might be a case of lump on and drown my sorrows with the profit.

We seem to be the nearly men still, despite the change in the management structure.

Adam Wharton must start and I will be very pissed off, if he doesn’t.

Hopefully BBD is being fed Paella and Tapas, as we speak and it gives him the energy he has been lacking.

Gally should be on the bench and Dolan should be given a start with the instructions to make life as uncomfortable as he can for their back four. 

The first goal will be crucial, concede early and we will fold.

If we are still in the top six after Monday my Tuesday morning run, will me in the nude. 

• Like 2

Colin has got Huddersfield buzzing. My goodness what a good manager he still is even well into his 70s. Twice in the past decade we had the chance to hire him and we flunked it both times - poor decisions that made no sense and with his record possibly cost us promotion. Although Rovers have a history of pulling out unexpected victories it is difficult to see anything other than another defeat 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I can’t see anything other than a defeat here and at better than 2/1 it might be a case of lump on and drown my sorrows with the profit.

We seem to be the nearly men still, despite the change in the management structure.

Adam Wharton must start and I will be very pissed off, if he doesn’t.

Hopefully BBD is being fed Paella and Tapas, as we speak and it gives him the energy he has been lacking.

Gally should be on the bench and Dolan should be given a start with the instructions to make life as uncomfortable as he can for their back four. 

The first goal will be crucial, concede early and we will fold.

If we are still in the top six after Monday my Tuesday morning run, will me in the nude. 

I love JDT however it’s unforgivable if Morton starts ahead of Wharton on Monday. I don’t care if the latter is proving difficult with his attitude. He’s head & shoulders better than Morton…f’ing start him!!

• Like 2

I just don't understand how many people are so negative and lack of confidence about our playoffs hopes given the results we have this season and 2 good cup runs plus some of the football we played has been quality.

They will be loads of twists and turns yet people have already written JDT and the players already.

We need get behind the players and cheers them on and back the players and JDT

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't understand how many people are so negative and lack of confidence about our playoffs hopes given the results we have this season and 2 good cup runs plus some of the football we played has been quality.

They will be loads of twists and turns yet people have already written JDT and the players already.

I think, and here me out here, it might be the last two results (and performances)…

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I love JDT however it’s unforgivable if Morton starts ahead of Wharton on Monday. I don’t care if the latter is proving difficult with his attitude. He’s head & shoulders better than Morton…f’ing start him!!

garrett or wharton in place of morton,tbh id`e rather have  anyone in his place,the kitman could run on the pitch and i would`nt complain🙂,morton is getting to the keith andrews level of annoyance with me

• Like 1

Bit deflated after the last few games, maybe the heartbreak in the cup did a bit more damage to the players than anticipated too?

All I will say is we often  play a bit better when there's not as much expectancy, so you never know.

That said, we're somehow still favourites with the bookies to win... 

Think every man and his dog would like to see Wharton for Morton, hopefully Adam did enough yesterday to stake a claim.

Best we can hope for is a 1 nil win, not getting my hopes up though.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performance was better than BBD today. 

BBD was shattered after about 10 mins today. 

if we had another striker and Thomas then I would replace BBD and Gallagher but we don't

We have Leonard who would surely be no worse than Gallagher's recent sh1t shows - it's a no brainer.

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The players are backed in the stands, that’s a given, but they need to give us a lift and at least look interested. 
There needs to be some more lung busting runs, crunching tackles, or going full on into a 50/50, instead of trying to just nick the ball off the opposition. 
If you’re down in the dumps, you can work hard to get out of it first and foremost. Slow, one paced football won’t win football matches.

• Like 8

We played better football without Brereton and Morton in the side but still struggled for goals with Gallagher in the team. Yesterday we had a team with Brereton, Morton, Gallagher and Hedges plodding about. No wonder we lost.

It's a shame Buckley got injured as I don't think Morton would be in the team. Buckley is an inconsistent player but nowhere near as poor as Morton. Morton's first instinct is to pass backwards and it's the only quick decision he makes. Going forward he takes an age to make a decision, by which time he's closed down and then it's usually a bad one. And then when he does manage to pass the ball he then stands still. Morton being on the pitch makes Travis a far worse player too.

I'd drop Brereton to the bench for Dolan, I don't agree he'd be much better upfront. I don't agree Dolan would be much better upfront either as we've tried that. The only player that could replace Gallagher is Leonard but he looks too young to be expected to suddenly become a goalscoring machine. That's a massive misfire by Gregg and co that we're going to keep suffering for.

We can't play Thomas but I'd be resistant to using Hedges as he was so poor yesterday. I don't know what the answer is there. Maybe move JRC forward into his position and Brittain at full back. Brittain looked a lot better when he came on yesterday, maybe he's fully fit now.

In short I think we're going to struggle with the same dozy foursome that cost us yesterday.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Twists and turns would be great, For that, we need to show more resilience with the pressure on.

At the moment we are heading in a one way, no turns direction.

People have an inevitable sense of deja vu as we've witnessed this scenario so often in recent seasons.

I think JDT has done well to keep us up there for this long, given the squad deficiencies.

The trend needs to be bucked on Monday.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I think, and here me out here, it might be the last two results (and performances)…

I don't think either performances was bad as we seen early in the season but no way near our best. 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We have Leonard who would surely be no worse than Gallagher's recent sh1t shows - it's a no brainer.

is Leonard ready to start? have you seen alot of him or is this just a totally guess by yourself? 

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The players are backed in the stands, that’s a given, but they need to give us a lift and at least look interested. 
There needs to be some more lung busting runs, crunching tackles, or going full on into a 50/50, instead of trying to just nick the ball off the opposition. 
If you’re down in the dumps, you can work hard to get out of it first and foremost. Slow, one paced football won’t win football matches.

Szmodics was given plenty of effort and commits whilst others looked shattered. 

Yet again its comes back to the tempo and movement lacking which is down to the players taking that responsibility to play as they should.  

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fans are getting behind them, sold out on Monday.  Big game, wonder what's going to happen with Warnock buzzing....incidently, someone you didn't want under any circumstances.

Every big game we've played this season we have bottled.

• Like 4

One area that has to hugely improve on Monday is our bravery and selection of passes. The soft option was taken far too often yesterday and was downright predictable. I don't expect it all the time but yesterday there were opportunities to switch play or play through the lines and we just didn't take them. In all the games where we have played well and won there has been a selection and range of passing particularly ones.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is Leonard ready to start? have you seen alot of him or is this just a totally guess by yourself? 

Was Wayne Rooney ready at 16, was Michael Owen ready at 17, was Rashford ready at 18 - Leonard is almost 20 and there's only one way you find out if they are ready.

Yes, I have seen Leonard play - an obvious eye for goal averaging more than a goal every two games.

IMO, Gallagher has never been great (ironically it was Coyle who got the best tune out of him) but his recent performances have been rank.

If Leonard is no better than Gallagher, Hirst, Vale etc then there really is no point in having him on our books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Last season, we were in an even better position and fell away. 

Three games ago, we had a potential trip to Wembley a game away and also were in an excellent position following a good run of form. Since, we messed up that chance of an FA Cup semi final despite being 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go, and have since come back from the 2 week break by putting in two awful performances (in line with some of the earlier in the season no shows prior to things just appearing to click) leading to 2 losses. Surely even you can appreciate why people might start worrying that we might get a season of de ja vu, of being in an excellent position and it fizzling away?

The team is being backed, we had a big crowd yesterday and contrary to some idiots, our away followings have been tremdendous. That backing is there and when people criticise on here, it doesn't warrant the "back the team" comments. They are being backed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Was Wayne Rooney ready at 16, was Michael Owen ready at 17, was Rashford ready at 18 - Leonard is almost 20 and there's only one way you find out if they are ready.

Yes, I have seen Leonard play - an obvious eye for goal averaging more than a goal every two games.

IMO, Gallagher has never been great (ironically it was Coyle who got the best tune out of him) but his recent performances have been rank.

If Leonard is no better than Gallagher, Hirst, Vale etc then there really is no point in having him on our books.

why mention any of Rooney, Owen or Rashford who are exceptional talented player in this convo? 

I think Leonard will be on the bench on Monday 

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Three games ago, we had a potential trip to Wembley a game away and also were in an excellent position following a good run of form. Since, we messed up that chance of an FA Cup semi final despite being 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go, and have since come back from the 2 week break by putting in two awful performances (in line with some of the earlier in the season no shows prior to things just appearing to click) leading to 2 losses. Surely even you can appreciate why people might start worrying that we might get a season of de ja vu, of being in an excellent position and it fizzling away?

We played very well at Sheffield United and unlucky to lose to a great strike by Doyle. Nothing to downbeat about it. 

I don't think either performance was awful at all tbh. 

We are still top 6 and its still down to what we do.. That's the positive way to look at the current situation. 

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The team is being backed, we had a big crowd yesterday and contrary to some idiots, our away followings have been tremdendous. That backing is there and when people criticise on here, it doesn't warrant the "back the team" comments. They are being backed.

Yes I know they were a big crowd there. Over 16k Rovers fans who was very good and support the team even tho they were some moments that fans got annoyed like the lack of movement in front of centre backs. Meaning the tempo dropped again. 

If I had been in the dugout against Norwich (there behaviour for a good friday was disgusting) we would have won the game. When I heard the team sheet I said I dont fancy our chances, Thomas and Dolan on the bench we got murdered down the wings, and when they were brought on when it was to late Rovers sparked into action. Lets hope the manager sees sense against Huddersfield.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I remember people saying this last weekend and no did win their games. 

Preston did, and winning again moved them to within 2 points of us. 

Rovers to lose tomorrow and still be in the top 6 at the end of the day is 49/1

Edited by Hasta