BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If he's sold in the summer it'll confirm some peoples thoughts that the club doesn't care about being promoted,what team with proper promotion ambitions would sell a player that has the ability to get you into the Prem

The club's aim to be self sustaining.

Bringing players through the academy and selling them is the plan.

Build the team around the spine of Kaminski, Carter, Hyam, Wharton, Szmodics - add a number 9, quality wingers and a proper CM partner and we’ll finish top 6 next season. 
I only expect Rovers to address maybe max one of those areas though

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The club's aim to be self sustaining.

Bringing players through the academy and selling them is the plan.

You’d get bugger all for him in the summer in the grand scheme of things. Surely be more in the club’s interest to keep him for at least another season. Bigger fee and who knows he could’ve helped us become a PL club.

But as den says, if he wants to go, he’ll go, be it this summer or down the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I didn’t say don’t use the money, simply to lose Wharton totally would be very sad. A Blackburn lad who supports the club and is as talented as he is, should at least have a couple of seasons with us to enjoy him. 

I think you may have understood me, I meant loan Adam back if we end up having to sell him.

Ok fair enough but I wouldn't contemplate selling him before he's fulfilled much more of his potential and we get shedloads for him. He's in contract till 2027 so no hurry. I'm realistic to know we'll lose both him and Philips at some point but if we don't get enough for both either to get promotion or stay up then what's it all for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

Clubs will be in for him this summer, I’m pretty sure of that. Ultimately whether he moves or not will really be his decision. The only input rovers would have is the fee.

His contract goes for another 4 years. Till then we hold the cards. Best way to make a bomb from him is to get promoted and for him to star in the Premiership.

44 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If he's sold in the summer it'll confirm some peoples thoughts that the club doesn't care about being promoted,what team with proper promotion ambitions would sell a player that has the ability to get you into the Prem

But that money could be reinvested in the squad to bring 4 or 5 quality players. 

As @davulsukursays The club's aim to be self sustaining aswell. Look at Norwich when they sold Maddison and Murphy but get promote that season as they reinvested the money they got. Brentford again with selling ,Benrahma Maupay and Watkins but then get promote with Toney. 

58 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

To be fair to the club, they didn't sell Brereton-Diaz or Rothwell when they could have. Nor Lenihan and Nyambe.

The club should look to keep it's best players but part of the strategy must be selling now and again, when appropriate, and reinvesting. I'm not sure the club has such a strategy - or, else, I can't see it, because to me, selling Lenihan was an obvious move because he was arguably at a replaceable level. Diaz and Rothwell are more arguable, especially, as they were central to hopes of promotion, at those times, but letting them leave on a free comes at a big cost.

Wharton's on a contract until 2024, with the notorious year option (which, if exercised and the player is any good, means they are almost certainly leaving). An extension should be on the cards this summer. The year option can give a false sense of security but, invariably, if it is exercised and no new contract agreed by then, it means the club are unsure of the player or vice versa.

Edited by riverholmes

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

His contract goes for another 4 years. Till then we hold the cards. Best way to make a bomb from him is to get promoted and for him to star in the Premiership.

Yeah, I’m aware of his contract. 

6 minutes ago, den said:

Yeah, I’m aware of his contract. 

Well we have erratic owners but with 4 years left on his contract we would be insane to let him go this summer. He''ll play no part in any bid for promotion and we'd get the lowest fee possible.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Wel we have erratic owners but with 4 years left on his contract we would be insane to let him go this summer. He''ll play no part in any bid for promotion and we'd get the lowest fee possible.

we have owners who are stubborn and I would be surprised if they sold him for less than 20 to 25 million plus

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ok fair enough but I wouldn't contemplate selling him before he's fulfilled much more of his potential and we get shedloads for him. He's in contract till 2027 so no hurry. I'm realistic to know we'll lose both him and Philips at some point but if we don't get enough for both either to get promotion or stay up then what's it all for?

I agree and I was just saying, it could happen. It’s the last thing I want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But that money could be reinvested in the squad to bring 4 or 5 quality players. 

As @davulsukursays The club's aim to be self sustaining aswell. Look at Norwich when they sold Maddison and Murphy but get promote that season as they reinvested the money they got. Brentford again with selling ,Benrahma Maupay and Watkins but then get promote with Toney. 

Not based on its actions it isnt.

• Like 3