BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Personally I would have taken Wharton to the under 21s euros. He's better than Ramsey and jones

You think he’s better than Jacob Ramsey and Curtis Jones? He may be in time, but at the minute he definitely isn’t…..

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Personally I would have taken Wharton to the under 21s euros. He's better than Ramsey and jones

Agreed but we would all have been gutted had he got injured in such a relatively meaningless trophy.

I am being very parochial but I think there is a more than decent chance Adam will be the stand out player in the Championship next season and we want him to be available for as many Rovers games as we can get from him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Adam Wharton is the second coming of Tugay so Tugay chat should be allowed

I noticed Hakan Sukur has been exiled to the USA due to a falling out with Gundogan or Erdogan.

Do you think if Adam Wharton was Turkish, he'd be like Hakan? 🤔 Or should Hakan ask, "What would Adam do?"

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think there's a small chance we'll sell him.

If you're sure he's going, what price is he going at - minimum price?

I've no idea, I think it is very difficult to figure out how much he is worth/other teams will pay. I certainly don't think anyone will bid anything like the £20m banded around.

My worry is that we are clearly anticipating sales, Broughton made that clear. People talk about selling Gallagher, Travis, Dolan, Edun etc, but they IMO would all fail to attract either interest or certainly a significant fee. The most likely sales are the ones other teams will actually want, Kaminski will be off but even he probably wont generate a big fee.

If the only sale that would generate enough to give us a decent sum in the market, I would still decline as he is so important to us and his value will only go up. I really hope he stays.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Plus England Under 21 call ups will likely diminish further the small chance of us keeping him this summer.

And yeah, he isnt better than Jones or Ramsey.

Small chance of keeping him?

They wouldn't sell Brererton or Rothwell with only a year on their deals but you reckon we only have a small chance of keeping Wharton?

I'd be inclined to believe Broughton that only a ridiculous offer would tempt the club, but we won't get those offers for him this summer.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They wouldn't sell Brererton or Rothwell with only a year on their deals but you reckon we only have a small chance of keeping Wharton?

I'd be inclined to believe Broughton that only a ridiculous offer would tempt the club, but we won't get those offers for him this summer.

The second paragraph assumptions implies that Venkys are logical people.

We are clearly planning on making sales to generate funds, Broughton said as much. And I dont personally really see anyone else in the squad likely to generate much of a fee.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The second paragraph assumptions implies that Venkys are logical people.

We are clearly planning on making sales to generate funds, Broughton said as much. And I dont personally really see anyone else in the squad likely to generate much of a fee.

Are we clearly doing that though.

He said if we want to pay a transfer fee it would have to come from selling a player.Maybe it will be loans and free transfers only ,like a number of other teams in the championship.Or lower cost permanent deals by shifting some of our deadwood. 

I don't see us selling Wharton unless someone does take a risk and pays big money,and I mean more than £10 million

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, goozburger said:

I noticed Hakan Sukur has been exiled to the USA due to a falling out with Gundogan or Erdogan.

Do you think if Adam Wharton was Turkish, he'd be like Hakan? 🤔 Or should Hakan ask, "What would Adam do?"

An Uber driver in LA nowadays, apparently…

On 23/05/2023 at 19:35, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, he’s got great balance. I’m impressed most by his decision making. It’s instant and he rarely gets it wrong.

Agreed. And he can do it with his back to the oncoming player, almost seamlessly.

Really does look to be a special talent and seems a good lad as well, from how he comes across in the media/etc.

Has all of the ingredients, for sure.

• Like 2

Rovers will have a price at which an offer for Adam will get referred to Pune. Below that, the answer is no and every poster on here should know that.

Gregg Broughton has indicated that whatever that number is for Adam, it is already something astronomical.

We know what happened to offers for BBD which were under 15 million and he went for free, and Adam is on a 5 year contract.

My concern currently is Newcastle have a transfer budget of at least 100m but for some reason are wage restricted. That's a recipe for a big cash offer for a 19 year old.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2023 at 19:30, islander200 said:

Depends who has the final say. The owners have previously played hardball on player valuations but everything Broughton has said since arriving at the Club suggests he wants to turn us into the Championship equivalent of Crewe Alexandra -right from his very first interview.

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As it’s the owners that employ him , we’ll only turn into Crewe if they want us to, no?

Or if they're not paying enough attention and being led down the garden path again.

Disclaimer: Even if that was the case that doesn't make them good owners before people accuse me of defending them again.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If they are still not paying attention and are still ‘being led down the garden path’ after *thirteen* years then maybe, just maybe, this might not ever work out…

Looking increasingly unlikely I'd agree.

On 24/05/2023 at 21:09, islander200 said:

I don't see us selling Wharton unless someone does take a risk and pays big money,and I mean more than £10 million

If we sell him for less than double that, we aren't doing this right. (Entirely possible of course)

• Like 3

Couple of interesting bits from this article.

Firstly, I forgot Wharton damaged his ankle ligaments half-way through the season. Let's hope that doesn't become a recurring issue! My ligaments are buggered, and it sucks, but at least they don't earn my salary as I sit on my arse all day.

Secondly, Sharpe suggests that Wharton struggled to fulfil 90 minutes during his U21 days. Perhaps that's why we saw more of Morton than Wharton this season; his fitness levels might have needed some geeing up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ADAM WHARTON…7.5

Continues to shine in the middle of the pitch and made it look effortless at times against the Hornets. Very rarely misplaces a pass and every attack seemed to come through the youngster, who is proving he can be effective in a deeper role

Review from yesterday's game. Looks like he should be our main man in cm this season now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

ADAM WHARTON…7.5

Continues to shine in the middle of the pitch and made it look effortless at times against the Hornets. Very rarely misplaces a pass and every attack seemed to come through the youngster, who is proving he can be effective in a deeper role

Review from yesterday's game. Looks like he should be our main man in cm this season now?

There's absolutely no doubt about his talent but his passing hasn't been up to scratch yet this season.

• Like 2