BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

On the ball he's as good as they come, definitely room for improvement off it tho -  tackling etc

You could have said that about the likes of pirlo and tugay, they never did learn that side of the game did they.......... 

Come on man, brilliant players dont need to tackle and track back.

Edited by AAK

7 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Well Grealish just created two goals...

Thought he actually made us disjointed though. Hanging onto the ball for an eternity every time he touched it. Though obviously I'm being bias as it was annoying me when he wouldn't pass to Adam.

On his debut I thought he did well. Difficult to do when the game is being played at such a pedestrian pace. But he played some good incisive balls forward and as always didn't look out of place. Super Adam Wharton is a class act.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

On the ball he's as good as they come, definitely room for improvement off it tho -  tackling etc

Needs to develop a bit physically and he will be an all round defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

My gut instinct (and this could be my beers and rose tinted glasses) is that he makes the squad and I think he gets minutes at the euros. We don't have another player like him in the squad.

I wonder if TAA starts in midfield and Wharton is his back up if we need something different. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

You could have said that about the likes of pirlo and tugay, they never did learn that side of the game did they.......... 

Come on man, brilliant players dont need to tackle and track back.

But world-class players do it anyway.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I thought twice he disguised his passes so well his team mates didn't see them.

Class above.

I think JDT referenced how well he disguised his passes. 

He looks to have filled out a bit too since he left us. He looked stronger in his running too. Scary to think how good he can be once he physically matures to his max. 

• Like 2

Adam never gets caught on the ball. He doesn’t hold it long enough. He’s controlled it, seen his pass and moved it before anyone can get near him.

Best young midfielder Rovers have brought through since Ronnie Clayton?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, den said:

Adam never gets caught on the ball. He doesn’t hold it long enough. He’s controlled it, seen his pass and moved it before anyone can get near him.

Best young midfielder Rovers have brought through since Ronnie Clayton?

It’s his decision making that makes him stand out. He knows where the ball is going next before he receives it.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Southgate has said that he’s been honest with the new members of the squad regarding their chances. I don’t think he’ll make the final 26 as Southgate won’t want to take the risk.

He’ll also take more defenders to cover for Maguire/Shaw’s injuries until they’re available in the latter group games.

Edited by Polky

19 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

A lot of players who are praised for their off the ball work aren’t great on it. Wharton will never need to run around like a headless chicken because he reads the game so well.

Faultless cameo. Get him on that plane.

• Like 7