BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

Has the opportunity to cement his place in the starting eleven. His one touch passing will increase England's tempo. Southgate himself says it allows England to play a way they haven't been able to for eight years. Great credit to JDT for playing Adam in this position.

• Like 3

On 05/06/2024 at 15:43, Leonard Venkhater said:

Palace......fcking Palace... and stuff The Dave Clark Five too!

The phantom of 1989.

Exactly.. I hate palace

Any rovers fan that doesn't don't know the clubs history

• Like 2

Let's put something to bed.

In the 2nd leg at Palace Courtney had a mare and we were bloody useless.

I was there, we were shit. I know my history, I fecking witnessed it.

Palace just won a game where their opponents didn't show up.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

True, but never in a million years was it a penalty 😡

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lot of truth in this. A friend spoke to Don after the game he was shocked. Didn't think the boys would let him down like that.

Declan Rice on 20-year-old midfielder Adam Wharton: "I think there's a difference, you can see in players who are top level players at 20 and players that are on the cusp of stuff.

"And he's top level. He sees a pass early, left and right foot. It's impressive the way he passes a ball. Whether it's five or ten yards, there's just a crispness to it. Really impressive. Calm, composed, relaxed.

"You speak to the Crystal Palace boys about him, he's shocked them on how well he's done.

"But he's 20-years-old, it's his first tournament. It's so important we don’t put too much pressure on him. Let him flourish and England are going to have an amazing midfielder to come through for the next 15 years

High praise from a world class player 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, den said:

A Rolls Royce.

our owners, chairman etc didn’t see it and didn’t even try to keep him here at least a bit longer. What does that say about rovers future and ambition? 

Shocking. Why do they think Blackburn Rovers exists? It exists to win as many football games as it possibly can. - or it used to do. Not now. It’s just a club going through the motions.

Pleased as punch for Adam and I’ll be watching his every pass and move. Won’t get over the anger though.

venkys don`t want us promoted,through the years,that has become crystal clear

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

palace were absolutely dire in the first leg,even my dad,who was an absolute pessimist was certain we`de go up,iv`e never been so devasted after a match,even when england lost to west germany in 1990

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Agree with u on most but Wharton is destined for far higher than Palace. He'll be a bayern or man city player in the next couple of years

He won’t be at Palace this time next year. If he impresses at the Euros he might not even be there next season. Given the current fad for playing out from the back players like Wharton are worth their weight in gold.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He won’t be at Palace this time next year. If he impresses at the Euros he might not even be there next season.

he`ll end up at spurs or arsenal,probably the latter,he`s got the style and passing range that suits the arsenal way

• Like 2

Really pleased for Adam, lets hope he gets game time this summer and he won't let anyone down.

I think it's important to acknowledge the work that JDT put in last year, to improve Adam's weaker areas.
Meant he had to spend a period of time out of the squad, but look how much he came on.

• Like 7

Broughton with some decent framed pictures up in his gaff whilst being interviewed on Sky Sports. Pulp and the Smiths! quality music taste Gregg the Egg! he’s gone back up in my estimation lol

Having Wharton in the squad has made me even more excited for the Euros now, bring it on!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Amazing rise from Adam in the last 6 months. I knew we'd lost a top talent but I'm surprised just how quickly he's become noticed. Playing with better players has obviously allowed his play style to flourish. 

He'll be worth £50-60m already now. Even more if he gets a few games at the euros. Shrewd business from Palace to effectively triple his value in 6 months. 

He's the sort of player Guardiola and Arteta will like the look of.

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

Happy for Wharton. Of course it was inevitable that he would leave Rovers relatively soon, but the way he was sold to the first and lowest bidder was disgusting. The Venkys are scumbags and so is Waggott and their other degenerate henchmen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

venkys don`t want us promoted,through the years,that has become crystal clear

palace were absolutely dire in the first leg,even my dad,who was an absolute pessimist was certain we`de go up,iv`e never been so devasted after a match,even when england lost to west germany in 1990

I'm still not over that but I blame Courtney and ourselves more than Palace.

• Like 1