BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

Delighted for Adam Wharton and his family. We all know his quality and I think him joining Palace was a good move cos he has shown his worth by actually playing in the PL and not sitting on the bench or being loan out back to Championship club

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Let's put something to bed.

In the 2nd leg at Palace Courtney had a mare and we were bloody useless.

I was there, we were shit. I know my history, I fecking witnessed it.

Palace just won a game where their opponents didn't show up.

Totally agree, I was there too, and even though Courtney had a mare he certainly paid us back in the play off final with Leicester. Certainly not a penalty fo Palace but for sure good old Speedie didn’t need to con George too much. Ask any Leicester fan to comment on the penalty he gave us. 

• Like 3

You can get 50/1 on Adam to win the Young Player of the Tournament award.

So long as Southgate is brave enough to start him in the first or second group game I think he is a shoo-in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

You can get 50/1 on Adam to win the Young Player of the Tournament award.

So long as Southgate is brave enough to start him in the first or second group game I think he is a shoo-in.

Bellingham will win that award

Don't see Wharton starting at all

Sadly true. He is arguably at least as good as anyone we have beside Rice in there, it would be a huge shame to see Gallagher ahead of him. Mainoo I would somewhat understand, Trent again as a bit of a curveball although that would be a risk.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seems like Southgate is truly wowed by Wharton's supreme abilities.  He has said he gives England another dimension they haven't had for 7 or 8 years - make no mistake, Wharton isn't going just for the ride.

I think he will start against Serbia alongside Rice with Bellingham playing a more advanced role.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Totally agree, I was there too, and even though Courtney had a mare he certainly paid us back in the play off final with Leicester. Certainly not a penalty fo Palace but for sure good old Speedie didn’t need to con George too much. Ask any Leicester fan to comment on the penalty he gave us. 

I could only watch the Leicester game on TV from afar.

My family was represented though at the playoff final by 6 STs that I'd made Rovers fans. Most still are!

Courtney payback day.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

First team debut outside the PL and first full England cap within 2 years. When was the last time that happened?

Edited by Mike E

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where’s the faith?

He’s as good a chance of any of the other midfielders of starting alongside Declan Rice. 

The steps up to first team football v Hartlepool, Championship v Blackpool, Premier League at Palace and now International Football have all been a breeze for him so why would the Euros be any different?

He was still 7/1 to start the first game last time I looked, down from 20/1 on Monday. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Seems like Southgate is truly wowed by Wharton's supreme abilities.  He has said he gives England another dimension they haven't had for 7 or 8 years - make no mistake, Wharton isn't going just for the ride.

I think he will start against Serbia alongside Rice with Bellingham playing a more advanced role.

Southgate can see what we can see. The lad can change defence into attack with one pass and he can do it consistently. What was it the other night, 36 successful passes out of 36 ! This is at international level after coming on as a sub on his debut. Players who can do that in the modern game are golden. If he was Spanish he’d be playing every game.

• Like 4

Players like this come thru once a generation for a club like ours. We had him for 18 months, did FA with him and then sold as quick as we could to the first bidder, a mid table also-ran who ain't won jack in their entire history. For barely £20m. Everton sold their generational talent for £30m 20 bloody years ago.

FU venkys

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Some pundits recognise talent like Jamie o'hara who bigged him up. 

Jamie O'Hara is an after timer, in January, he'll have had zero clue who Wharton was, none of these pundits did.

They're blind to anything below the top 20 teams in the country.

Christ there's 'reporters' still proclaiming he's 'backup to Rice' - I understand the premise, but he can play all 3 central positions, not just 1.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Jamie O'Hara is an after timer, in January, he'll have had zero clue who Wharton was, none of these pundits did.

They're blind to anything below the top 20 teams in the country.

Christ there's 'reporters' still proclaiming he's 'backup to Rice' - I understand the premise, but he can play all 3 central positions, not just 1.

Yeah seen that from Rob Dorsett on sky.He had Wharton as one of the players being dropped from the squad yesterday 

Clueless 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Players like this come thru once a generation for a club like ours. We had him for 18 months, did FA with him and then sold as quick as we could to the first bidder, a mid table also-ran who ain't won jack in their entire history. For barely £20m. Everton sold their generational talent for £30m 20 bloody years ago.

FU venkys

And then you get Everton talking about £60 to £80 million for Branthwaite who didn’t even make the cut ! Who will win you more games - Wharton or Branthwaite ? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Let's put something to bed.

In the 2nd leg at Palace Courtney had a mare and we were bloody useless.

I was there, we were shit. I know my history, I fecking witnessed it.

Palace just won a game where their opponents didn't show up.

I was there. We didn't show up.....but..... that Courtney decision was crucial.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roverandout said:

Rice basically called him a generational talent 

But we all knew that, didn't we?

Everyone in the club has been saying that for years..and yet...another cheap sale, by a club "management" team, that pulls their own pants down.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was there. We didn't show up.....but..... that Courtney decision was crucial.

The missed penalty in the first leg was crucial. If we'd gone 3-0 up at that point Palace were on the point of collapse - we could have gone on to score a couple more and put the tie to bed. I know SG scored late on to restore the 2 goal lead but the momentum had already changed. Down at Palace we undoubtedly bottled it - but how different it might have been but for the penalty we'll never know.

• Like 3