BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Managers say this stuff all the time. Of course they want to protect their job and/or reputation so they can get a new job if needs be… and it’s not just in football, politicians engage in it too - ‘expectation management’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Loved the time added on today. It’s abit over the top st the minute but players will soon realise it’s a pointless endeavour to waste time and it will come back down to a normal amount of added time but all this time wasting needs to be stopped . Short term pain for massive gains imo and let’s be honest who doesn’t like more football 😁

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Loved the time added on today. It’s abit over the top st the minute but players will soon realise it’s a pointless endeavour to waste time and it will come back down to a normal amount of added time but all this time wasting needs to be stopped . Short term pain for massive gains imo and let’s be honest who doesn’t like more football 😁

I didn’t think the second half was that bad for time wasting yesterday. If that warrants 9 minutes there will be games that end up with an extra 20!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

My only fear with the rule change is we’ll somehow turn matches like Coventry and PNE into defeats rather than draws 😂.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I didn’t think the second half was that bad for time wasting yesterday. If that warrants 9 minutes there will be games that end up with an extra 20!

Exactly, shows what we’ve become accustomed to with the ball being out of play!

It's a case of be careful what you wish for at Qpr. He hadn't been perfect at Qpr but Les Ferdinand had at least been steering them in the right direction. 

He was strongly opposed to the appointment but meddling board members brought in Ainsworth and Ferdinand then left at the start of the summer after all the deals he had lined up were over ruled. 

Now look at them. They had a squad with young technical players, some of whom have been sold on the cheap. They have a manager who is absolute dross and quite frankly, a bit weird. A manager who only knows how to play route one football which doesn't suit his squad.

We're a day into the new season and it'd be the correct decision to sack him. Major life saving surgery needed as they're a dead cert for relegation. 

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Ainsworth. QPR were pretty bad before he came, and now they look terrible. 

He needs signings that suits his style of play and how he plays. Big 25 days for them has a club looking from the outside. Ainsworth has a style of play that's he plays and won't change it. 

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

It's a case of be careful what you wish for at Qpr. He hadn't been perfect at Qpr but Les Ferdinand had at least been steering them in the right direction. 

He was strongly opposed to the appointment but meddling board members brought in Ainsworth and Ferdinand then left at the start of the summer after all the deals he had lined up were over ruled. 

I didn't know that about Ainsworth appointment or that Ferdinand wasn't in favour of it

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Now look at them. They had a squad with young technical players, some of whom have been sold on the cheap. They have a manager who is absolute dross and quite frankly, a bit weird. A manager who only knows how to play route one football which doesn't suit his squad. We're a day into the new season and it'd be the correct decision to sack him. Major life saving surgery needed as they're a dead cert for relegation.

Exactly why they have 2 choices back Ainsworth with some signings that's suits his style or change of manager. This is why I have repeatably say you bring in a manager that's suits your players and playing style

Edited by chaddyrovers

On paper, the Leicester lineup is absolute madness and they’ve tried to play in a progressive way but I think they’re very fortunate to be up here against Coventry.

Ellis Simms is an £8m paperweight, cannot see him scoring and have no idea how Everton have got that kind of fee for him. I simply don’t know what any scout has ever seen in his play.

I think Leicester away is late in the season, but I would absolutely fancy ourselves against them.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Thought Leicester looked pretty dangerous going forward, but were giving Coventry a lot of space in the middle of the park and were all at sea at times defensively. Can certainly see teams with better forward lines punishing them if they don't tighten up.

No idea what Coventry were doing in the final few minutes. Instead of getting it into the box they just passed it around at the edge of the area until they lost possession. I guess that's the modern way of playing but it wasn't effective in the slightest. Poor debut for Simms, going to need to improve tenfold if he has any chance of justifying the £8m spent on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't know that about Ainsworth appointment or that Ferdinand wasn't in favour of it

The goings on around Qpr are the one thing in football that I'm semi itk about. Ferdinand brought in Michael Beale and when he ditched them it was very unexpected. Critchley didn't work out at all and by that point the board panicked and took it into their own hands overruling Ferdinand. Essentially they listened to the fans. Club legend and all that. But one that played a style which was not suited to the Qpr players in the slightest.

Players are jumping ship as there is zero faith amongst them that Ainsworth has any sort of idea. The best thing they could have done is sacked him at half time yesterday. The big issue is though that with Ferdinand gone, there's nobody above the manager with a clear vision. 

When Ferdinand left he said he'd made mistakes at times. Was influenced by the fans with some of his decisions. But generally speaking they were usually all pulling in the same direction. I don't think Ferdinand did the best job, but the over riding of him and complete change in philosophy by bringing in Ainsworth has been suicidal. The club should be in panic mode already because as it stands they look like a dead cert for relegation.

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It was over before it started…

No matter what happens with QPR, I'm sure everyone except QPR fans would agree his appointment was worth it just for this video. It's like a scene from a footballing version of The Office.

• Like 2