BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

5 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

Apparently, Leeds owe £190m in unpaid transfer fees, a legacy of the previous regime. I suspect they will be selling a lot of players in the close season, but any clubs looking at their "big 4" forwards today might think twice. How on earth did Summerville get player of the year over Sammie?

For the teams that do make the premier league, you would think it’s the end of their money problems, but it often isn’t.

Plenty think if we get there, things will be okay, but would they? 

9 hours ago, pentelrobot said:

Apparently, Leeds owe £190m in unpaid transfer fees, a legacy of the previous regime. I suspect they will be selling a lot of players in the close season, but any clubs looking at their "big 4" forwards today might think twice. How on earth did Summerville get player of the year over Sammie?

Summerville has been poor over the past couple of months. Gnonto was poor, Piroe ineffective.

James did ok when he came on and I rate Ampadu. Overall a team non performance but unlucky when James hit the crossbar and Soton only scored one but they went into defending and time wasting early doors and Leeds had no answer.

5 hours ago, lraC said:

For the teams that do make the premier league, you would think it’s the end of their money problems, but it often isn’t.

I suspect once you go up, so do all your costs.

Didn't a Dingle chairman/owner say something along these lines a few years ago?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lraC said:

With the Chicken Chokers in charge ?  It’ll always be a shit show.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 hours ago, lraC said:

No need for us to worry about that. We know the owners will sabotage any chance of us ever getting there.

6 hours ago, lraC said:

47 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I suspect once you go up, so do all your costs.

Didn't a Dingle chairman/owner say something along these lines a few years ago?

Should be a fantastic boost to a club both financially and structurally provided you have the executive management in place who know just what the feck they are doing.

Sensible player trading, sensible contracts with relegation clauses and sensible plans to improve the club structurally (stadium, training ground etc).

If the worse comes to the worse and you are relegated, you are stronger all round as a club than when you were when last in the Championship and not financially hamstrung and have a great opportunity to bounce right back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I'm not saying it's the right or wrong way but the best way. Um, I think by saying it is the best way then by definition you are saying its the right way. English not his strong point. 

Anyway fair play to the guy on his achievement. He now has as many successes as Owen Coyle to go with all the dross. Well done. A managerial legend in the making. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I'm not saying it's the right or wrong way but the best way. Um, I think by saying it is the best way then by definition you are saying its the right way. English not his strong point. 

Anyway fair play to the guy on his achievement. He now has as many successes as Owen Coyle to go with all the dross. Well done. A managerial legend in the making. 

Yesterday they had 42.6% possession.

Does he think a single Saints fan went away saying  ‘that wasn’t the way to win’?

What a plonker.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t think mr wonderfull martin will be so smug when the sharks of the premier league are putting 4 and 5 past southampton,bloke is so conceited he`ll think he can get them to the top half easily playing his way

Unless I’ve missed something, he’s the only one of the promoted managers not being linked to the Chelsea job.

His wonderfulness appears to be solely in his own head.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Leeds really are falling apart.

Yikes.

Assume they'll somehow avoid any penalties for the coming season, whereas Rovers "can't invest" and "have to sell" Sammie Szmodics just to keep the lights on.

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yikes.

Assume they'll somehow avoid any penalties for the coming season, whereas Rovers "can't invest" and "have to sell" Sammie Szmodics just to keep the lights on.

What would they receive a penalty for?

They appear to be inside the allowable losses for the last three accounting periods (given they were in the PL)

No doubt a much weaker championship next season than it was last season. In fact, I'd say it could be one of the weakest we've seen for some time with many clubs struggling financially.

From the teams coming down; Sheff Utd are in dire straits, Luton will be decent but don't have any real stars, and Burnley will be losing their manager very shortly. The ones going up are far stronger than the ones coming down.

Leeds will have to sell off all their best players and may even get a points deduction, so they'll be average next season. Norwich and West Brom must  be coming to the end of any kind of parachute payments, so large wage bills and no parachute payments is not a good scenario.

Derby and Portsmouth will be OK but nothing special. Oxford wiill play nice football but struggle. Birmingham and Huddersfield are big clubs that have gone down.

If we can get the recruitment right, we have a big chance of operating at the right end of the table again next season. Huge IF though.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Hah, yeah, a legend in his own mind for sure. Getting a parachute club up means absolutely nothing. Scott Parker did it twice. 

Getting a Luton or a Brentford or an Ipswich up, fair enough, pat yourself on the back. When you've got a massive financial advantage over everyone else though? Just comes across as a bit insecure. Say what you want about Mowbray, but when we got promoted from League 1 he quite rightly pointed out it would have been embarrassing not to go up with the financial advantage we had. No crowing about our football being "the best way". 

For the record, the best way is the way that gains the most points. Not that you'd think so with some of the bizarre managerial appointments being made recently. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

No doubt a much weaker championship next season than it was last season. In fact, I'd say it could be one of the weakest we've seen for some time with many clubs struggling financially.

From the teams coming down; Sheff Utd are in dire straits, Luton will be decent but don't have any real stars, and Burnley will be losing their manager very shortly. The ones going up are far stronger than the ones coming down.

Leeds will have to sell off all their best players and may even get a points deduction, so they'll be average next season. Norwich and West Brom must  be coming to the end of any kind of parachute payments, so large wage bills and no parachute payments is not a good scenario.

Derby and Portsmouth will be OK but nothing special. Oxford wiill play nice football but struggle. Birmingham and Huddersfield are big clubs that have gone down.

If we can get the recruitment right, we have a big chance of operating at the right end of the table again next season. Huge IF though.

Think Luton might be losing their manager too, possibly to Ipswich if rumours are to be believed. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Think Luton might be losing their manager too, possibly to Ipswich if rumours are to be believed. 

The Ipswich manager is staying is he not?

57 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I think the Championship will be better balance to it. 

I think Luton and Sheff Utd will be strong. Edwards has a very good team ready for Championship football and Wilder will get a team together that can challenge at the top end of the league. Dingles, god knows, new manager coming there maybe Cooper or Lampard from reports today. 

West Brom might lost their head coach to Leicester so that could be another change. Norwich are close to appointing a manager from Denmark(I think) who is 35 years old. 

I also think alot will depends on recruitment of every team and which players they lose. 

Looking forward to fixtures coming out on 26th of June