BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

11 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66726456

Man Utd the biggest net spenders in world football in last decade, by some distance, to the tune of over £1.3b.

And they've won the same as us in that time. 

Mind boggling.

Didn't they win the Uefa cup?

But yeah, they're buying the league like they always did but don't seem to understand anymore that you actually have to pick up the trophy for it to be a success.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Man Utd the biggest net spenders in world football in last decade, by some distance, to the tune of over £1.3b.

Mind boggling.

1 x Europa League, 1 x FA Cup, 2 x League Cup wins

But I get your point, not much return for the investment. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Mind boggling.

Haha, that's my mind playing proper tricks on me!!

As pointed out above though, the sentiment still stands!

23 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Everton are on the verge of being sold; BBC: Moshiri selling to US investment firm

Their fans have been agitating for this, let's see what happens.

USA investment firms are in it to make money and tellingly once the sale goes through half of current Prem clubs will be owned by Americans. 

Apparently the people buying it own a host of other clubs abit like the city model and their fans have been protesting to get them out. Media experts saying as bad as moshiri has been this could end up worse

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Apparently the people buying it own a host of other clubs abit like the city model and their fans have been protesting to get them out. Media experts saying as bad as moshiri has been this could end up worse

The fans are already enraged, they'll meltdown if that happens. 

I've been very critical of Everton's haphazard signings over the past few years, but after reading this ESPN article Man U may have them beat; ESPN UK; Man Utd mess

They paid big money and doled out massive contracts to a whole host of bad players. Long may it continue may I add. 

From paying daft money for Di Maria, giving perma injured Phil Jones a new 4 year deal, panic buying van de Beek and never playing him adds up to millions lost. 

If the Antony stories are true that will be him gone too. They handled the Greenwod exit badly so they'll try to "fix" the issue.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Add to that Sancho is now training with the kids after his twitter (sorry 'X') outburst.

Yep. Another £70+ million down the drain. 

I don't know what has gone on with him. He had the world at his feet a few years ago. He's never looked right at Man U. He put on weight, looked listless, lost his England spot, and then decided that fighting with the manager would work in his favour. Ten Hag got rid of Ronaldo, what made Sancho think he'd have a chance?

He should have stayed at Dortmund for longer. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2023 at 16:56, Oldgregg86 said:

Fingers crossed it's a disaster, they deserve it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Yep. Another £70+ million down the drain. 

I don't know what has gone on with him. He had the world at his feet a few years ago. He's never looked right at Man U. He put on weight, looked listless, lost his England spot, and then decided that fighting with the manager would work in his favour. Ten Hag got rid of Ronaldo, what made Sancho think he'd have a chance?

He should have stayed at Dortmund for longer. 

I just think ,he is a kid at Chelsea with a bit of talent...Sold for ridiculous fee cos he comes from Chelsea....A good season in the Bundesliga is not the Premier league...

Peggy Mount will be the next one ! Hi

Edited by Waggy76

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I just think ,he is a kid at Chelsea with a bit of talent...Sold for ridiculous fee cos he comes from Chelsea....A good season in the Bundesliga is not the Premier league...

Peggy Mount will be the next one ! Hi

He started at Man City but same rule applies..

• Moderation Lead

The Liverpool defending for that Wolves goal was practically non-existent.

Neto ran through 3 of them when there was nothing on and Robertson was asleep at the far post.
Such a preventable goal.

Brighton win against Man U with Welbeck leading the line and players I’ve not heard of before like a German international midfielder Dahoud (admittedly, probably as I don’t follow the league too closely) - and Steele in goal. It’s so impressive - albeit, it’s just the start of the season and things can flip very quickly.

van Hecke seems to have broken into the first team and it’ll be interesting and somewhat galling to see how far he goes. Had we made some money on some of the players we’ve let go for free, could we have tempted Brighton into a sale when the player didn’t seem high in the pecking order? I guess unlikely but you never know.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

It looks bad from Kaminski but if I was defending him, he is rooted to near his line when the ball comes into the 6 yard box but a defender throws himself to try to block the cross with his head and there is always a risk with that that it gets a nick and goes flying in by the near post, so, perhaps, understandable that he stands his ground. Then once it gets into the 6 yard box he's got to throw himself at it - or a defender's got to claim the ball and clear. 

But I'm not a goalie, so might well be well off the mark.

Kaminski bought for an undisclosed but suggested £2.5m and Arsenal have a £30m reserve goalie. It says a lot about the glorious Premier League (and, perhaps, wider than that).

Edited by riverholmes