BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they do blow Ten Hag out who do they get ? The guy at Spurs is doing a good job there but going to Old Trafford is a big step up. I honestly think Utd have got themselves into the position were nobody can save them.

I deffo don't see why Ange Postecoglou would want to leave Spurs for Man Utd when Spurs are on the up, great stadium and training facilities compare to United. 

United could turn to Hansi Flick, Unai Emery, Julen Lopetegui. I did read that Graham Potter could replace Ten Hag I read the other day. 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

@chaddyrovers It’s not that deep. Maddison is better than Mount at football and has been since they’ve both been around. Even a blind man on a galloping horse can see that. Compare their numbers season upon season and it’s embarrassing for those that want to defend Mount tbh.

never said otherwise tho did I. 

Yes, Man United staying in this seeming drunken stagger of an existence is fine by me too. Them losing will never not be funny and the fact that their transfer policies of the last few years have gone about as badly as was possible is the cherry atop a mighty fine cake.

Them winning the League Cup last year to seemingly steady their ship and instead just sinking again makes it that bit sweeter really.

TL;DR: Fuck Man United 

• Like 7

It doesn't look like things are going to get any better for the Rags in the short to mid term either. This prolonged take over (or part take over) is really dragging on and it seems that Ratcliffe is looking to set up some sort of football committee of he gets the 25% he wants. One of this committee will be Dave Brailsford who was extremely successful with the Sky and Ineos (there's the connection) cycling teams. Personally I think it will be doomed to failure as moving people from different sports backgrounds is extremely difficult particularly somebody moving into football. I remember Clive Woodward being appointed as Technical Director of Southampton and trying to implement rugby ideas which failed. Anyhow whichever way it goes for the Rags I'm enjoying the moment. Between them and Burnley losing it certainly takes the edge off a Rovers defeat.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It doesn't look like things are going to get any better for the Rags in the short to mid term either. This prolonged take over (or part take over) is really dragging on and it seems that Ratcliffe is looking to set up some sort of football committee of he gets the 25% he wants. One of this committee will be Dave Brailsford who was extremely successful with the Sky and Ineos (there's the connection) cycling teams. Personally I think it will be doomed to failure as moving people from different sports backgrounds is extremely difficult particularly somebody moving into football. I remember Clive Woodward being appointed as Technical Director of Southampton and trying to implement rugby ideas which failed. Anyhow whichever way it goes for the Rags I'm enjoying the moment. Between them and Burnley losing it certainly takes the edge off a Rovers defeat.

Brailsford is already involved in football with Ratcliffe other owned footballing teams.  

Neville is hard work to listen too when it comes to United because he cant avoid reverting back to discussing the Glazers.

That might sound rich because we know full well that the owners are invariably responsible for anything. But even yesterday, he tried to shut down Carragher for questioning the fact that there is no discernable style of play.

And obviously it isnt comparable to us. Venkys slash the budget beyond competitive levels. They overrule the manager/DOF on player sales to then allow assets to leave for free. Hardly comparable to being allowed to spend 100s of millions including on players you want from previous clubs.

I work in Manchester and have a few mates there who are ST holders at Utd.

I certainly have no affection for Utd, but at the end of the day, like us, they have seen their club ripped apart because of terrible owners.

These lads are genuine, local fans, not the Sky Sports brigade, who follow Utd home and away, so I do have some sympathy.

• Moderation Lead

Was with a United supporting pal in the boozer yesterday (he’s a Salford native tbf) and he was saying it’s too binary.

I.E- he’d rather be rid of The Glazers, but they actually have given managers money, but no players ever improve, in fact, most go the other way. Neville was right about the toxicity at the club eventually poisoning everything and everyone though. If Fernandes and Rashford play well, usually, so do United. However, they’ve been well below par, this season. Rashford got a bumper new contract, despite there being no threat of him going anywhere and he’s not earnt his money in months. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Was with a United supporting pal in the boozer yesterday (he’s a Salford native tbf) and he was saying it’s too binary.

I.E- he’d rather be rid of The Glazers, but they actually have given managers money, but no players ever improve, in fact, most go the other way. Neville was right about the toxicity at the club eventually poisoning everything and everyone though. If Fernandes and Rashford play well, usually, so do United. However, they’ve been well below par, this season. Rashford got a bumper new contract, despite there being no threat of him going anywhere and he’s not earnt his money in months. 

For all the stick the Glazers get - United have a net transfer spend of more than a billion pounds over the last decade.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I work in Manchester and have a few mates there who are ST holders at Utd.

I certainly have no affection for Utd, but at the end of the day, like us, they have seen their club ripped apart because of terrible owners.

These lads are genuine, local fans, not the Sky Sports brigade, who follow Utd home and away, so I do have some sympathy.

I work in Preston and have several United supporting work colleagues and some of them go to some games. Tonight will be interesting cos I imagine they will massive discussion on yesterday game, Ten Hag's team selection and subs, etc. 

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

For all the stick the Glazers get - United have a net transfer spend of more than a billion pounds over the last decade.

But the United fans I work with biggest problems are the lack of spending on improving the stadium or training facilities plus the lack of proper transfer plan and no proper sporting director 

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Rashford is obviously a talented player but the reason why he not a top class one is because he is far too streaky. When hes on it, he will go on a run of a goal a game. But he regularly has extended spells where he doesnt do anything and when hes not on it, he has a tendency to hide and not appear to put in the effort.

Relating to England, there seems to be one space alongside Bellingham, Kane and Saka and I have always thought that Foden has to take it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But the United fans I work with biggest problems are the lack of spending on improving the stadium or training facilities plus the lack of proper transfer plan and no proper sporting director 

So similar to the Venkys....only they are actually providing transfer funds. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Neville is hard work to listen too when it comes to United because he cant avoid reverting back to discussing the Glazers.

That might sound rich because we know full well that the owners are invariably responsible for anything. But even yesterday, he tried to shut down Carragher for questioning the fact that there is no discernable style of play.

And obviously it isnt comparable to us. Venkys slash the budget beyond competitive levels. They overrule the manager/DOF on player sales to then allow assets to leave for free. Hardly comparable to being allowed to spend 100s of millions including on players you want from previous clubs.

The Glazer's have been disliked since day one when they slapped oodles of debt onto the club to buy it. Ferguson was able to shield the owners from what they are having to listen to know because he was such a good manager. With him long gone the football is now a series of independent projects overseen by good, but not great, managers who are forced to deal with City having the best one around, and Liverpool having one not far behind.

They have bought some utter utter dross over the years too. Fernandes can be an excellent player, but to make someone who whinges so much, and who has downed tools during games captain can't help. I say now and again that Rashford should leave Man U. He's being wasted and at the same time scapegoated for poor performances. He is a quality player. 

Antony is ineffectual. Martinez is too short to be a central defender. Varane and Casemiro's best days were in Madrid.

Ten Hag has lost more games to start a season than Mourinho and Solskjaer. I say keep him in place for longer than those two. 

Make no mistake though, the Glazer's can't hold a candle to Venky in the ineptitude stakes. 

• Like 5