BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Interesting to see Rashford get some deserved criticism at the weekend. He has the odd patch of incredible form but also many spells where not only is he ineffective but he totally downs tools. He did it during the Ronaldo days and the Pogba days but the focus was elsewhere. He doesnt deserve to be in the England squad considering the alternatives barring a massive change. Not one we would want in the trenches.

ESPN has a couple of articles up at the moment criticising him too. He scored 30 goals last season, but only 5 the season prior. 

I rate Rashford. I have said time and again that he needs to leave Man U in order to improve. He's too comfortable. Him being a hometown boy has allowed him to get away with what he has. Fans will give him more leeway, and it looks like managers do too. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

ESPN has a couple of articles up at the moment criticising him too. He scored 30 goals last season, but only 5 the season prior. 

I rate Rashford. I have said time and again that he needs to leave Man U in order to improve. He's too comfortable. Him being a hometown boy has allowed him to get away with what he has. Fans will give him more leeway, and it looks like managers do too. 

He is a coaster, he often has spells where not only his form falls off a cliff but he totally downs tools, hes stroppy and lazy.

They have had big stars in the past (Ronaldo and Pogba) who dominated the press and he got a bit of a free pass when he was equally as bad in terms of attitude whilst arguably contributing less. He clearly has ability but hes not a top player.

There was obviously a lot of focus in the last England squad with the likes of Henderson, Phillips and Maguire selected despite form as Southgate favourites. Rashford was also very lucky especially with Sterling not included.

• Backroom

Poor from Raya for a Luton goal just now in the battle of the former Rovers number ones 

Edit - and then he’s gone one worse 

Edited by Tom

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Poor from Raya for a Luton goal just now in the battle of the former Rovers number ones 

Edit - and then he’s gone one worse 

Don't think they win the league with him in goal. He's done well to establish himself in the Prem but doesn't have the demeanour/personality of a top keeper. Has always had a rick in him and think he always will. Kaminski looked the far better of the two tonight. I'm increasingly more gutted he left us than BBD, Dack or anyone else.

Edited by danger19_80

McGinn is really top drawer. you could see him playing at Barcelona or somewhere, he's got everything. Completely bossed the midfield. If we'd signed him we would have ended up selling him after a couple of seasons as I doubt he would have got us up on his own - but would have made a lot of money. 

Usually the Premier League bores me to tears but this year is actually very interesting with Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Liverpool all looking very good and Man City being shaky. Would love it if Villa could stay up there, just for the variety. Always more engaged if a side is involved who isn't part of the traditional big six clubs (much as I hate that term)..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Giant said:

Villa were brilliant tonight, they battered City and should have won 4 - 0.

They were. City couldn't get out of their own half. 

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Usually the Premier League bores me to tears but this year is actually very interesting with Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Liverpool all looking very good and Man City being shaky. Would love it if Villa could stay up there, just for the variety. Always more engaged if a side is involved who isn't part of the traditional big six clubs (much as I hate that term)..

It does seem different this year. I don't think Arsenal's squad is anything special (Saliba, Odegaard, Rice, Saka, aside) but they are ploughing on. Liverpool's only loss was controversial yet they look shaky at the back. Spurs but are entertaining. Maddison's injury is a shame for them. Emery has Villa playing well. I saw them against Liverpool early on and they were poor. 

City will bounce back, De Bruyne will return, and if needed they'll splash the cash in January. They seem to suffer without Rodri. Kovacic, Nunes, and disappearing act Kalvin Phillips can't replicate what he does. Stones played in midfield last night. As good as Rodri is he is slow and is good for a booking, especially for one of Guardiola's "tactical" fouls when someone gets the wrong side of him. He was banned for last night's game after accumulating 5 yellows. He's also been sent off this season. 

Even further down teams aren't rolling over. Wolves, Palace, Bournemouth get the odd result. 

Burnley and Sheff Utd are the worst 2 teams in the division. Luton have no quality at all but are making a fist of it, especially at home. 

Man U and Chelsea played last night. Ordinarily this game would have been hyped up to no end yet it was an afterthought. Between them they won 9 of the 11 titles on offer from 2004-05 to 2014-15. Both teams are so far away from getting back there. They have spent so much money on who knows what. Fernandez, Mudryk, and Caicedo, cost Chelsea over £300m. Man U paid £80m for Antony, £70m+ for Hojlund.

Imagine if they didn't sign those 5 and instead donated that money to football league teams. Neither team would be worse off and all 72 league clubs would have £6m to work with.

• Like 4