BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

Tom Lockyer should retire a premier league player, sad as it is that the choice is being taken from him.

They often say football is a family and I’m sure he’ll find work in the game, having built up a lot of goodwill. Life is longer than a playing career.

Onto the game currently in-play: 

Burnley are coming back down next season and I have a feeling that Kompany’s number could be up. I suspect the promotion push might be a shade more difficult, second time around.

People go on about Leo, but could you imagine the outrage on here if we’d spent £19m (and the rest) on James Trafford?

Long-time head-scratcher of mine: they - famously - call us “The Bastards” which is all well and good, but clearly a response to their nickname of “The Dingles.” I don’t get it. “Hahaha, you’re all probably born out of wedlock” isn’t much of a response to the initial, “haha, you’re all quite dense, owing to the disproportionately high instance of breeding within your own gene pool!” 

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Tom Lockyer should retire a premier league player, sad as it is that the choice is being taken from him.

They often say football is a family and I’m sure he’ll find work in the game, having built up a lot of goodwill. Life is longer than a playing career.

Onto the game currently in-play: 

Burnley are coming back down next season and I have a feeling that Kompany’s number could be up. I suspect the promotion push might be a shade more difficult, second time around.

People go on about Leo, but could you imagine the outrage on here if we’d spent £19m (and the rest) on James Trafford?

Long-time head-scratcher of mine: they - famously - call us “The Bastards” which is all well and good, but clearly a response to their nickname of “The Dingles.” I don’t get it. “Hahaha, you’re all probably born out of wedlock” isn’t much of a response to the initial, “haha, you’re all quite dense, owing to the disproportionately high instance of breeding within your own gene pool!” 

Haha absolute gold 😂

City brushed aside Fluminese in the World Club Cup Final easier than they defeated Burnley and in Haaland, De Bruyne and Doku were arguably without their three most effective and dangerous players.

Makes me wonder what standard the European "Super" League would be if it ever happened.

Edited by philipl

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ridiculous decision by the ref in Forest vs Bournemouth to send off Boly for a perfect good tackle. Utter bizarre. VAR couldn't reserve the decision cos it was only yellow card and Boly's second one

If anybody was fouled in that tackle it was Boly. The ref’s eyes must have been painted on. The games gone.

• Like 2

Sterling still is, as he always has been, a diver. Mind yo so are most of his team mates.

Their other strength is fouling constantly on corner kicks, as always unpunished for stuff they would get a yellow card elsewhere on the pitch 

I know they all do it, it's just so noticeable in this game at Wolves.

On 23/12/2023 at 08:48, philipl said:

City brushed aside Fluminese in the World Club Cup Final easier than they defeated Burnley and in Haaland, De Bruyne and Doku were arguably without their three most effective and dangerous players.

Makes me wonder what standard the European "Super" League would be if it ever happened.

Fluminese have an expected revenue this year of $74 million, apparently, which puts them well below Burnley financially! City spend over $500 million annually on wages.

Edited by riverholmes

4 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Watching Brighton v Spuds, just goes to show what a well run club Brighton are, from obscurity to challenging the best of the Prem, who does that remind us of?

Since when have spurs ever been "the best of the prem"?

Fourth best at the absolute maximum.

But yes, all it would take here is some organisation and people who give a fuck and we'd be back to our 'natural level'

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Since when have spurs ever been "the best of the prem"?

Fourth best at the absolute maximum.

But yes, all it would take here is some organisation and people who give a fuck and we'd be back to our 'natural level'

I wasn’t meaning a direct comparison to Spuds UD but more a generalisation. 

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

I wasn’t meaning a direct comparison to Spuds UD but more a generalisation. 

Yeah I wasn't having a go, I got what you meant.

Just reiterating that spurs are a shitty nothing club with shit fans that have never ever in my lifetime been anywhere near the very top of English football.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, superniko said:

What I’d give to see us put a performance in like Luton have today. Superb fitness, fight and determination. 

Think they’d prefer a lucky 1-0 win mind you 

Spurs just scored as a result of Bournemouth's crap attempt at playing out from the back.

Hardly a game goes by at all levels without such blunders causing goals or at least good chances.

When will coaches wake up.

In a stats driven football world does anyone keep a track on this.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

I was listening to Radio 5 the other day and I can’t remember the pundit but he was pretty much saying that a lot of managers know it’s nonsense but they are petrified of being labelled a dinosaur and not getting another job.

The game has collectively lost the plot on the back of Pep playing a certain way, but with world class players.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was listening to Radio 5 the other day and I can’t remember the pundit but he was pretty much saying that a lot of managers know it’s nonsense but they are petrified of being labelled a dinosaur and not getting another job.

The game has collectively lost the plot on the back of Pep playing a certain way, but with world class players.

The emperor’s new clothes.

• Like 2