BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

9 hours ago, M_B said:

Keiran Mckenna in the frame apparently 

I cannot see McKenna going to Brighton , there was a rumour going round United are sniffing , whether that is the manager or assistant , I don't know . Suspect he will stay at Ipswich for next season ..

If Kompany gets offered the Brighton job , he will be off like a shot !

18 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I cannot see McKenna going to Brighton , there was a rumour going round United are sniffing , whether that is the manager or assistant , I don't know . Suspect he will stay at Ipswich for next season ..

They were on about it on Talksport, strong rumour apparently, but must admit it did seem odd. 

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

How can you spend £150m, get your team relegated in embarrassing fashion and get a promotion?

What a charmed life he leads. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
On 16/05/2024 at 09:10, chaddyrovers said:

Just scrap it all. I can accept human error but not when using technology which is happening more and more. 

Also I see Webb is looking to bring ex pros into referee games as match officials 

I’m not sure you can accept human error, it feels most times we lose you blame the officials 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

McKenna or Kompany ? Give me a mili second to think about that one.

I wouldn't be surprise if Brighton went for either 

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m not sure you can accept human error, it feels most times we lose you blame the officials 

I can't accept human error when these officials have VAR and still don't make the right decision. Even Klopp has said get rid of VAR cos we don't use it right, fans are fed up with lack of communication within the stadium and how long these decisions take to actual decision. 

My problem is the level of competence Referees have at Championship level and how they can't make simple and clear decisions. One of the best referee we had at this level was Australian Jarred Gillett now in the PL ref  

My Sunday paper always does an “ end of the season fans review “ of the season on the last day of the season. 
The Luton fan has this to say - “ Thomas Kaminski in goal has been exceptional “. . The Crystal Palace fan has this to say - “ Wharton’s signing at £18 million was the bargain of the decade “.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My Sunday paper always does an “ end of the season fans review “ of the season on the last day of the season. 
The Luton fan has this to say - “ Thomas Kaminski in goal has been exceptional “. . The Crystal Palace fan has this to say - “ Wharton’s signing at £18 million was the bargain of the decade “.

bet spurs swoop for wharton in january paying double the price palace did!!!!!,we`ll end up with a paltry 8 or 9 million while palace get nearly double,im`e running out of words to describe what a complete **** up our club has become,just because we did`nt have the nous or brains  to hang on for another season

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Martin Ødegaard for £30m million is also one of those bargains. Wharton is probably one the best signings of this season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just got back from watching the rugby league. One of the women  who sits with us is a season ticket holder at City. She gave her dad her season ticket and came watching the rugby league today.

Imagine being that blase about a title win - utterly spoiled fans (and I'm incredibly jealous). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just got back from watching the rugby league. One of the women  who sits with us is a season ticket holder at City. She gave her dad her season ticket and came watching the rugby league today.

she probably gives just as much disdain for city than i do,they leave me completely cold,i neither like or dislike them,definately the most uncharismatic winning team ever,on the rugby league,wigan vs warrington in the final,cmon the wire😁

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

she probably gives just as much disdain for city than i do,they leave me completely cold,i neither like or dislike them,definately the most uncharismatic winning team ever,on the rugby league,wigan vs warrington in the final,cmon the wire😁

It’s going to be a great final. I wouldn’t like to call it but Wigan usually find a way to win the big games.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s going to be a great final. I wouldn’t like to call it but Wigan usually find a way to win the big games.

anyone but the pie eaters😒,don`t follow rugby league much these days,but im`e looking forward to the final

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

There’s no magic to teams like City.

Rovers. Ranieri’s Leicester. Fergie’s Utd. Wenger’s Arsenal. Mourinho at Chelsea. Klopp’s Liverpool. Even Mancini’s City. All had real personalities about their teams, playing beautiful football in different ways. And all were beatable, so no matter how good they were they had to earn their wins.

Pep’s City are more like Football Manager FC, bought all the best players in each position and then press ‘simulate season’. Boring.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mike E said:

There’s no magic to teams like City.

Rovers. Ranieri’s Leicester. Fergie’s Utd. Wenger’s Arsenal. Mourinho at Chelsea. Klopp’s Liverpool. Even Mancini’s City. All had real personalities about their teams, playing beautiful football in different ways. And all were beatable, so no matter how good they were they had to earn their wins.

Pep’s City are more like Football Manager FC, bought all the best players in each position and then press ‘simulate season’. Boring.

Really? 

Pep Guardiola is great coach and very good at getting his players to play their roles and understand what he wants from him. I would say Man City great attacking football but want to control the game by keeping possession of the ball. Pep admitted this week that he didn't even know who Ortega was before they were after signing him but what a brilliant second choice keeper who City sign him on a free transfer 

I also wouldn't sign all the best players either. Would you say that Ake, Akanji, Rodri were the best players in their position? Look at the development of players under his stewardship like Foden and the different roles he played under him

Man City are good to watch when they're on form, but I have no love for them. Nondescript new stadium, a new generation of spoiled fans who have no idea about the time they were in League 1 or a really mediocre Premier League team in the 1990s.......

Just a bit soulless, as some sports washers do their thing.

• Like 4

Got to hand it to pep, great coach. He came into a squad which was already the best in the league and spent just £60-100m on each position and voila - 4 league titles in a row. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Got to hand it to pep, great coach. He came into a squad which was already the best in the league and spent just £60-100m on each position and voila - 4 league titles in a row. 

like i said before,completely uncharismatic and souless,i suspect pep has no love for the job but likes the glory,money and living in england,incidentally i used to adore his barcelona side,that was a dynasty that had you rushing to switch on the telly

• Like 2