BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Wharton fee would be pure profit, the Raya sell on would be pure profit, Gallagher had run down his initial deal so that would be pure profit, Ennis was free so pure profit, and Szmodics' amortised value would be £1m if he signed a 4 year deal or £666k if it was a 3 year deal, so considerable further profit to come. We are well beyond the point of needing to worry about FFP at the moment.

Very convincing point and I had forgotten about the Wharton fee. It would appear that FFP wouldn't be a concern - though don't know what the outgoings are for this year. However, there is something going on financially, I think, given the odd loan moves for Buckley, in January, and Garrett now and the Gent sale. We're a relegation threatened club that needed Ben Chrisene to come in and help us over the line in the last match of the season, so the casual moving on of young squad players without replacements doesn't seem normal. (I haven't followed the club finances at all, so I may well be missing something obvious with Venkys situation).

But, bringing in back on topic, I don't dismiss Maresca's complaint about the impact of FFP on academy graduates out of hand. The bigger question for me is whether the movement will give these players a better chances to play and breakthrough, or hinder them through instability and being treated as financial commodities rather than football players.

The Omari Kellyman signing by Chelsea for 19 million is an interesting one. As far as I can tell, and please correct me if wrong but it was a mutually beneficial deal which helped both clubs with FFP, so Villa could sign Maatsen and Chelsea can go on with their crazy spending. Kellyman is now on a 6 year deal as, I guess, primarily a financial makeweight. Though, again, I could be wrong and Kellyman might happen to be a great prospect - a hadn't heard of him before.

Edited by riverholmes

On 07/08/2024 at 19:59, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't Gent want to regular first team football and not be squad player here? 

I mean if he doesn't back himself to displace Pickering then he's not up to much.

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean if he doesn't back himself to displace Pickering then he's not up to much.

not for me. He isn't a left back but more of left wing back and given we don't play with wing backs, he wanted to move on and play more. Good luck to him and him wanted to play regular first team football

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes.

the bookies don`t think so,they`ve got them in a range of 16/1 to 10/1 to be  relegated as a punishment,think there are 115 charges of them cheating the rules,it`s apparently pretty damning evidence,chelsea also about to put on trial as well,but nothing in the region of citys crimes

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the bookies don`t think so,they`ve got them in a range of 16/1 to 10/1 to be  relegated as a punishment,think there are 115 charges of them cheating the rules,it`s apparently pretty damning evidence,chelsea also about to put on trial as well,but nothing in the region of citys crimes

A large part of the charges is based on the rules that sponsorships should be reviewed by the premier league and deemed to be at market value.

City recently challenged this in court and seemed to be pleased with the way that was going.

I genuinely believe there will be nothing of any significance happen to them.

I could end up being wrong but I'm just going off the premier league's history of corruption and gutlessness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

A large part of the charges is based on the rules that sponsorships should be reviewed by the premier league and deemed to be at market value.

City recently challenged this in court and seemed to be pleased with the way that was going.

I could end up being wrong but I'm just going off the premier league's history of corruption and gutlessness.

you`ve more than likely got a very valid point,imagine the flagship of the current era man city playing in the championship☺️it`s not going to happen is it

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Conspiracy theory time

I would genuinely not be surprised that in years to come, we find out that the Premier League and Man City were in this together to push a soft test case through the courts which Man City will ultimately win creating  legal precedent, with the end result being that FFP (or whatever it is called these days) is either abolished or drastically altered, resulting in -

- No chance of the Prem being caught up in a corruption scandal a few years down the road as its all legal

- Premier League teams continue to dominate in Europe with spending curbed to a lesser extent

- Super league idea is kicked down the road for a few more years

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Conspiracy theory time

I would genuinely not be surprised that in years to come, we find out that the Premier League and Man City were in this together to push a soft test case through the courts which Man City will ultimately win creating  legal precedent, with the end result being that FFP (or whatever it is called these days) is either abolished or drastically altered, resulting in -

- No chance of the Prem being caught up in a corruption scandal a few years down the road as its all legal

- Premier League teams continue to dominate in Europe with spending curbed to a lesser extent

- Super league idea is kicked down the road for a few more years

Would it surprise you in the slightest if that all transpired?

Looking forward to the start of the PL football season. 

My prediction is Man City as champions, Arsenal second, Spurs third, Man Utd Fourth, Liverpool to finish fifth, Villa sixth. 

3 teams to go down are:- Leicester, Southampton and Everton. 

Really poor game to start the season and based on skys coverage, you wouldnt know that Fulham were playing.

Hard to look past City for the title and the 3 promoted teams tumbling back down. Who says money has made English football predictable?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really poor game to start the season and based on skys coverage, you wouldnt know that Fulham were playing.

Hard to look past City for the title and the 3 promoted teams tumbling back down. Who says money has made English football predictable?

I think we can also predict with a decent level of certainty that Arsenal will be 2nd, and that Chelsea will have been "proven" to have wasted several hundred million ££££s by well before the end of the season

• Like 1