BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

First 'WTF' from a Premier League referee there. Disallows a stunning direct free kick from 30 yards out wide because he (incorrectly) thinks a Palace player has fouled a defender on the edge of the box.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

First 'WTF' from a Premier League referee there. Disallows a stunning direct free kick from 30 yards out wide because he (incorrectly) thinks a Palace player has fouled a defender on the edge of the box.

You not see that West Ham penalty that was given yesterday?

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The issue was that VAR couldn't get involved because the referee blew before the ball went into the goal. Effectively play was stopped from the moment he blew. Webb talks about 'actions with consequence' and the contact between the two players had no effect on what was a stunning free kick. Had the referee not blown too early it would have been interesting to see what VAR would have advised him.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The issue was that VAR couldn't get involved because the referee blew before the ball went into the goal. Effectively play was stopped from the moment he blew. Webb talks about 'actions with consequence' and the contact between the two players had no effect on what was a stunning free kick. Had the referee not blown too early it would have been interesting to see what VAR would have advised him.

It was stated by the EPL before the season - and explained to the players - that referees would be coming down much harder on blocking at set pieces so the ref was obviously looking out for it. Hughes was naive.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It was stated by the EPL before the season - and explained to the players - that referees would be coming down much harder on blocking at set pieces so the ref was obviously looking out for it. Hughes was naive.

I really don't believe it was a block by Hughes. The two players tussled and both players were guilty of holding and this occurred nowhere near the ball and had no consequence on the shot and subsequent goal. I reiterate what I said about the referee blowing too early and giving the VAR nowhere to go.

Well done to Bohely for the job he has done on Chelsea. Chelsea first team players is 43 players, yes 43 players. Woah. Plus 5 managers within 2 years and no real strategy in terms apart from buying talent players. No team cohesion. Given the money they have spend, no proper number 9 striker. 

Screenshot (130).png

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well done to Bohely for the job he has done on Chelsea. Chelsea first team players is 43 players, yes 43 players. Woah. Plus 5 managers within 2 years and no real strategy in terms apart from buying talent players. No team cohesion. Given the money they have spend, no proper number 9 striker. 

Screenshot (130).png

the other day i think it was on BBC they said the Chelsea squad was 55. some other team was 45. and they have the nerve to say they have too many games.

I've just watched the highlights of Toon v Soton.

Brereton creates and then exploits a situation with Car support for his cheating.

One of the few times in years I'm glad Newcastle won.

Brereton, fuck off to Spain or Chile or stay here and get a real kicking. It's coming wanker.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I've just watched the highlights of Toon v Soton.

Brereton creates and then exploits a situation with Car support for his cheating.

One of the few times in years I'm glad Newcastle won.

Brereton, fuck off to Spain or Chile or stay here and get a real kicking. It's coming wanker.

Compare his self decided break, coasting for 6 months when he was looking to get out on a free with Sammie scoring 3 in 2 with a big move imminent.

Dislike the guy , took us for a ride. 1 trick pony.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Compare his self decided break, coasting for 6 months when he was looking to get out on a free with Sammie scoring 3 in 2 with a big move imminent.

And thanks why I can't forgive the wimp. He's not a show pony though, he's a show donkey.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Or Sammi playing his heart out at Leicester with both legs strapped.

• Like 3

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Dislike the guy , took us for a ride.

I still like him. Always plays the game with a smile on his face. Contrast to the surly, grumpy 'superstars' who make out they're doing everyone a favour by turning up for 90 mins a week, while collecting £300k odd.

Bear in mind 50k were booing his every touch at this point too. Takes bottle to relish the battle amongst that atmosphere. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 14:39, jodrell said:

the other day i think it was on BBC they said the Chelsea squad was 55. some other team was 45. and they have the nerve to say they have too many games.

I've read a couple of articles this week that don't paint a rosy picture of Chelsea's current state. 

They had to sell Gallagher to comply with FFP which hasn't gone down well with fans especially as Joao Felix, who had a rather uninspiring loan term with them last season, signed on a permanent deal. 

Maresca has acknowledged that he does have 40+ players deemed first team members, but he said that he is only working with about 20 of them. Therefore leaving another full squad of players training on their own. All those players will be on big money, so far only Raheem Sterling has come out and said that he wants to leave. Not one of them would come to Rovers, but they'd all be an upgrade on what Eustace has available.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've read a couple of articles this week that don't paint a rosy picture of Chelsea's current state. 

They had to sell Gallagher to comply with FFP which hasn't gone down well with fans especially as Joao Felix, who had a rather uninspiring loan term with them last season, signed on a permanent deal. 

Maresca has acknowledged that he does have 40+ players deemed first team members, but he said that he is only working with about 20 of them. Therefore leaving another full squad of players training on their own. All those players will be on big money, so far only Raheem Sterling has come out and said that he wants to leave. Not one of them would come to Rovers, but they'd all be an upgrade on what Eustace has available.

Its a completely mess at Chelsea. The ownership in the last 2 years at Chelsea has been a mess. Its a joke the amount of transfer ins and outs there, 4 different permanent head coaches, lack of transfer cohered plan, long term contracts.   

26 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I do wonder if Chelsea is primarily a publicity tool for Boehly at the moment, to get attention for himself in Europe. It seems like that's what X/Twitter is for Musk, whilst he concentrates on his 'serious' businesses more quietly.

Bohely is only small part of the ownership there. Some reports say Behdad Eghbali is the main power at Chelsea 

Todd Boehly was Poch IN, but Behdad Eghbali was Poch OUT, and we know who won - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com) 

Graham Potter’s surreal Chelsea reign – ‘There were so many players, some had to change in corridor’ - The Athletic (nytimes.com) 

Boehly happy to remain face of New Chelsea, even if real power lies elsewhere - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

finneran not in the newcastle squad,given the size of his head,he`ll be asking for a transfer to start the next step in his career😀

He has not featured for them at U18 or U21 level either, and they never actually announced his signing.

I know that he has signed for them (seen the photos and statements from Rovers, Finneran etc), but it is an odd situation.  You would have thought Newcastle would have been keen to announce his arrival, He is seen as a player with huge potential, and they beat numerous top tier English and German team to him so surely they view this as a coup?

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He has not featured for them at U18 or U21 level either, and they never actually announced his signing.

I know that he has signed for them (seen the photos and statements from Rovers, Finneran etc), but it is an odd situation.  You would have thought Newcastle would have been keen to announce his arrival, He is seen as a player with huge potential, and they beat numerous top tier English and German team to him so surely they view this as a coup?

gone to a massive club,where he starts as just another number,i doubt we`ll ever hear of him again,loads of kids go down his route and they end up playing semi pro,should have learnt his trade here,then got the  move