BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gone to a massive club,where he starts as just another number,i doubt we`ll ever hear of him again,loads of kids go down his route and they end up playing semi pro,should have learnt his trade here,then got the  move

Newcastle are not a massive club.

• Like 1

It's good to see ten Hag's Man U carrying on where they left off last season. A lucky home win against Bournemouth followed up by a loss away at Brighton. What makes it funnier is that they did go 2-1 up only for the goal to be correctly disallowed for offside when the ball hit their new striker's knee on the goal line. It's Liverpool at home for them next. 

Chelsea bagged 6 against a Wolves team that looks great going forward, but iffy at the back. 

Szmodics scored for Ipswich but were brought back down to earth quickly with City scoring 3 in 15 minutes. The first was a harshly given penalty (the defender made it easier though by stupidly lunging in), then the Ipswich keeper gifted City a second and third with some ill-advised dribbling followed by a rush out of his box to a ball he was never going to get. Although the result wasn't in question after that Ipswich did a decent job of keeping City at bay until late on. I'm sure that McKenna was fuming with both the full back and keeper as you won't get many opportunities to try and defend a lead at the Etihad. 

21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I don't think anyone can get Everton to work. The whole club seems to be broken. Even Pep wouldn't be able to get them going.

Until Everton get new ownership, A new owner with director and proper organise plan they are doomed there. I think when they get new ownership there , You seen a number of changes behind the scenes there including a new director of football, Dyche sack, new CEO there. 

Extraordinary at Goodison. 

It was as though Everton thought the game was only 85 minutes long.

Rubbish first half, Bournemouth looked relegation-haunted dross most of the second half when 6 wouldn't have flattered Everton. 

Then scored 3 in 10 minutes plus found time to force Pickford to pull off 2 worldies and missed a sitter.

To say the blue scousers were looking bemused is an understatement.

21 minutes ago, philipl said:

Extraordinary at Goodison. 

It was as though Everton thought the game was only 85 minutes long.

Rubbish first half, Bournemouth looked relegation-haunted dross most of the second half when 6 wouldn't have flattered Everton. 

Then scored 3 in 10 minutes plus found time to force Pickford to pull off 2 worldies and missed a sitter.

To say the blue scousers were looking bemused is an understatement.

It will be hilarious if they are in the Championship when they move to their new ground next season.

• Like 2

The owner wants out and they a couple of months ago give Friedkin Group exclusive talks to buy the club but after a couple of weeks he withdraw from talks and took his bid off the table. They just over 2 weeks ago granted a period of exclusivity to Crystal Palace co-owner John Textor. 

I agree with Arbitro's comments above that it would hilarious if Everton are in the championship when they move into their new stadium  

Watching MOTD and Southampton started with Armstrong and BBD as the 2 up top,i fear for the Saints if they are relying on those 2 to keep them up.Decent championship forwards but not Premiership class.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I don't think anyone can get Everton to work. The whole club seems to be broken. Even Pep wouldn't be able to get them going.

Well Ancelotti couldn't get them anywhere so there really is something fucked at that club.

Hopefully they'll finally drop thos year.

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

No he isn't. He's good but absolutely nowhere near Shearer.

The only person who I think is in his class was Henry.

Not being funny, Haaland’s numbers are way beyond Shearer’s and I consider Alan Shearer to be a Geordie Demi God.

Are his City stats way past Shearer’s 92 to 96 numbers?

You can’t judge him from ‘97 onwards as he became a total different player post that Newcastle injury.

Also, Shearer played in teams that competed towards the top, not one that are financially doped by a petro-state to win the league every season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You can’t judge him from ‘97 onwards as he became a total different player post that Newcastle injury.

Also, Shearer played in teams that competed towards the top, not one that are financially doped by a petro-state to win the league every season.

How many goals would prime Shearer score in this City team in this current Premier League ?

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d have to check, but I don’t think Shearer was ever averaging a goal a game. Freakish numbers.

Not that far off for teams that never got close to winning trophy after trophy like that lot do.

Of course Haaland is top class striker, but Shearer was a phenomenon too between 92 and 96.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Not that far off for teams that never won trophy after trophy like that lot do.

Shearer was a phenomenon between 92 and 96.

I know, I was there! 😅

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That's the main point (in bold) for me.  Shearer was never involved in a team that dominated the ball and created as many chances as Man City do now.

Haaland is a truly wonderful goal scorer.  I think that the version of Shearer that we had at Rovers was better, and if you could drop him through time into Haalands spot in the Man City squad, he would outscore him

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Exactly so I’m struggling with your point as you aren’t comparing apples with apples here.

Might be all the bevs I had yesterday, but I’m struggling with yours as well tbh.

Must be the hangover as the points Tyrone, Kent and me are making are pretty clear… you said ‘not being funny but Haaland’s numbers are way beyond Shearer’s’.

One they aren’t for 92-96 Shearer and two you can’t compare them like for like when you think of the teams they played for. Makes Shearer even more phenomenal.

Yes Haaland scored goals at a quicker rate, but there’s context behind that.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3