BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

He does what he's paid to do,not everybody needs to be a Messi,plenty top class goalscorers were not great technically,for example Lineker scored goals and not much else.

I think he was more versatile for Dortmund I have seen him running onto balls over the top and his pace is frightening.

7 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Early predictions:

Dyche the first manager to be sacked - replaced by Moyes.

Ten Hag does not last the season.

Ipswich most likely to stay up out of the promoted clubs.

City to win it by Easter again.

Think Ten Haag might go first, I suspect Everton can't afford to sack Dyche, although the fans do seem to hate him.

I think Liverpool might push City closer but I agree they are favourites again.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That was a throwaway comment clearly intended to cause a stir.

He seemingly is asked to not get involved in build up because City are so dominant that he can stick to just scoring goal after goal. But you would struggle to find a player with his movement, pace, heading ability, strength and power in League 1.

He's not a particularly good footballer. In and around the box he's lethal though 

Look at where Brentford and Brighton are in the Premier League!

Would never have believed it a few years ago and shows what can be done when a club has a plan and is well-run.

Should inspire us. You don't have to have crowds of 60000 every home game to compete.

Can'r be done with Venkys alas.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Look at where Brentford and Brighton are in the Premier League!

Would never have believed it a few years ago and shows what can be done when a club has a plan and is well-run.

Should inspire us. You don't have to have crowds of 60000 every home game to compete.

Can'r be done with Venkys alas.

You can put Bournemouth in that.

• Like 1

Everton are what I call a proper club with proper supporters. Years since they’ve enjoyed any success but their support has stayed loyal. I always take an interest in attendances for some of the cup games and many Premier League clubs’ crowds are poor when they are drawn against a lower league team. Not Everton. Their League Cup game against Doncaster the other day attracted a near full house.

The new stadium looks superb and I’m sure the club will get a lift once they finally move in next season. The supporters deserve better but I think the club will have a fight on their hands to survive this year. I’ll probably get the opportunity to visit Goodison for one last time this season and hopefully get the chance to experience the new stadium in 12 months or so.

• Like 5

I find this article a little bewildering; The Guardian: Man U hierarchy want Ten Hag to improve.

Apparently, Jim Ratcliffe and ex-Rover Jason Wilcox think Man U have been crap so far this season but are giving Ten Hag the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. 

What a load of guff. Ten Hag is starting his 3rd season in charge. Under him they've always been erratic, capable of one-off excellent performances, but overall not good enough. 

When he has a full squad available it will be more of the same. The players, and Ten Hag, aren't of the required standard to challenge for a league title. It's great to see. 

1 minute ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I find this article a little bewildering; The Guardian: Man U hierarchy want Ten Hag to improve.

Apparently, Jim Ratcliffe and ex-Rover Jason Wilcox think Man U have been crap so far this season but are giving Ten Hag the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. 

What a load of guff. Ten Hag is starting his 3rd season in charge. Under him they've always been erratic, capable of one-off excellent performances, but overall not good enough. 

When he has a full squad available it will be more of the same. The players, and Ten Hag, aren't of the required standard to challenge for a league title. It's great to see. 

It would be even better if Manure were upto the standard, and still won nowt.

• Like 1

I don't, never have and never will want Man United to do well, but I especially want them to make a godawful hash of it at the moment to get it right up that reprehensible prick Ratcliffe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

so precident set for our league. Leicester avoid deduction due to not being in Premier league last season,  unless I've misunderstood what I read.

I think the PL will be tightening up the definitions in their rule book so this doesn’t happen again.

10 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I think the PL will be tightening up the definitions in their rule book so this doesn’t happen again.

Do the clubs not vote on any constitutional changes? Whichever way it's incredible to think that Leicester got off on what was essentially a technicality. The expensive lawyers working for City will be poring over these right now for any more loopholes. I read that the case against City alone will cost the Premier League 'tens of millions'.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Do the clubs not vote on any constitutional changes? Whichever way it's incredible to think that Leicester got off on what was essentially a technicality. The expensive lawyers working for City will be poring over these right now for any more loopholes. I read that the case against City alone will cost the Premier League 'tens of millions'.

I wonder whether amending a definition would count as a constitutional change.

The case seems to have hinged on the fact:

1. the PLs rules definition of Club include the wording ‘in membership of the league’ (ie the PL).

2. Leicester’s 2023 accounting period ended after the date they resigned their membership of the PL (13th June 2023)

I’m sure it was pure luck that 2023 was the year Leicester decided to adjust the end of their accounting period from the 31st May to the 30th of June.

I expect you’re right about Man City’s lawyers.

Edited by wilsdenrover

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton let another 2 nil lead slip again. 

Fans hated Dyche and if I was buying the club I would make immediate changes to the staff of CEO, DoF and Head coach

everton fans have hated every manager since moyes🙂

i am however looking forward to visiting the best ground in the championship next season,evertons new ground in the docks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i am however looking forward to visiting the best ground in the championship next season,evertons new ground in the docks

You must mean in the cup. Because we are going up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Assuming they don't have to sell it off and play on some park on Merseyside 🙂 

• Like 2