BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

18 hours ago, bazza said:

Isn't Marine nearer?

It's the North Sea by then surely? Good shout though.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Blimey, that's a blast from the past! I spent countless hours as a kid messing around up there!

I wonder if it's still there...

Demolished when it shut. I still remember it feeling like you were on top of the world when you got up there as a little kid! Would that have been the highest point in Blackburn, or were the houses on Revidge Road higher still?

23 minutes ago, GHR said:

It's the North Sea by then surely? Good shout though.

Demolished when it shut. I still remember it feeling like you were on top of the world when you got up there as a little kid! Would that have been the highest point in Blackburn, or were the houses on Revidge Road higher still?

I think the houses where higher, the view was to the west.

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

RIP Gary Shaw. 

I wanted to be him so badly as a kid! Always had a soft spot for Villa ever since. 

he was brilliant,if he had`nt messed his knee up badly,he would have been a regular for england under bobby robson,id`e go as far to say the whole of that villa side that won the league and european cup were a delight to watch,

• Like 3

16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he was brilliant,if he had`nt messed his knee up badly,he would have been a regular for england under bobby robson,id`e go as far to say the whole of that villa side that won the league and european cup were a delight to watch,

Matt Jansen was in a similar style as was Brian Little who preceded Shaw at Villa. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

In the article it is stated that it is not all about money. if that is the case, I wonder if the players would agree to play less, but their wages are cut to reflect that ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

when you factor in the pointless nations league and that completely insane world club cup they`ve invented i think they do have a point

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

There are definitely more injuries because of these extra games. If they all meant something, I'd kind of get it, but so many of these matches, pre-season friendlies and competitions are completely pointless and meaningless IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

There are definitely more injuries because of these extra games. If they all meant something, I'd kind of get it, but so many of these matches, pre-season friendlies and competitions are completely pointless and meaningless IMO.

more games ? they played more in the 70s & 80s. Imagine this lot playing good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday

They also didn't have all this modern science and so called recovery aids.

If they are too bone idle to play twice a week they should give their 100s of thousands pounds a week back .

Just the modern generation of soft lazy arsed tossers.

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

more games ? they played more in the 70s & 80s. Imagine this lot playing good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday

They also didn't have all this modern science and so called recovery aids.

If they are too bone idle to play twice a week they should give their 100s of thousands pounds a week back .

Just the modern generation of soft lazy arsed tossers.

I don't think you quite grasp how physically demanding the modern game is.

I don't begrudge the players getting paid good money for what they do. Unlike investment bankers or scumbag landlords football players actually have to work for a living.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

If you look back to when I first started watching there were lots players at Rovers, and other clubs, who were playing 40,41 and 42 out of 42 games. You don’t see that today. The only conclusion I can draw from that is the modern game is more demanding on the bodies of players. The more games, the greater the demand on the body, the more injuries.

42 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I don't think you quite grasp how physically demanding the modern game is.

I don't begrudge the players getting paid good money for what they do. Unlike investment bankers or scumbag landlords football players actually have to work for a living.

they run around and play football , hardly work is it . I dont begrudge them money, i do begrudge their moaning and bellyaching over saying its tiring hahaha . Its training , gym , football .That aint work its leisure for money.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you look back to when I first started watching there were lots players at Rovers, and other clubs, who were playing 40,41 and 42 out of 42 games. You don’t see that today. The only conclusion I can draw from that is the modern game is more demanding on the bodies of players. The more games, the greater the demand on the body, the more injuries.

but sports science and recovery is a lot better.

They tippy tap it about these days , theres no hard crunching tackles , they play on carpets   and still moan