BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Your comments about the League Cup hopefully arent shared by many. To remove that would be a terrible idea, of course it serves a purpose. Im guessing that you wasnt in Cardiff at any point in 2002. Both cups see rotation in the earlier stages, fine, but it is a great opportunity for smaller clubs to have experiences they wouldnt otherwise have.

Of course clubs that win it will enjoy the experience, but let's revisit your comment in the early rounds of the cup next year and see how many supporters are saying things like 'this isn't a priority', 'I won't be too disappointed if we lose this', 'let's rest all of our players'.

Using the example of the winning side's enjoyment of the competition in that season is, quite frankly, an absurd way of trying to imply that there is an overall value in the competition.

I don't care much one way or the other when it comes to the league cup. I'm happy for a bit of an early-season distraction, but I don't think I'd miss it much if it disappeared. The only strong argument for keeping it is the fact that it has been around for a while. Then again, there will be a few posters on here that are older than the League Cup...so it really isn't that old. 

49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Of course clubs that win it will enjoy the experience, but let's revisit your comment in the early rounds of the cup next year and see how many supporters are saying things like 'this isn't a priority', 'I won't be too disappointed if we lose this', 'let's rest all of our players'.

Using the example of the winning side's enjoyment of the competition in that season is, quite frankly, an absurd way of trying to imply that there is an overall value in the competition.

I don't care much one way or the other when it comes to the league cup. I'm happy for a bit of an early-season distraction, but I don't think I'd miss it much if it disappeared. The only strong argument for keeping it is the fact that it has been around for a while. Then again, there will be a few posters on here that are older than the League Cup...so it really isn't that old. 

What about smaller teams getting another chance to play the bigger sides and bring in some revenue?

I always find it bizarre when people say rubbish about not being bothered that we are out especially when most league seasons will end up to be forgettable. An away game at Chelsea last season seemed to capture peoples imagination.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Texaco Cup, Milk Cup 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Szmodics subbed off after 60 mins (again) against Saints. McKenna just doesn't know how to use Sammi. Serve them right! Hoping Brereton will smash one in.

I was a bit puzzled about them signing Sammi when they were already after another striker that they didn’t get. Then they signed Clarke. They already had Delap and Ogbene with Hirst coming back. 
It’s a win win I suppose. If he makes it they’re got a bargain, if he’s a flop they either keep him if they go down or sell him on for what they paid for him if they stay up.

I thought Sammi was great at Rovers but I don’t think he’s a Premier League player. I think  one way or another he’ll be back in the championship next season.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was a bit puzzled about them signing Sammi when they were already after another striker that they didn’t get. Then they signed Clarke. They already had Delap and Ogbene with Hirst coming back. 
It’s a win win I suppose. If he makes it they’re got a bargain, if he’s a flop they either keep him if they go down or sell him on for what they paid for him if they stay up.

I thought Sammi was great at Rovers but I don’t think he’s a Premier League player. I think  one way or another he’ll be back in the championship next season.

Ipswich have been playing him in a similar manner to how Rovers have been playing JRC and Baker this season. He starts off as one of the wider players in the 3 behind the striker, and then moves centrally into a number 10 position when Ipswich have the ball. 

Problem is they don't have the ball quite as much this season, so he spends most of his time either pressing or helping out his full back rather than being a goal threat.  Maybe once Clarke forces his way into the first 11, Szmodics will move more centrally and Hutchinson will compete with Burns & Ogbene for the spot on the right side

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Ipswich have been playing him in a similar manner to how Rovers have been playing JRC and Baker this season. He starts off as one of the wider players in the 3 behind the striker, and then moves centrally into a number 10 position when Ipswich have the ball. 

Problem is they don't have the ball quite as much this season, so he spends most of his time either pressing or helping out his full back rather than being a goal threat.  Maybe once Clarke forces his way into the first 11, Szmodics will move more centrally and Hutchinson will compete with Burns & Ogbene for the spot on the right side

That’s not where his strengths lie. He needs to be nearer to the goal not further away.

• Like 1