BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

Jonathan Wilson has a good article in today’s paper. It’s about the Ipswich v Villa game today. He contrasts it with the last time the two teams met at top level 40 years ago. He’s unhappy about the way the modern game has developed regarding the treatment of fans.  This bit is interesting - “ ( That season ) Villa used a record low of 14 players; this season they had used more than that by the 74th minute of their opening game.”

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Mental that cole palmer didn't get a single start at the euros.  He could have been the difference in the final if Southgate had given him more minutes 

Especially since Foden seemed a bit flat. We're talking about Southgate though, who is super cautious. I can imagine how pedestrian Man Utd will be if he got that job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Szmodics on the bench for Ipswich against Villa. 

With Delap getting two up to now and the form he’s shown, I can see Sami becoming a bench warmer. I hope not for his sake though. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

With Delap getting two up to now and the form he’s shown, I can see Sami becoming a bench warmer. I hope not for his sake though. 

Delap is a main striker whilst Szmodics is a number 10 but when he came on today he played wide left

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the grass is`nt always greener,he`ll be earning a fair wedge but he is`nt the main man at ipswich like he was here

It very much is greener in this case. Probably a last chance at Premier League football, has started most of the games and already scored at the Etihad. And will be on a much higher wage.

So yeah, the grass is greener than being the main man in a Championship squad. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was never going to turn down the chance of PL football 

Of course not, but now he’s a small fish in a big pond, whereas here he was a big fish in a small pond relatively 

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bit harsh a straight red i thought? but it's Fernandes so 🤷‍♂️

Its high and abit reckless. He never winning the ball in million years. Don't get why he does it? 

United performance has been shocking so far

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its high and abit reckless. He never winning the ball in million years. Don't get why he does it? 

United performance has been shocking so far

I'm the replay, kinda looked like he slipped over and tried to stick a leg out as a last resort. Didn't catch Maddison that much but yeah, probably down to it being reckless.

I think it’s wonderful that the scum don’t get away with things like they used to in Whisky Noses days. Very refreshing. 
I also think Lizard Martinez is well named, he’s one slimy barsteward

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It very much is greener in this case. Probably a last chance at Premier League football, has started most of the games and already scored at the Etihad. And will be on a much higher wage.

So yeah, the grass is greener than being the main man in a Championship squad. 

it is,but now he`s not going to start and when he does come on he`s played out wide,not sammies game at all,do you get paid very well and not play or get paid still good wages and play every week in your best position???

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it is,but now he`s not going to start and when he does come on he`s played out wide,not sammies game at all,do you get paid very well and not play or get paid still good wages and play every week in your best position???

Once they signed Clarke Sammi was history as far as being a regular starter goes. The further he goes from the firing line the more he becomes ineffectual. He’ll be back playing in the Champ one way or another next season. Sadder, wiser and richer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Hes playing Premier League football on a higher wage. The fact that he might not play quite as many minutes or always in his favourite position doesnt mean that decision is in any way a case of the grass not being greener. He made the decision anyone would have made and the right one.

41 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I think it’s wonderful that the scum don’t get away with things like they used to in Whisky Noses days. Very refreshing. 
I also think Lizard Martinez is well named, he’s one slimy barsteward

Spurs spanked them from minute 1. A team full of confidence. 

Changing the head coach/manager isn't problem cos over the years they have done that year after year. What they do next will be interesting? Is Sacking Ten Hag going to change alot? not for me but it wouldn't surprised if after next weekend they did. Expect Ruud Van Nistelrooy to take over anyway

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Bit harsh a straight red i thought? but it's Fernandes so 🤷‍♂️

Not a red for me neither. No intensity in the challenge and certainly didn't endanger Madison's safety. He also loses his footing. Perhaps it's a bit of karma as there have been many occasions when Fernandez should have been sent off but wasn't. I'm pretty sure they will appeal.

• Like 2