BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spurs spanked them from minute 1. A team full of confidence. 

Changing the head coach/manager isn't problem cos over the years they have done that year after year. What they do next will be interesting? Is Sacking Ten Hag going to change alot? not for me but it wouldn't surprised if after next weekend they did. Expect Ruud Van Nistelrooy to take over anyway

biggest problem for utd is they have 7/8 sh**houses in their side,who think they only have to turn up to win,until they are all got rid of   their malaise will continue,tbf i hope it does!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Changing the head coach/manager isn't problem cos over the years they have done that year after year. What they do next will be interesting? Is Sacking Ten Hag going to change alot? not for me but it wouldn't surprised if after next weekend they did. Expect Ruud Van Nistelrooy to take over anyway

I dont understand the thinking that Ten Hag going wouldnt change a lot. This is his third season and his teams are as badly organised and setup as you will see. No one is any wiser as to what he is even trying to do with his setup.

I hope they keep him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Bit harsh a straight red i thought? but it's Fernandes so 🤷‍♂️

That automatically makes it a correct decision.

Being serious, on first look it seems harsh but on further views he slips, then decides to make the foul side on to a player travelling fast and aims at his lower leg/ ankle. Petulant as usual.

It was divisions above what Beck did so no pity from me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand the thinking that Ten Hag going wouldnt change a lot. This is his third season and his teams are as badly organised and setup as you will see. No one is any wiser as to what he is even trying to do with his setup.

I hope they keep him.

Look at United history when managers get into their third season, its seems to change alot. Whether its Mourinho or Ole or Ten Hag. 

What is going to change by sacking him? 

They didn't want to sack him in the summer when was the right opportunity was there. But they didn't make their move for a new manager. 

Who is the right man to them forward? you tell me? Name me 3 names who would be on your shortlist? 

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Not a red for me neither. No intensity in the challenge and certainly didn't endanger Madison's safety. He also loses his footing. Perhaps it's a bit of karma as there have been many occasions when Fernandez should have been sent off but wasn't. I'm pretty sure they will appeal.

You know what Arbitro, that's exactly where my mind went, a bit of Karma for the amount of Red/yellow cards he's got opposition players over the years through play acting/diving.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope they keep him.

I think that it’s obvious that the players control what goes on regardless who the manager is. It’s been that way since Fergie left. Long May it continue. Reminds me of the days of Docherty, Atkinson, O’Farrell, Sexton and McGuiness. The only managers who have installed fear into this shower have been Busby and Fergie. 

• Like 3

If I was Man Utd manager, I'd put pretty much all the 1st team squad for sale. Not one of them is a winner and/or leader. I'd also bin the youth coaches as few decent players come from there. There's been a listless, dull feeling about the team for years. 

However I am not the manager or a fan, so I'm not bothered.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Not a red for me neither. No intensity in the challenge and certainly didn't endanger Madison's safety. He also loses his footing. Perhaps it's a bit of karma as there have been many occasions when Fernandez should have been sent off but wasn't. I'm pretty sure they will appeal.

The people running the show need to think long and hard about how many games are being ruined by red cards being handed out for fouls that would have just been a free kick not that long ago. I pay to see 11 play 11. I’ve been to plenty of end to end exciting games that have been spoiled as a spectacle by soft sendings off.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at United history when managers get into their third season, its seems to change alot. Whether its Mourinho or Ole or Ten Hag. 

They didn't want to sack him in the summer when was the right opportunity was there. But they didn't make their move for a new manager. 

Who is the right man to them forward? you tell me? Name me 3 names who would be on your shortlist? 

Im not having that their current squad was only 8th best last season or 12th this. They look so disorganised, so lacking in a plan and so lacking an identity. Its not even as if hes been lumbered with players he didnt want, half of the signings have been players hes worked with before and big money signings too.

History also says that they have never finished as low as 8th since Ferguson left, but they did last year. 

I want him to stay though, because its funny.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I think that it’s obvious that the players control what goes on regardless who the manager is. It’s been that way since Fergie left. Long May it continue. Reminds me of the days of Docherty, Atkinson, O’Farrell, Sexton and McGuiness. The only managers who have installed fear into this shower have been Busby and Fergie. 

Of course players have so much power now more than ever. But there is no way that a competent manager wouldnt have this set of players playing more coherently, with more structure and with a plan and identity.

Regarding the players personalities, Ten Hag has worked with a number at previous clubs. So he has experience in managing them as people.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Love how the Chadster is demanding that ‘99-er answers his questions on every post 😅

I have asked a series of questions but I would like to him to answer, if he doesn't then fair enough. He seems to think sacking another manager there is the answer to their problems. They sacked Mourinho and Ole in their third season. Has it the situation better? I would say no. Ten Hag has won 2 trophies in 2 season yet people want him sack now. Why not back him and say this is our guy and we will back. 

To answer my question on a 3 man shortlist and to show fairness, here my 3 man shortlist

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not having that their current squad was only 8th best last season or 12th this. They look so disorganised, so lacking in a plan and so lacking an identity. Its not even as if hes been lumbered with players he didnt want, half of the signings have been players hes worked with before and big money signings too.

History also says that they have never finished as low as 8th since Ferguson left, but they did last year. 

I want him to stay though, because its funny.

won a trophy last season

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have asked a series of questions but I would like to him to answer, if he doesn't then fair enough. He seems to think sacking another manager there is the answer to their problems. They sacked Mourinho and Ole in their third season. Has it the situation better? I would say no. Ten Hag has won 2 trophies in 2 season yet people want him sack now. Why not back him and say this is our guy and we will back. 

To answer my question on a 3 man shortlist and to show fairness, here my 3 man shortlist

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

I hope they get Southgate, they’ll be back playing at Ewood before long.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

It’s fans forum not a job interview. Blokes answer what they want to answer.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. Steve Kean

2. Owen Coyle

3. Bryan Kidd

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ianrally said:

With Delap getting two up to now and the form he’s shown, I can see Sami becoming a bench warmer. I hope not for his sake though. 

When we were all debating what the fee for SS should be, @chaddyroversproclaimed 'Delap is shite and Ipswich are paying £20million for him'...................Looks some player to me and looks a snip at that price especially when Spurs paid £65million for Solanke!  

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What are RVN's managerial / coaching credentials to take over a club like United - absolutely none, would be a disaster.

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

Southgate - you are having a larf.  Would be the most underwhelming and unpopular appointment United could make.  Arguably, had the best crop of England players in the last 50 years or so and blew it! 

for me, would be either McKenna or Tuchel.

won a trophy last season

So what?

No identity and over £600million spunked up the wall.

With Arsenal, Spurs you can see progression and even Liverpool and Chelsea with new managers have a clear progressive identity.  United are just one big mess after over 2 seasons with their 'Dutch master'. 

Owen Coyle would do a better job and that's saying something.

Edited by Mercer

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When we were all debating what the fee for SS should be, @chaddyroversproclaimed 'Delap is shite and Ipswich are paying £20million for him'...................Looks some player to me and looks a snip at that price especially when Spurs paid £65million for Solanke!  

What are RVN's managerial / coaching credentials to take over a club like United - absolutely none, would be a disaster.

Southgate - you are having a larf.  Would be the most underwhelming and unpopular appointment United could make.  Arguably, had the best crop of England players in the last 50 years or so and blew it! 

So what?

No identity and over £600million spunked up the wall.

Owen Coyle would do a better job and that's saying something.

Mentioning Owen Coyle yet again just leaves me embarrassed reading your posts. 

Southgate would be good option. 

RVN managed PSV and had success there. 2 trophies in 1 season. 

Yet again, Solanke has proved himself as PL goalscorer and when he is at Spurs now. Delap played well today but let's see what he does. Still wouldn't play £20m whilst I would for Solanke 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Van Nistelrooy finished 7 points behind 1st in his sole season in Holland. Won a domestic cup and the Dutch version of the Community Shield, went out of the play off round of the Champions League to Rangers and knocked out of the first knockout round of the Europa league.

Would that solitary season get anyone considered for the United job without the playing career he had for them? A simple no.

I would love to know the reasoning why Southgate would be considered a good choice.

I cant get my head round the reasoning that previous managerial changes havent improved the fortunes, surely it depends on the individuals appointed. And if the logic was not to change because of it, then Ten Hag would just be kept until he retires. He has overseen not only a lack of progression but armed with loads of money spent on players he personally wanted, they have declined and finished 8th last season, and are now in the bottom half. There is still absolutely no sign of anything in terms of a well coached team or even clues on how he has set the team up with any sort of game plan.

There is no logic offered up as to why Ten Hag IS the man to take them forward. I hope they stick with him as the decline is funny.

Last season the red scum got so many raggy wins it hid the underlying problems. 

I had expected them to get a streaky win against Spuds yesterday but they got absolutely spanked even with eleven and Spurs missing Son.

With a lesser keeper than Onana, that would have been a 5 goal hammering.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mentioning Owen Coyle yet again just leaves me embarrassed reading your posts. 

Southgate would be good option. 

RVN managed PSV and had success there. 2 trophies in 1 season. 

Yet again, Solanke has proved himself as PL goalscorer and when he is at Spurs now. Delap played well today but let's see what he does. Still wouldn't play £20m whilst I would for Solanke 

You simply don't get it - the mention of Coyle is to underline the paucity of Hag's management!

Southgate would not be a good option.  Negative, boring football.  United fans just do not want him.

RVN won the Dutch 'Charity Shield' and FA Cup - you are not seriously classing the Charity Shield as a trophy!  Hag won trophies in Dutch football as also did McLaren - enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delap has made the step up to the PL and his form this season, not just yesterday, has been very good indicating he will be a great success.   I think you will find him in the full England squad before the season is out.  You said he was shite during the summer transfer window and it seems your judgement is as bad as Mowbray's who seemingly rejected an offer from City to take Delap on loan in Mowbray's last January transfer window with Rovers!