BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The people running the show need to think long and hard about how many games are being ruined by red cards being handed out for fouls that would have just been a free kick not that long ago. I pay to see 11 play 11. I’ve been to plenty of end to end exciting games that have been spoiled as a spectacle by soft sendings off.

I read a lot about the '11 v 11' debate but when it's Rovers playing I honestly don't care if the opposition have a player sent off and it's in the 'soft' category. If it gives us a better chance of winning I'll take it. And it really doesn't bother me when watching games as a neutral as it sometimes area an extra dimension to the game. The game has changed along with laws, interpretations etc and it's a different beast now to when I retired in 2006.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You simply don't get it - the mention of Coyle is to underline the paucity of Hag's management!

mentioning Coyle like you do from time to time embarrassed yourself and weaken your opinion and points you made. It wouldn't if you Coyle's pictures all through your home and you worship him every day 

Southgate would not be a good option.  Negative, boring football.  United fans just do not want him.

Southgate did a great job as England manager and was our second successful England managers and the players loved his man management skills. 

RVN won the Dutch 'Charity Shield' and FA Cup - you are not seriously classing the Charity Shield as a trophy!  Hag won trophies in Dutch football as also did McLaren - enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercer, I know what he won in his first season Of course it a trophy. I wonder if you wouldn't have celebrated if Rovers had won the Charity Shield in 1994 and 1995. I deffo would and I was there in 1994 when we lost to United 2 nil. 

Delap has made the step up to the PL and his form this season, not just yesterday, has been very good indicating he will be a great success.   I think you will find him in the full England squad before the season is out.  You said he was shite during the summer transfer window and it seems your judgement is as bad as Mowbray's who seemingly rejected an offer from City to take Delap on loan in Mowbray's last January transfer window with Rovers!

We wanted him almost 3 years woah. If you look at his spell at PNE and Hull, no says he is PL player. Would I paid £20m for him? no way, just like I wouldn't paid £10m for Muric or £20m for Hutchinson 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Van Nistelrooy finished 7 points behind 1st in his sole season in Holland. Won a domestic cup and the Dutch version of the Community Shield, went out of the play off round of the Champions League to Rangers and knocked out of the first knockout round of the Europa league.

Would that solitary season get anyone considered for the United job without the playing career he had for them? A simple no

I know what he did in his sole season as head coach at PSV. 

What did Pep Guardiola do before he got the Barcelona job? He was B team manager there before Laporta appointed him. 

What did Mikel Arteta do before he got the Arsenal job? on Pep Guardiola coaching staff at City

Did Enzo Maresca sole season and winning the Championship title deserve a chance at Chelsea? 

Sometimes it can just be the right fit for the right person at the right club. 

I would love to know the reasoning why Southgate would be considered a good choice.

look at the job he did as England manager and our second most successful one after Sir Alf Ramsey. I don't see becoming a head coach in club football but him becoming either managing an international football or become a DoF in club football 

I cant get my head round the reasoning that previous managerial changes havent improved the fortunes, surely it depends on the individuals appointed. And if the logic was not to change because of it, then Ten Hag would just be kept until he retires. He has overseen not only a lack of progression but armed with loads of money spent on players he personally wanted, they have declined and finished 8th last season, and are now in the bottom half. There is still absolutely no sign of anything in terms of a well coached team or even clues on how he has set the team up with any sort of game plan.

There is no logic offered up as to why Ten Hag IS the man to take them forward. I hope they stick with him as the decline is funny.

United have always spent since Ferguson whether it was Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole or Ten Hag. Have United really improved within those times. I think its around £1.2bn they have spent. Mourinho and Ole were sacked in their third season and Ten Hag looks likely to be sack shortly. I think it will be Van Nistelrooy to take over in the interim and rest of the season. 

United botched replacing him in the summer cos he won the FA cup and they couldn't decide who they wanted in terms of first choice. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I read a lot about the '11 v 11' debate but when it's Rovers playing I honestly don't care if the opposition have a player sent off and it's in the 'soft' category. If it gives us a better chance of winning I'll take it. And it really doesn't bother me when watching games as a neutral as it sometimes area an extra dimension to the game. The game has changed along with laws, interpretations etc and it's a different beast now to when I retired in 2006.

I used to think like that but I’ve changed my mind recently. As we’ve seen this season, in the modern game it’s not as easy to defeat a team playing with 10 as it used to be. What you can be sure of though is it will kill the game as a spectacle as the 10 set out to defend the last third of the pitch for the rest of the game.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know what he did in his sole season as head coach at PSV. 

What did Pep Guardiola do before he got the Barcelona job? He was B team manager there before Laporta appointed him. 

What did Mikel Arteta do before he got the Arsenal job? on Pep Guardiola coaching staff at City

Did Enzo Maresca sole season and winning the Championship title deserve a chance at Chelsea? 

Sometimes it can just be the right fit for the right person at the right club. 

look at the job he did as England manager and our second most successful one after Sir Alf Ramsey. I don't see becoming a head coach in club football but him becoming either managing an international football or become a DoF in club football 

United have always spent since Ferguson whether it was Van Gaal, Mourinho, Ole or Ten Hag. Have United really improved within those times. I think its around £1.2bn they have spent. Mourinho and Ole were sacked in their third season and Ten Hag looks likely to be sack shortly. I think it will be Van Nistelrooy to take over in the interim and rest of the season. 

United botched replacing him in the summer cos he won the FA cup and they couldn't decide who they wanted in terms of first choice. 

I’m looking at what Southgate did for the national team. That’s why I hope he gets the Utd job. Dull, unimaginative, turgid, boring , you name it - that’s Southgate’s style. I’d rather have Eustace any day of the week and I’m being serious about that.

Utd fans know that, which is why they don.t want him at any price.

Being honest, with the possible exception of Pep the job is too big, the malaise goes too far, for any current football manager on the planet.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Moderation Lead

Getting rid of Ten Hag is just kicking the can down the road. He ain’t that good, but neither are any of the players, no matter how much they’ve spent on them.

The players are being judged by the standards of players from about 15 years ago who were good players that were winners.
This lot aren’t fit to lace their boots.
So in a way, I do feel sorry for them, being held to a standard that they aren’t capable of achieving.
But also, seeing the meltdowns and the world ending every time they lose is funny tbh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m looking at what Southgate did for the national team. That’s why I hope he gets the Utd job. Dull, unimaginative, turgid, boring , you name it - that’s Southgate’s style. I’d rather have Eustace any day of the week and I’m being serious about that.

Utd fans know that, which is why they don.t want him at any price.

Being honest, with the possible exception of Pep the job is too big, the malaise goes too far, for any current football manager on the planet.

I said before the Euros kicked off that Southgate wasn't good enough and England would fail.

That final was men against boys and it wasn't due to a lack of ability from England. It was a complete lack of tactical nous and a negative, loser mentality from the man in the dugout.

I'd love Southgate to get the United job as it would be a disaster. I can't see him taking it though, he may be a shyte manager but he's not stupid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The culture of the club just seems rotten, you can spot it a mile off with the attitudes of the players. Compare and contrast to an Arsenal or a Liverpool.

Long may it continue 😀

That’s the problem. The issues are much bigger than what goes on out on the pitch.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have asked a series of questions but I would like to him to answer, if he doesn't then fair enough. He seems to think sacking another manager there is the answer to their problems. They sacked Mourinho and Ole in their third season. Has it the situation better? I would say no. Ten Hag has won 2 trophies in 2 season yet people want him sack now. Why not back him and say this is our guy and we will back. 

To answer my question on a 3 man shortlist and to show fairness, here my 3 man shortlist

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

It's not previously sacking managers that was the problem, it was the manager they hired as their successor that was. 

There absolutely must be a manager out there who can get more out of this squad than ETH. No, I can't give you names because I just don't follow European leagues etc. enough but it's not my job to appoint the Man Utd manager. 

Man utd just seems to be a grave yard for players at the moment. 

So many examples but sancho illustrates it perfectly. Brilliant for Dortmund, shocking for Utd, performing again for Chelsea 

The club ruins players. Garnacho was the only one who came out with any credit for me yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to think like that but I’ve changed my mind recently. As we’ve seen this season, in the modern game it’s not as easy to defeat a team playing with 10 as it used to be. What you can be sure of though is it will kill the game as a spectacle as the 10 set out to defend the last third of the pitch for the rest of the game.

It's up to the team with eleven to come up with a way to beat them. City couldn't do it against Arsenal, Burnley couldn't against us, we couldn't do it against Preston but a positive early substitution and change of shape saw us comfortably home against QPR. I quite like watching a good defensive performance and as we did against Burnley. It was a most satisfying point given the circumstances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's not previously sacking managers that was the problem, it was the manager they hired as their successor that was. 

There absolutely must be a manager out there who can get more out of this squad than ETH. No, I can't give you names because I just don't follow European leagues etc. enough but it's not my job to appoint the Man Utd manager. 

They should have kept Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who was building something. I wouldn't sack Ten Hag right now. 

INEOS has brought in a proper football structure to them finally and Dan Ashworth is one of the best DoF going around and let him get process in place and structure in place. 

3 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

OGS was building mediocrity, just like Moyes, Ten Hag and all the other managers since Ferguson. To say that Ole was going to do a Klopp is silly. He was tripe. The players need to be shipped out as they are the reason for the bad atmosphere around the place.

What’s OGS done since he got the bullet ? I genuinely don’t know. Is he still in football ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Getting rid of Ten Hag is just kicking the can down the road. He ain’t that good, but neither are any of the players, no matter how much they’ve spent on them.

The players are being judged by the standards of players from about 15 years ago who were good players that were winners.
This lot aren’t fit to lace their boots.
So in a way, I do feel sorry for them, being held to a standard that they aren’t capable of achieving.
But also, seeing the meltdowns and the world ending every time they lose is funny tbh.

I dont think its anything to do with Title winning standards. Its not as if they are 3rd or 4th, finishing 8th and now being 12th with that squad and considering the resources spent on players Ten Hag specifically wanted is nowhere near good enough. And you wont find a team as poorly coached relative to the quality of players, where you cant see over 2 years in what they are even trying to do.