BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Coyle - that comment is incredibly childish Chaddy.  I've met the guy on a number of occasions and despite his disastrous spell at Rovers he is good company as is Nicko who you revere.

Not childish at all but you are obsess with bringing him on here to annoyed people

Southgate - the players loved him because, I would suggest, he was a pushover.

Good man management means treating people like people and trusting them 

Charity Shield - come off it, a non event.  By the way, I was there in both 1994 and 1995 (where were you in 1995!?!?).

I was there in 1994 at Wembley as 9 year old boy. A memory I will remember. Hopefully we will get there again in the future.  

Mckenna is a wonderful up and coming manager - may well be the next big thing.  I would trust his judgement over yours!

I wouldn't trust your judgement on anything. I told you Eustace was good manager and so far he has proved me right whilst you weren't convince at all

Finally, stuck £20 on Eddie Howe to be next United manager at 50/1!

Ok good for you Mercer. 

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m looking at what Southgate did for the national team. That’s why I hope he gets the Utd job. Dull, unimaginative, turgid, boring , you name it - that’s Southgate’s style. I’d rather have Eustace any day of the week and I’m being serious about that.

Utd fans know that, which is why they don.t want him at any price.

Being honest, with the possible exception of Pep the job is too big, the malaise goes too far, for any current football manager on the planet.

The failure of David Moyes there made me reassess what you need to be a manager of a club like Man United. Ten years of relative success at one of the bigger clubs in England and he was totally unprepared. If anything the length of time at a "normal" club seemed to be a hindrance to getting to grips with what is a totally different job. There's such a small pool of people genuinely prepared to take on those sorts of clubs, in not surprising that the likes of Ancelotti keep getting hired over and over again.

I'm not sure if Southgate will ever manage again to be honest. After being England manager does he have the hunger to slum it at a lower-Prem team or below, and I think Man United are the only club significantly above that level who would be stupid enough to hire him. He wouldn't last a season if they did, but it would be seriously funny in the meantime. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have asked a series of questions but I would like to him to answer, if he doesn't then fair enough. He seems to think sacking another manager there is the answer to their problems. They sacked Mourinho and Ole in their third season. Has it the situation better? I would say no. Ten Hag has won 2 trophies in 2 season yet people want him sack now. Why not back him and say this is our guy and we will back. 

To answer my question on a 3 man shortlist and to show fairness, here my 3 man shortlist

Gareth Southgate

Thomas Tuchel

Luis Enrique 

It wasn't that long ago, that people - yourself included IIRC - when defending Southgate during the Euros, were claiming that the skills needed to manage the national side are different to those needed for a club side.

You obviously believe that Southgate has the necessary skills for both types of role.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Coyle - that comment is incredibly childish Chaddy.  I've met the guy on a number of occasions and despite his disastrous spell at Rovers he is good company as is Nicko who you revere.

Charity Shield - come off it, a non event.  By the way, I was there in both 1994 and 1995 (where were you in 1995!?!?).

Mckenna is a woderful up and coming manager - may well be the next big thing.  I would trust his judgement over yours! 

coyle chimp head, I'd walk out the room if that prick walked in.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos there is a pattern that keeps happening time after time when a manager enter his third year there. 

You have just brought in a new footballing structure with proper experience people in key roles. You have just back and support saying Ten Hag is our man to take us forward and signed a number of players to improve the team. They clearly were looking for a new head coach but couldn't find what the wanted. Its was messy situation. so sacking him so quickly after backing him I find lacking loyal. Look at Pep Guardiola who Roman Abramovic wanted him time after time but rejected them time after time. Do Man United want to be another Chelsea? 

Youve still not said why Ten Hag as an individual deserves to be backed with more time. Youve still not displayed any suggestion of what style of play you can see that Ten Hag has shown signs of implementing. Youve still not explained why Ten Hag is likely to break this supposed third season curse with an improvement in results, probably because they are getting worse and worse. Youve not said one thing about Ten Hag and his work at United which would be an argument in favour of keeping him at the club.

He has already had loads of time, loads of money and the influence to sign loads of players he specifically wants and they keep getting worse.

If they have a structure which for whatever reason you are sure is a good one, despite another summer with considerable spending including on players Ten Hag has worked with before. But if thats changed for the better, then surely you also bring in a manager that can improve on the terrible results and total absence of any plan or playing style to compliment that structure.

Hopefully they stick with him and continue to be a laughing stock though.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Youve still not said why Ten Hag as an individual deserves to be backed with more time. Youve still not displayed any suggestion of what style of play you can see that Ten Hag has shown signs of implementing. Youve still not explained why Ten Hag is likely to break this supposed third season curse with an improvement in results, probably because they are getting worse and worse. Youve not said one thing about Ten Hag and his work at United which would be an argument in favour of keeping him at the club.

won 2 trophies in 2 seasons

He has already had loads of time, loads of money and the influence to sign loads of players he specifically wants and they keep getting worse.

that's why when INOES came in they changed personal in key positions cos the club was over spending on poor players 

If they have a structure which for whatever reason you are sure is a good one, despite another summer with considerable spending including on players Ten Hag has worked with before. But if thats changed for the better, then surely you also bring in a manager that can improve on the terrible results and total absence of any plan or playing style to compliment that structure.

Dan Ashowrth, their Director of Football and very highly regarded in football same as Jason Wilcox who is their technical director there. Ashworth only recently joined there and Wilcox been there for around 6 months. Listen to Potter's words on Ashworth as DoF and his skills set on Monday night football programme 

Im ok for spending my evening listening to what Graham Potter thinks about Dan Ashworth. 

What I do know is that Ten Hag is doing a very poor job as United manager, they have absolutely no sign of any gameplan despite a side assembled full of players Ten Hag has worked with before, he doesnt seem capable of motivating them, I have no idea what he is even trying to do and results are getting worse and worse. And long may it continue.

Listening to Potter on MNF, very clever and diplomatic.

Would bet the house on there being ongoing dialogue between him and United.

Think it's a toss up between Howe and Potter for the job. Mckenna needs another season or so in the PL whilst Tuchel, IMO, bottled it in the summer 

Edited by Mercer

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im ok for spending my evening listening to what Graham Potter thinks about Dan Ashworth. 

Why? You might learn something

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What I do know is that Ten Hag is doing a very poor job as United manager, they have absolutely no sign of any gameplan despite a side assembled full of players Ten Hag has worked with before, he doesnt seem capable of motivating them, I have no idea what he is even trying to do and results are getting worse and worse. And long may it continue.

poor job? 2 trophies in 2 seasons. 

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree there. That's a first for us

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think it's a toss up between Howe and Potter for the job. Mckenna needs another season or so in the PL whilst Tuchel, IMO, bottled it in the summer 

Speaking well on TV doesnt mean anything in terms of management.

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

think he`ll go to southampton,mr perfect martin is a dead man walking imo

Edited by simongarnerisgod
missed letter

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Mckenna is a woderful up and coming manager - may well be the next big thing.  I would trust his judgement over yours! 

I think there's more chance of Howe becoming the next England manager.. 

But, I suppose with those odds it's worth a punt.. 

Not many managers about capable of managing Man Utd, Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti are all out of the loop... 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

United could do worse than Potter

What Potter did wrong at Chelsea was not stand up to the powers above. Maresca learnt that lesson. I don’t think Potter will make the same mistake twice 

When you look back through Potters career in coaching it has been success after success until he landed at Chelsea. He’s a good head coach and Utd would improve with him imo 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

think he`ll go to southampton,mr perfect martin is a dead man walking imo

Doubt that Potter would fancy managing a team that's nailed on for relegation. He's already turned down better jobs than Southampton. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Speaking well on TV doesnt mean anything in terms of management.

I agree - my comments were really directed at Potter's response to being questioned about potential opportunities with United and other clubs