BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Former Rovers players - Goal compilation thread

Posted (edited)
On 06/10/2023 at 16:00, SuperBrfc said:

16. Morten Gamst Pedersen

A great striker of the ball with either foot. There’s thousands of hours of practice gone into that. Just shows what an advantage being two footed is.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 30/05/2024 at 16:37, SuperBrfc said:

29. Keith Gillespie

if keith had put down the pint glass and betting slip he would have been up there with the very best,when he was in the right frame of mind he was unstoppable,he could beat a full back with any foot,inside or outside

• Like 4

On 01/06/2024 at 15:01, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A great striker of the ball with either foot. There’s thousands of hours of practice gone into that. Just shows what an advantage being two footed is.

I find it amazing that he was initially a right footed player, but he then worked tirelessly on improving his left foot. So much so that his left became stronger than his right.

Most neutrals seeing his goals would assume he was naturally left footed. There's hours and hours of work behind that though. Fantastic. Some excellent goals with both feet in that video. The Norwich one where he flicks a header over the defender is top class.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2024 at 16:19, simongarnerisgod said:

if keith had put down the pint glass and betting slip he would have been up there with the very best,when he was in the right frame of mind he was unstoppable,he could beat a full back with any foot,inside or outside

I remember the shouts of "skin him" from the Riverside, whenever he was on the ball. An exciting winger who always tried to beat his man.

He would be lost in today's game, like many of the old school wingers, as that type of flair appears to be coached out of players these days. Could have been so much more, Gillespie, if it wasn't for the off field issues.

• Like 3

• Backroom
On 30/05/2024 at 16:33, SuperBrfc said:

25. Paul Gallagher

I always thought Gally scored more than that! I remember (I was about 13 when he broke onto the scene) thinking he and Derbyshire were the next big things 😅

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I always thought Gally scored more than that! I remember (I was about 13 when he broke onto the scene) thinking he and Derbyshire were the next big things 😅

He was a very good footballer as his subsequent career proved but he lacked the real pace to make it at top level as a striker. Some great finishes there though.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2024 at 09:20, Mike E said:

I don't think I ever thought Derbyshire would be that good, but a year or two earlier I remember thinking similar about Gally and Stead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...