SIMON GARNERS 194 Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 1 hour ago, Waggy76 said: That's it then , relegation this or next season...Home attendances to fall of a cliff , down to mid 80s levels ... Do these idiots, not realise they are not WANTED ! Raos Out ! Yep,what a future we have under these Two Hats...pass me the Shotgun! Quote
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
den Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 It looks pretty obvious to me that whoever issued that statement doesn’t know what’s going on either. There is just nothing to be taken from it. 5 Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 44 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said: Top post Suhail rarely got a mention then JDT calls him out suddenly. To be fair JDT, offered his resignation (understandably) after the Mcguire debacle and it was accepted. Quote
JHRover Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 Next instalment is "the owners are committed....are you?" when Waggott puts up season ticket prices in May. 6 Quote
roversfan99 Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 That statement isn't worth the time it took to be cobbled together. To say we have always been supported by the owners in any way is laughable. 4 Quote
simongarnerisgod Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 1 minute ago, JHRover said: Next instalment is "the owners are committed....are you?" when Waggott puts up season ticket prices in May. highly likely,not before promising that venkys troubles are behind them and they are commited to giving eustace a substancial budget,the month after,it`s announced there is no money due to whatever they make up,we`ve all been here before steve,it`s not going work this time you greasy double glazing salesman 3 Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 The "statement" is quite clear in the inference that whatever problems there were previously as regards getting funding over have allegedly now more or less been resolved and there are only a few procedural points to iron out. Everyone should keep a copy of this statement close to hand in case there is no change to the current situation. The Club and owners will have hung themselves by their own petard should that turn out to be the case. 3 Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said: highly likely,not before promising that venkys troubles are behind them and they are commited to giving eustace a substancial budget,the month after,it`s announced there is no money due to whatever they make up,we`ve all been here before steve,it`s not going work this time you greasy double glazing salesman Difficult not to think otherwise isn't it. Waggott will be gutted if he has to send our (sorry the leased) new bus back. 1 Quote
simongarnerisgod Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said: The "statement" is quite clear in the inference that whatever problems there were previously as regards getting funding over have allegedly now more or less been resolved and there are only a few procedural points to iron out. Everyone should keep a copy of this statement close to hand in case there is no change to the current situation. The Club and owners will have hung themselves by their own petard should that turn out to be the case. it`s 1/100 that eustace will get **** all of the raya and wharton transfer money,they really think the fans are gullible and stupid,some are definately,the majority know what to expect with this rancid lot Quote
harrogate Rover Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 With most court cases in the UK it’s possible to get a transcript as the court is public. Anyone know whether it’s possible to get that from India? Quote
RevidgeBlue Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said: it`s 1/100 that eustace will get **** all of the raya and wharton transfer money,they really think the fans are gullible and stupid,some are definately,the majority know what to expect with this rancid lot Agreed, but subject to the word "should" they've put a statement out saying the recent financial issues are practically resolved. Whether they intended to do that may be a moot point but they can hardly use the Court proceedings as an excuse going forward now. Quote
JHRover Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said: Everyone should keep a copy of this statement close to hand in case there is no change to the current situation. The Club and owners will have hung themselves by their own petard should that turn out to be the case. Simple solution to that little problem....blame the boogeyman or in our case good old FFP. Owners are doing all they can, desperate to invest etc. but it just isn't fair because our low crowds and FFP make it impossible (Please ignore the £30 million from player sales and the crumbling infrastructure not constrained by FFP) 2 Quote
Upside Down Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 A nothing statement made by a nothing person. I called it before it happened and said the hearing would be postponed. These court hearings so far have only been about allowing them to send over money. I'm not sure if these hearings include the investigation, I would expect that to be a different case. I'm hoping the verdict in August is that they'll be forbidden from sending funds overseas, or it gets postponed again for another five months. I don't care what happens as long as we are rid of them one way or another. 7 Quote
jim mk2 Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 A non-statement full of weasal words and little more than a tribute to how wonderful the owners are. It's actually an insult to the intelligence of Rovers fans - at least those who can see through the continuing bullshit coming from the management at Ewood Park. I agree that the "should" word is the most relevant. If the statement had said "we are confident that" there might be cause for optimism but as it stands it provides little reassurance that these problems might be over 4 Quote
tomphil Posted March 18, 2024 Author Posted March 18, 2024 You'd have to be off your rocker to take any comfort in that statement it's almost a rehash of the last one. Don't anyone be fooled the club is being funded by player sales instalments and probably more borrowing at some point and will continue to be with more player sales in summer. They are basically hoping that sees us through until the next court hearing, it was promised in the last statement that would be sorted by now. Quote
Rogerb Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 21 minutes ago, Upside Down said: I'm not sure if these hearings include the investigation, I would expect that to be a different case. A second case reference appeared with the postponement notice until August. It relates to Fema investigation Quote
tomphil Posted March 18, 2024 Author Posted March 18, 2024 57 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said: The "statement" is quite clear in the inference that whatever problems there were previously as regards getting funding over have allegedly now more or less been resolved and there are only a few procedural points to iron out. Everyone should keep a copy of this statement close to hand in case there is no change to the current situation. The Club and owners will have hung themselves by their own petard should that turn out to be the case. I'm taking that as being because of the income from sales not because their problems sending cash are sorted. 1 Quote
Upside Down Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 3 minutes ago, Rogerb said: A second case reference appeared with the postponement notice until August. It relates to Fema investigation Roger, I haven't properly looked at it yet. 1 Quote
aletheia Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 6 hours ago, J*B said: I think thats gross negligence from employees and/or the people in charge of running the club employing inexperienced people into key positions to keep the running costs low. Simply cannot believe that. 3 times? Was that the same inexperienced person each time? Those sorts of decisions come from higher up. 2 Quote
Exiled_Rover Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said: To be fair JDT, offered his resignation (understandably) after the Mcguire debacle and it was accepted. I think he left when A. Wharton was sold for £18m+ and a replacement wasn't brought in. He'd had enough. 5 Quote
Popular Post Upside Down Posted March 18, 2024 Popular Post Posted March 18, 2024 5 minutes ago, aletheia said: Simply cannot believe that. 3 times? Was that the same inexperienced person each time? Those sorts of decisions come from higher up. I said after O'Brien that it was deliberately sabotaged. I'm totally convinced that all three were deliberately sabotaged. They never seem to make these mistakes when bringing in shit players for no money or when they are selling off the best player we've had for 15 years. 15 Quote
simongarnerisgod Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 1 minute ago, Upside Down said: I said after O'Brien that it was deliberately sabotaged. I'm totally convinced that all three were deliberately sabotaged. They never seem to make these mistakes when bringing in shit players for no money or when they are selling off the best player we've had for 15 years. definately the undav and o`brien deals were undav was obviously put off the move at rovers end,playing reserve team football for brighton was a better propositon,yeah right o`brien got alarm bells ringing when someone realised he was an excellent player,who would have got us into the play offs and possibly won them,can`t be having that can we,do whatever you can to stop it blindingly obvious those deals were thwarted,venkys don`t want us in the premier league,they`ve cut the managers legs off whenever we`ve assembled a decent side 1 Quote
NeilInBristol Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 Apparently Egg will be doing a presser during the int break so we can hear all the excuses about the Jan window Quote
Blue blood Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 The statement tells me they've always supported us!?!? Makes me curious to know what not supporting us would look like. Short of burning down Ewood or taking out Sami I can't think of much detrimental they haven't done. 5 Quote
philipl Posted March 18, 2024 Posted March 18, 2024 Never mind the content, stylistically the club statement reads like an obituary. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.