BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Women

17 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

As funding the women’s team doesn’t impact adversely on FFP calculations this suggests it’s a cash flow decision.

The saying that the owners never refuse to sign a cheque clearly no longer holds true - just in case there was any lingering doubt at all. 
This club is dying the death of a thousand cuts. 

100% agree. I think Waggott would even struggle to spin a yarn to defend the owners here. The taps would appear to be 100% turned off in India.

• Like 5

Whilst it's still a pathetic amount, the tweet below suggests the budget was £100k before and is unchanged. It doesn't change the fact it's a woeful amount, but if it has always been £100k it would suggest a lack of interest in funding women's football from the club rather than this decision (ignoring the others) being due to cash flow issues. 

IMG_0731.thumb.png.c35fd0873bfa2f4efc7a03e91bf2404c.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

As funding the women’s team doesn’t impact adversely on FFP calculations this suggests it’s a cash flow decision.

The saying that the owners never refuse to sign a cheque clearly no longer holds true - just in case there was any lingering doubt at all. 
This club is dying the death of a thousand cuts. 

That saying was never ever true ever.

It was, is and always will be total bollocks.

• Like 4

They are all squealing now, anyone reckon that so called agent on about a player clear out was actually referring to the women's team.

Seems a coordinated attack rather than organic.

It looked like we were making good progress developing the women's team. Highest ever position, record attendances and I assumed closer to going full time than 9k a week for 30+ hr?? a week job. I'm not sure how the figures stack up, but the wages of a team in the 6/7th league in Germany won't be far off, with similar crowds and presumably less sponsorship than Rovers. Maybe there are appearance related bouses too. Eitherway this decision has destroyed the team and we would do well to avoid relegation this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

What sort of crowds were the women getting?

Read yesterday that they got "over 1000" twice last season (record crowds for them) out of 11 home games, so the average crowd is by deduction under 1000.

Posted (edited)

Rovers used to have one of the leading women's teams in the North West, 2nd only Everton at the time Venkys took over, playing in the top flight. When the WSL came in, all the backroom staff and volunteers were being told by the club, they would be applying. At the very last minute the Venkys ownership pulled the plug and refused to fund the team and application (classic move) . Leaving many people scrambling around.

This was one sign early on of the many that have followed that Venkys have never been serious about putting money in unless absolutely essential to avoid a loss of control of the club. Investing, developing the club etc, not on the radar.

Over a decade later nothing is different, these little refusuals , obvious signs of their total lack of interest haven't been hard to spot, such a shame it's not obvious to large swathes of the fan base what's happening here. I feel for the women as I know they used to be treated pretty well down at Brockhall.

Edited by Bronzed A Donis
Typo
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, KentExile said:

Read yesterday that they got "over 1000" twice last season (record crowds for them) out of 11 home games, so the average crowd is by deduction under 1000.

Wasn't the over 1000 gates, games that were played at Ewood ? I would bet that about 10% of those fans, attended the games at Leyland.

• Like 1

What’s stopping a Blackburn ladies football club being set up that’s completely independent of Blackburn Rovers? They then wouldn’t be impacted by any decisions made by our wanker CEO.  

22 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

What’s stopping a Blackburn ladies football club being set up that’s completely independent of Blackburn Rovers? They then wouldn’t be impacted by any decisions made by our wanker CEO.  

I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that the women's game is not (at least currently, or in the near future) financially sustainable, as crowds, tv coverage etc do not come close to even paying the low wages mentioned in recent days

I think that without being subsidised by the clubs, there would be even less funding for the women's teams. 

As I said, I may be wrong, and am more than happy for someone to give me a steer.

38 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that the women's game is not (at least currently, or in the near future) financially sustainable, as crowds, tv coverage etc do not come close to even paying the low wages mentioned in recent days

I think that without being subsidised by the clubs, there would be even less funding for the women's teams. 

As I said, I may be wrong, and am more than happy for someone to give me a steer.

I think most clubs, certainly outside the WSL top tier lose money. I think there are a few in the top flight that turn a profit and maybe 1 or 2 lower down. Absolutely outside of a few it's not sustainable and even less so with recent new media deal . A bit like the mens games rich get richer everyone else gets the crumbs.

Whether people are bothered about it being the women's team is up to themselves.

However , I think the point is the affirmation that those who never refuse a cheque, never actually send a cheque. Whether that be on cleaning the ground, buying a team coach or the women's team or being a 6 year old mascot.

Anything associated with this club we, the fans want to be done to the best standard,  those in charge don't.

This is another public shaming of our proud football clubs name and another symbol that not only as a club are we dumbing down everywhere, but it's another branch of Blackburn Rovers that's worse now than when they took over. It's a disease.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Maybe the ladies should be amateurs rather than semi-professionals until it makes sense financially?

47 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Maybe the ladies should be amateurs rather than semi-professionals until it makes sense financially?

Yeah...and they should stick to pissing in a portakabin too and the coffee machine?! Forget it.

I get your premis, but some of the follow-up comments away from the payment fiasco are what really shows the rotten underbelly of BRFC.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Rovers used to have one of the leading women's teams in the North West, 2nd only Everton at the time Venkys took over, playing in the top flight. When the WSL came in, all the backroom staff and volunteers were being told by the club, they would be applying. At the very last minute the Venkys ownership pulled the plug and refused to fund the team and application (classic move) . Leaving many people scrambling around.

This was one sign early on of the many that have followed that Venkys have never been serious about putting money in unless absolutely essential to avoid a loss of control of the club. Investing, developing the club etc, not on the radar.

Over a decade later nothing is different, these little refusuals , obvious signs of their total lack of interest haven't been hard to spot, such a shame it's not obvious to large swathes of the fan base what's happening here. I feel for the women as I know they used to be treated pretty well down at Brockhall.

From the second they got here they were talking about reducing the wage bill (70% of turnover at the time) and were cutting costs left right and centre.

Within two years the wage bill was at 140% of turnover and all our top players had either been paid out of their contracts, bundled out in cheap dodgy transfers or were frozen out of the first team.

Back then I thought the only reason they had bought the club was to run some sort of financial scam. All these years later I have only seen things that reinforce this opinion.

Just look at the people who have occupied the top positions at the club since they drove out Williams and Finn.

To get a job at this place you have to be ready to look the other way at all times and be concerned solely with feathering your own nest.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

From the second they got here they were talking about reducing the wage bill (70% of turnover at the time) and were cutting costs left right and centre.

Within two years the wage bill was at 140% of turnover and all our top players had either been paid out of their contracts, bundled out in cheap dodgy transfers or were frozen out of the first team.

Back then I thought the only reason they had bought the club was to run some sort of financial scam. All these years later I have only seen things that reinforce this opinion.

Just look at the people who have occupied the top positions at the club since they drove out Williams and Finn.

To get a job at this place you have to be ready to look the other way at all times and be concerned solely with feathering your own nest.

Plenty of Agents have been on the gravy train. The biggest one of all has fled the scene and become invisible, but is he still lurking in the background somewhere? 

• Like 1

Only article on the Rovers in the Guardian for years and its a source of shame and humiliation.

I can't see this situation with the owners lasting much longer. At some point surely we haven't the money to function anymore? Let's get it over with.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/03/blackburn-rovers-criticised-after-minimum-wage-reports-for-women

• Backroom

Millie Chandarana has now said she’s decided to move on as well, wonder if anyone with any potential will now be gone 

On 03/07/2024 at 18:39, Bronzed A Donis said:

Wait until you hear about the losses in the mens game...

Wait until you and your comment likers hear about the money that can be made in the Premier League, the only reason why Championship and below clubs are accepting these huge losses.

15 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Wait until you and your comment likers hear about the money that can be made in the Premier League, the only reason why Championship and below clubs are accepting these huge losses.

The Premier League clubs lost a combined £685 million in 22/23

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Think that kind of proves the point though doesn't it.

Speculate to accumulate or invest to strive for better. Rather than cut back.

Otherwise let's just say why can't Rovers get some lads from the soccerdome that will reduce our losses.

It's the ownership mentality of the last 13 years om show.