BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

The only positive I can take, they will be travelling back in comfort in the Options coach ! Spoke to Leo W down Brockhall, he said that he would need to be patient and I told him that he wouldn’t need to be too patient, he think he will now have the shirt going forward.

If we defend like that, it won't matter who's in goal. 

• Like 3

Midfield 2 none existent when it comes to defending, don’t know what instructions they have but it’s horrible, feel Wharton needs to be in a 3 to get the best out of him donkey work isn’t his game. Teams have way too much exposure to carter and hyam. Dolan is the shittest winger in the football pyramid. Pears wouldn’t make the darwen first 11 and how pickering hasn’t been upgraded yet, Christ. 

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

If Pears starts against Leicester, I will stand by my theory that JDT is just giving a fuck-you to his bosses. 

It has to be at this point. No one can have watched Pears this season and think he’s been picked on merit. Unless (and this is a horrifying thought) Leo is shit and we’ve wasted best part of a million quid on him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

The only positive I can take, they will be travelling back in comfort in the Options coach ! Spoke to Leo W down Brockhall, he said that he would need to be patient and I told him that he wouldn’t need to be too patient, he think he will now have the shirt going forward.

Well he has his chance now play well against Cardiff and keep the shirt.

I think even Pears will have little complaint now hes had a fair crack of the whip although all the blame should not be attached to him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT, right?

Allardyce football bored me to tears and had me considering giving up my season ticket when we were a PL team. 

Genuinely being serious but I loved it. And I ain't a dinosaur but I enjoyed it no end. Hughes too obviously which was a great mix of physicality and slick football. As was Souness'. Not enjoying this much I have to say and I am not a fan of Tomasson as a manager, seems to have some great traits as a person but it's not a personality contest at the end of the day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i only watched the first half and it`s clear adam wharton needs to adjust his game and needs a rocket up his backside,no point sulking because players mark you tighter than last season

Wharton's a good passer with good vision, but he strolls about. That said there were occasions today when both he and Travis were standing there as Ipswich picked their passes.

But even with our flaws, with a different keeper between the sticks today we wouldn't have lost.

• Like 2

Pears is no better than he was when his  Uncle Tony signed him.

Adam Wharton is very , very poor this season.

Travis ..just isn’t good enough between the ears or the touch of his boots….

Just imagine how the back 4 feel with this in front and behind them…..no wonder our goals against is what it is .

JDT has much thinking to do ..but…  when 4 of your signings are nowhere to be seen …Hill, Tronstad, Wahlstedt, Ennis …and this current starting line up is as weak  as it is ..how poor is our club , how poor was this window and the previous ones? 
Venky’s are the reason yes ….but the current regime is both embarrassing and pathetic. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That’s not how it works though is it? 
we are fully capable of beating Leicester, we just need the right team selection and to be at it.

Did you watch today? Scoreline flattered us, Ipswich won at a canter and it will be thier easiest game this season despite the scoreline saying otherwise. We are a soft touch, toothless uptop and no quality squad depth.. Leicester will tear us apart, 4 or 5 goals, screenshot this post 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We look nailed on for relegation to me, no money (apparently) relatively toothless up front despite 3 today, shipping goals for fun, no bite in midfield and a keeper you can't really rely on.

Not entirely his fault, but the hype surrounding JDT far outweighs his results on the pitch.

Nah, we clearly aren’t going to be anywhere near the bottom 3 come May.

However there are several issues that need addressing if we are to achieve more than hovering around midtable this season.

First one being putting our best GK in goal, with immediate effect.

We miss Rankin-Costello massively. He offers a lot of protection to the midfield when he drifts inside and Travis goes wandering. Don’t get that with Brittain and we look far shakier down the right hand side. Brittain is at his best putting crosses in. 

The Wharton criticism is well over the top. He has a very specific role which he generally does extremely well. Expecting every pass to split the opposition is unrealistic. He’s the one player who can pick up the ball under pressure and generally keeps us in possession.

Wahlstedt wasn’t signed to sit on the bench and there is absolutely no excuse for him not taking his place as number one now. It’s overdue.

• Like 2

7 goals conceded in the space of a few days. Not one of them where the opposition was made to work for them. JDT has enough credit in the bank but this is shocking football. I know many will say it's great football because it's very attacking, but we will concede 3 or 4 every match playing this way. Leicester will absolutely destroy us next weekend.

I don't think we'll go down this season but we're looking at the bottom 8 from what Ive seen so far. The structure and organisation of the team is the worst in the league and the options we have on the bench are woeful.

• Like 2